Bay Head NJ

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by juliaep, Apr 11, 2015.

1. juliaep

juliaep Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Surf looks good today and there are a few guys out catching waves. A few close outs, but these guys are riding them anyways.

I'm visiting in-laws and didn't bring my suit or board. I should've at least brought my body board. Oh well, such a beautiful day and all I can do is cheer the dirty jersey boys. Never thought I'd ever say that on the surf forum.

2. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    you must have married well Julia if the in-laws are in bay head , is it that you are a gold digging groupie surf chick with a lust for money ??? hahahah

3. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Yea, even jersey has its days....

If you thought bayhead was good, you shoulda checked out BELMAR- it's ALWAYS 10x better (and bigger) in BELMAR NJ!

#belmar
    #saltlife

4. daeggman

daeggman Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2014
    manasquan inlet

i feel safe saying manasquan inlet b/c its one of the most famous breaks in nj so im not blowing up a spot, it's always supper crowded

5. CDsurf

CDsurf Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    waimea bay head

6. StickyHandz

StickyHandz Member

Oct 15, 2014
  7. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Juliap, I gotta hand it to you and Caroline Campbell for surfing up north. I would like to think I would surf cold water, but hope to never have to test that assumption :)

8. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    I'm with Betty on this one, I wish more girls surfed because they make for a mellower lineup and their surfing has an element of grace I've always admired.

We actually have a pretty large contingent of girls at my local, maybe about 6-8 regulars, not counting the dozen or so that drive out from Seattle. They'll paddle out on the smaller days but winter water temps run about 47-50. That's balls right there.

9. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    I can't believe you mentioned 'squan. Wow, well that place will be ruined now. Thanks, man.

What are you going to do next, mention Jenks, too?

I just don't understand how people find out aboot these spots. They are so off-the-beaten-path.

Jersey is totally diner-crowded.

Daeg, I'm just playing around so don't get bent.

10. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    he said squan, not MANASQUAN inlet (take brielle road off of rt 70, make a right at ocean, park then walk east).

11. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Great, now you've done it.

Well, at least most people can't find Bay Head. NJ's Off the Wall...Kodak Reef.

Nothing like capturing South Jersey pros pulling-in.

Ha, I know of some legitimate secret Jersey spots. I'm going to need a bigger boat, though. Baddy, get us a boat.

I never even heard of LBI until I came on this here place.

Now, I'm all over that place making things all crowded and stuff.

Want me to come crowd-up your favorite jetty? Just name the town and the street, and I'll come and crowd-it-all-up. Totally.

12. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Sucks you just had to watch! But thats what you get for not bringing your board. HA HA Next time!

13. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    bayhead is no different than long branch,asbury,deal,og.its just one of those in between spots.go over the bridge your in montoloking.make a right your in lavallete or something like that,go left your in bay head driving towards point.nothing special other than the rich pros that live there.rich people don't surf no moco,but they frequently show up with 12 cameramen and blow the spot up making it unsurfable due to the crowds to poor folk like me.

Manasquan is a joke.99% of the time the wave is breaking on the inside sandbar,99 people out when u can drive a quarter mile north and have the same waves with nobody out.it rarely breaks beyond the jetty,only on the biggest groundswells,and when that happens,theres another 99 people just sitting out there not surfing.and its usually closing out when it breaks beyond the jetty.

the funny part is,belmar and deal are actually 2 of the best spots we have in jersey,lol im not making that up!!and its never even crowded,unless the water is 70 degrees.iv witnessed the most perfect conditions in deal,not big but breaking perfectly.everyones at the long jetty,its better north.belmar is the same as bayhead,sand sucking drainers for those willing to get it when its on,and when its on theres only 5 people out.sure go there on a 2 ft day youll see 200 people.same with deal.

#blowinguptheblownup

14. daeggman

daeggman Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2014
    u know they're about to replenish the beach at deal, I'm really concerned

the place hasn't been touched since idk when, not even after sandy, I've seen waves peel forever there, i log it all the time

i really hope they don't destroy it

15. Gnarbutter

Gnarbutter Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Bay head? Isn't that like, the same place as point pleasant? As in like, where all the local "pros" go and their little army of kook photographers?

In other words, the place I avoid at all costs?

Really, I hate those kids.