GoPro Of The World - January

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by brettbarley, Feb 24, 2015.

1. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Makes me wonder how much they are raking in. They seem to sponser everything these days.

2. brettbarley

brettbarley Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Thank you… I really appreciate that.

And you can go for the PM… sounds frustrating. That stuff doesn't really happen here, since none of the locals here compete in any contests.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015

3. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    o brett are you winning your contest, watch out for the fujiwara

4. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Doesn't happen here either.

5. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Relax dude, I'm just playing around.

I know you southern guys don't catch-on too quick, especially in Southern Dare County.

I'm not carrying a grudge aboot you not thanking people for votes. Really, I'm not. But anyone who pops-on here right quick looking for help is going to get some razzing.

No one is sore at ya fella, they's just pullin-your-chain. Well, Barry Cuda is probably angry at you.

Brett, some day, if you are up north, you can autograph my breasts.

6. brettbarley

brettbarley Member

Feb 4, 2014
    No. Losing by 120 last I checked, and voting ends in next few hours. Looks like Gesler got this one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Huh?? I am??? News to me!!
    I don't get angry- I have been trained not to.
    I never even heard of this Brett kid. But then again , I am not into contests, etc.

He gave it a try and didn't win. There will be others, I am sure.
    Better luck next time. Maybe if you had used a Samsung.....??

8. KillinMeSmalls

KillinMeSmalls Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2014
    guy is creative enough to make a living on surfing...no reason to criticize how he's doing it

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  9. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    I don't see how anyone here could even question whether they would vote for him, being that there was a sick barrel and a Carolina Cutback.

Done.

10. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Wow.

I've never felt the zing of hatred and inherit evil.

Five Question Marks and two Exclamation Marks.

That's looky like anger to me.

Please settle-down, Mr. Cuda. Please. I'm beginning to get a bit frightened. I hope a moderator is watching us on here.

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Appropriate punctuation.
    And I was not even an English major.
    And thank you for calling me "Mr. Cuda". That is very innovative of you.

12. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    brett does not burn people to burn people. ive surfed out in the water where he was like the 5 weekends down there and he shares more waves that any other pro ive seen. even during the big day off third groin with corey lopez and everybody out he was sharing waves and hooting others in

brett, don't listen to these clowns. they are just trying to bust your balls. welcome to swellinfo haha.

Congrats on your baby girl and i hope to see you down there again soon. My name is Andy. ill say hi next time i see you out.

13. matheson

matheson Active Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Brett Barley not the best on the east coast? How many other east coasters have ever dropped perfect 10s at Backdoor? Not many; and as a goofy nonetheless. Paddling into second reef, charging doh lighthouse on the reg, towing during hurricane noel, nuff said. At worst, I'd say top 3 on the east coast. How many others here are getting recognition outside of the east coast? Not many.
    I don't know the guy personally but I've surfed during the same session with him a number of times. Idk about him burning people or even needing to for that matter. Seems to know and be in the perfect place on that sandbar every time. Either way, if I'm not from a place, I wouldn't tend to complain if I'm getting burnt by the locals. Especially any pros. Some crybaby drove all the way to Hatteras and the locals won't give them any waves boohoo. Stay home next time; we all know the waves are better in NJ anyway (lol).
    As for asking for votes to win 20 grand, oh well. If it means I have to ask for votes in order make a living as a surfer and not have a 9 to 5, so be it.
    Brett, if you're reading this, keep it up advancing east coast surfing. Btw, I know it sounds crazy but you should have surfed VB that last swell when it was too big down south. was buenazo.

14. xJohnnyUtahX

xJohnnyUtahX Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Crazy

15. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    gee 120 points shy , sh1tz , you should have called lief and he get his boys on the keyboard , they are real pros not some washed up semi pro on the computer and could get you a win , long live the fujiwara brett

16. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Thats some stalker ( It puts the lotion on its skin) stuff right there wooooooooh, what your back Bret....

17. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    watch

18. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Balaram had a 10 at Pipe last year... Not saying he's better or worse (they both rip and charge in big surf)

19. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    what. i didnt post that haha.

20. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Try comparing those two waves (10s). Only a couple of east coast guys...