hawaii

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by surfnewb, Mar 12, 2015.

1. surfnewb

surfnewb Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    The one week a year I go, the ONE week I hope to watch pros surf pipe, the ONE week I hope to see some perfect waves...the weather sucks and there are only boogie boarders surfing pipe.

Anybody down for a trip next winter? hotels are ridic expensive but airbnb has some sweet deals on vacation rentals.

2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

If you went there to idolize pros at any break, you deserve to have gotten skunked.
    Now, had you gone there to drop in on pros, then you would be an swellie hero.

3. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    every surfer should know hawaii.
    it really is a 7MMiracle.
    if that trip was no good, go back.
    theres' a lot to learn...like that whole stayin in one piece thing...
    but still going out and gettin some better 'n you ever have.

4. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Probs the same boogies that went out and charged after they cancelled the Pipe Masters for being too big.

5. surfnewb

Dec 21, 2013
    Of course not, I went to surf (obviously not pipe), surfed Freddie's almost every day.

I've never seen pros surf big ass waves, so yes of course I was psyched to see that. Don't try to tell me you wouldn't love to watch some world class surfing at pipe on a perfect day. (obviously if you're good enough for pipe you'd want to be out there yourself)

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Exactly. But not on the largest days. Those days are now gone for me, as I age.

7. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    you're the guy that always posts about going places (hawaii and indo) but never posts any pics

8. surfnewb

Dec 21, 2013
    Haha yea that staying in one piece thing is a good lesson. I was at V-Land by accident one day in double overhead. I definitely learned my lesson haha (I mistook vland for freddie's left, the two breaks are practically side by side, might have used the wrong house for my marker)

Still love Hawaii, and will go again next year, but the conditions were pretty crappy that week.

9. surfnewb

Dec 21, 2013
    Didn't want to be that kook with a gopro...although I was that kook with a gopro on the last day, mind you on the south shore in small surf just to get something..

i have an instagram if you want

10. surfnewb

Dec 21, 2013
    for you metard,

me and my girl at Sandy's on the south shore

2015-02-15 17.26.54.jpg

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  11. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
  12. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    props to ya newb

13. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    surf been bad on north shore Hawaii this year , badwinds , rain , windy and when it was good there was a contest

14. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    nice butt!

15. CDsurf

CDsurf Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    Who cares about surfing pictures. Tell us more about the woman in your life with a series of pictures. No words.

16. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Hawaii is a great place- I agree it's one of those must go places for surfers...

All I can say is that if you see it big... You will not even think about paddling out! You'll be totally content to watch, and it's something you won't forget! I mean it's no Belmar, but I was there one year while they had pipe contest- they where calling it 15ft... I would call it 30! Not at all idolizing- but Totally watching in awe and amazement as these guys effortlessly dropped and got pitted... So pitted...

Book that flight for next year. It took about 4 or 5 trips till I saw it really going off- it's something to see for sure.

17. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    im gonna need some more pictures of her for some research.

18. daeggman

daeggman Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2014
  19. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I agree.