How did you get back into being a surfer after stopping or quitting for 10+ years ?

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by Rebel4Liberty76, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Rebel4Liberty76

Rebel4Liberty76 Active Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Also, I'd love to see you get on a flowrider NEVER having ridden one, and just stand as long as I did on your first time! IT's a very bumpy ride to maintain your balance on. Tons of people/kids trying to ride that board just fell off the moment they were released by the lifeguard! As I said, you've got balls!

2. Rebel4Liberty76

Mar 13, 2015
    No wonder! I suppose you're death defying, although I've actually defied death, once surfing, once with an 8ft Tiger Shark, and another with my head almost being run over while pinned down by a bike.

3. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    How old were ya on the flow rider? I would love to try one!

4. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Punch yourself in the chest 12.5 times, do 7.3 lines of comet, and call me in the morning.

5. Rebel4Liberty76

Mar 13, 2015
    That was 27. I would suggest finding one that IS the park than an actual attraction of the park. Where I was at is a waterpark, so they were just moving kids and adults through like a mill, with little instruction on proper riding. Just hold on their ams, and then let ya go, fall down once, and then one more try....NEXT in line! The moment I was let go of, I looked at the flow of water as the line on a wave, but once the board slid backward and spun out, the water had control of where it was pushing me to. Hence the one clip that pushed me all the way back to the edge. The speed of water is powerful, so it's harder than it looks, even with surfing skill.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  6. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010

7. Rebel4Liberty76

Mar 13, 2015
    Not pounding the chest, but that's like having a 10lbs weight tied in one hand and using the free one to paddle with. It was wrapped in garbage bags and duct tape. Made it to the break and decided this is insane, so I took one in before the 'clean up sets' arrived in hurricane conditions from the fringes of Andrew passing. Not even friends wanted to paddle out in Andrew. It was 8-10+ and sucking out mean. Won't forget it. It was a crazy rush to attempt at saying nothing is going to stop me from surfing. Now when the short arm was put on, I didn't give a **** and wrapped it up, and out I went all the time cast be dammed. It was still cumbersome to use, but I was able use to begin take off and then with the free one to pop me up to drop in

8. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Told you guys surfing season started early this year LMAO!

9. Rebel4Liberty76

Mar 13, 2015
    I guess that's your way of saying hello! I love it! Takes me back in the day...

10. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Dude, Barney...Lauderton is so 80's, brah....honeyton is the real deal.

I know a dude who's shoulder you can cry on and he'll buy you pizza, brah..

...like a whole pie, gnarly!

11. Rebel4Liberty76

Mar 13, 2015
    FOAD to you as well A$$HOLE. Your grammar blows btw!

IGNORE me and I WILL IGNORE you since there is no blocking option. Done!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  12. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    i like you now just add more curse words.

13. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Chill Rebel there's a few toolbags on this site , you just met one. I think I just one upped you on the kook rib I just dripped toothpaste on some fresh ball rash from surfin thus morning. Wow never felt so Alive!!!! hahahaha

14. Rebel4Liberty76

Mar 13, 2015
    Sounds like it! I've seen his kind back when there was no internet to hide. Always with the attitude, aggression and chip, bombastic mofo blowhards in the water :mad:

Oh the rashes, I had fresh knee cap rashes the first day out from board shorts. The ones between the thighs s are the worst to get from laying to sitting. It's soon to come I'm sure lol

Rib area is getting a knot now, so it's getting toughened up. At least I know, and don't have a problem riding this condition out. I guess the good thing is that area will be conditioned to lie on the board for longer paddles and impact from the board.

15. Rebel4Liberty76

Mar 13, 2015
    You're a real dumba$$! Being a kook is about NO RESPECT in the water. Snaking waves, cut offs, drop ins. Only a suicidal kook would surf at SEBASTIAN INLET without knowing the law of the lineup! I wonder who's the real kook with $hitty attitude biotch a$$ punk!

16. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    Ok, you win! I quit! feel better dork! So anyway Rebel these guys must be the low man on the totumpole at work/school/ whatever they do, to come on here and treat innocent people like that, livin a crappy reality the more you act like they are not there the faster they fade. They know who the real kook is dont get caught up in the hate

17. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Awww Bradley mad a new friend:p. Rebel came on here with a long ass novel to ask about why his boobies hurt after a 10 year break from surfing and then gets mad when he gets a new asshole ripped.

And Rebel is this the first forum you have joined? You keep talking about back before the intraweb but even though you and I in our late 30's early 40's remember that time forums and interweb fighting have been around for about two decades so this is nothing new. There is no changing us, we will continue to give you sh!t and god help you when Yankee comes back from his temporary ban. You ain't see nuthin yet.

18. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    That has to be the most ignorant threat/ thing Ive heard you say since I have been on this forum. What are you , an anonymous member of a make believe gang of trolls on the internet. Then you call me sad and a moron wow. You Yanker, and your new little wannabe Whalerus whom I believe is Yanker under cover are soooo tough in your little fantasy world. So gay man I honestly feel sorry for you!!

19. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Troll success

Looks like Whalerus has finally been banned. Maybe he'll come back as "Moby D!ck"?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  20. Rebel4Liberty76

Mar 13, 2015
    THIS is real wisdom to be respected! Well said. Why don't you guys QUIT, cause surfing is about a vibe and kinship too, bro!