How did you get back into being a surfer after stopping or quitting for 10+ years ?

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by Rebel4Liberty76, Mar 13, 2015.

1. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Nope wrong again Fadley. Dad's still around, we play golf a couple times a month. In fact I come from an idealic upbringing. Parents still married after 42 years and happy as ever. They had only one becasue my mom had "lady" issues and could not have another. Plus being an only child is the shiznit! I got pretty much anything I wanted, never had to here "can't do that becasue your bro/sis is too young" or any of that crap and did not have to share my car with them or give them rides.

Now your second statement is wrong too. I do have a secretary/assistant but it is not a he. Just a pretty girl with nice "qualifications" like back in the good ole days I mentioned before. Now if only I could get away with smaking her on the tush for a "job well done" life would be great but these BS PC douche monkeys ruin it for everyone.

2. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Hahaha good stuff man! cheers!!!

3. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    classic post you served him well.

4. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    The South is rising again my brotha!!!

5. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    [​IMG]
    something to lighten the mood

6. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Not until you buy a 7' beat up single fin, do 1000 push ups, and bang three hindus to prove your seaworthyness.

7. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    This does not qualify as being tough. Young and dumb, yes, tough...who knows? I did lots of dumb stuff in my teens, especially after getting dumped by a girl. I remember paddling out at Reef Road during a Thanksgiving Day DOH swell with 25 mph onshores when the Mercedes freighter washed ashore in Molly Wilmonts backyard. Being 19, pissed and able to surf does not make you tough. Just lucky.

Try surfing. I have read that will get you in shape for the waves. Weclome to The Forum you pu$$y!

8. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Naming spots and ending every sentence with an exclamation point makes one tough.

9. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    Two excellent points!

Listen to KR Rebel, KR is wise.

10. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    nice distraction

11. natkitchen

natkitchen Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Hey O.P, how are your chesticles?

12. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Thank you, so is yours.

13. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Try surfing. I have read that will get you in shape for the waves. Weclome to The Forum you pu$$y![/QUOTE]

Brahaha! This should be the official intro to SI.

14. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I just realised what a great thread this is. How the fark did I miss this.

15. kidrock

Aug 1, 2010
    Not the original "Hello" tread, but working it's way into "classic" status. Needs more hate to get into "Swellie" status. Can't wait until Yankee is let out of his Shame Corner, LOL. Rcarter is doing great in his absence, tho. Watching these 2 guys at work is like watching 2 old crusty locals regulating the peak at a classic surf spot, funnier than hell.

16. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    Yeah they love me to peaces Hahahaha.

17. Rebel4Liberty76

Rebel4Liberty76 Active Member

Mar 13, 2015
    Not tough..more like hard a$$!

18. Rebel4Liberty76

Mar 13, 2015
    Still sore as a b!tch to cough from toking or laughing, but finally loosening up. Looking forward to Thurs windswell.

Thanks for the welcome, fartknockers!:p

19. Rebel4Liberty76

Mar 13, 2015
    Everyone keeps mentioning a "hello tread" and I didn't see any, so I made me own hello tread instead!

20. kidrock

Aug 1, 2010
    I guess it'll do...keep on rockin', Reb.