Puerto Rico surf trip

Discussion in 'Puerto Rico' started by Icem@n, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Icem@n

Icem@n Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I'm planning a surf trip to Puerto Rico next summer and was hopeful that I could get some recommendations. I've done some research on the web and with me being an intermediate surfer and trying to go in the summer to avoid my kids missing school was thinking about Rincon, Casa Islena in July?

2. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    better get your reservations in that's a busy time of year

3. surfsolo

surfsolo Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    I have some hotel reservation for a few days in Rincon I cant use in this march....any takers?

4. Icem@n

Icem@n Member

Jan 29, 2013
    This is going to be in 2016, my little brother in law graduates from school and this is a congratulatory gift. July is more crowded than peak wave season? Is there a better time/spot to go at that time of year?

5. surfsolo

surfsolo Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    July sucks there. lol........................

6. jiredell

jiredell Member

Oct 31, 2012
    July in Rincon= Hot, Flat. Good places to eat though.

7. bonefin

bonefin Active Member

Oct 9, 2014
    July? You will have a lovely trip with beautiful ocean and very warm weather. However, you will not surf. Ain't no Noreasters in July.

8. Icem@n

Icem@n Member

Jan 29, 2013
    We were going to go to Nicaragua but I've got twin 9 year old daughters too and was skeptical of taking them there. Also, trying to keep the cost low, we're moving to Florida the following spring and trying to save $$.

9. Icem@n

Icem@n Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Perhaps our annual trip to Buxton will have to do, or maybe the kids can miss a week of school....

10. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Nicaragua is fine - not dangerous unless you look for it. If you are worried then I suggest using one of the many guide services.

11. Socco

Socco Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2014
    probably get better waves in buxton in July

12. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    miss school , its not all its cracked up to be hahaha and the kids will love it

13. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Bro just Stay home your scared to go anywhere will you be doing coke? If so go to costa. If your drinkin go to Germany if your shooting dope go to Atlantic city nj. Let this be your surf guide.

14. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Costa Rica, Panama, El Salvadore, Mexico, Southern California.

I've never been there but I've heard Cabo San Lucas is good that time of year and has a variety of breaks.

15. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

PR is soooo overrated.

16. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    In July......How about Nova Scotia? Could get lucky and score some early tropical swell.

17. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    We always go to Rincon when the kids are on Spring break, around Easter. It's late in the season but ive never been skunked.

18. Icem@n

Icem@n Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Dude, I'm not scared to go anywhere just try to stay smart about my surroundings after my wife was assaulted in CR on a surf trip several years ago.

Def not doing coke or shooting dope. Do drink but can get drunk at home in Maryland.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  19. Icem@n

Icem@n Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I've got a friend who goes to Nicaragua all the time, I'll hit him up to see what he thinks. I would of before but we used to be roommates 15 years ago but now just communicate on FB and IG.

Thanks,

20. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    What the hell happened in c.r. That sucks