who picked beginner

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Hawky, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Dude, have you ever been to Jersey?

Jersey is so good that Rob Kelly moved from PA to live in The Garden State with all of it's jetties. We got more jetties than any of youse. And that makes us special.

Like in Dela-where you got like three jetties.....

And in OCMD, oh come on those aren't jetties.

New Jersey is where the REAL jetties are at. You ever see the jetties at Manasquan/Jenks? Wow, those are mean looking rocks, shaped funny, too.

We even have wooden jetties....

Some times we even bury our jetties under sand. We just don't care because we have so many of them. If the North Shore was Jersey, we'd build jetties at Sunset and Pipe. Then you'd see some real waves.

2. Ripcurrent

Ripcurrent Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    There is a place good on the ec but hopefully noone tells you

3. juliaep

juliaep Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    You have to be a gold digger or kept man to surf NJ, especially if you want to live 5 minutes from your favorite break. Or at least that's what I've heard...................

4. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    gold digger is kinda like a hooker just a little smarter

5. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Smart woman.

LOLZ Sharthuffer is your hubby??

Believing everything you hear is a great practise to have, especially on here.

6. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    I am a beginner, maybe an advanced beginner, might always be. I can paddle out alone just fine, read waves, get in right position, catch waves, poor pop up, take a drop, turn at the bottom of the wave. Thigh to waist high are my comfort zone.

I think that I surf better than anyone else who has my body and started at age 60-- or at least that's what I tell myself :)

7. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014

8. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    well said mr.cheeseburger.

confidence is the key to getting barreled.it goes a long way.its all head games really.ur brain is saying don't paddle for this wave,and your confidence is like yea im going.

when nate fletcher caught that code red bomb,bruce was yelling "Noooooooooooooooooo" and koby was yelling "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and it turned it great.

9. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012

10. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    yo Cep I got a couple friends from Jersey who are super nice. We get a kick out of kidding each other about regional stuff. All in good fun. PS I'm like Capt' Kirk I like all women regardless of nationality , race or color. If dey hot dey hot!

11. Hawky

Hawky Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    I'm sure Jersey has good waves, sometimes, but the way people talk about them jetties on here makes me think that Jersey wouldn't be anything without them. IMO, obx is the greatest natural spot on the EC.

neither of those are my main breaks. I do surf there from time to time though.\

oh, you were being serious?
    well, ok then...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  12. cepriano

Apr 20, 2012
    cant argue with obx,that is the peak of eastcoast epicness.everything else is just the eastcoast.

nj would be better if we didn't have all these man made thinggys.the jettys produce surf because they adapt to the sand around them.thats why theres always a rip there,because the jetty is basically a bunch of rocks buried into the sand,standing above the water that has a high spot of sand on it and to the sides is basically a little tunnel through the sandbars that we really don't have.

its all the acoe genius engineering to try to save the million dollar houses on the shore.it destroys waves,they come back,and get destroyed again.but mother nature always has the last word.and that's why those victory at sea days before the cleanup is super beneficial to the sandbars that will come in the clean up.just moooshing that sand around.

and to explain that whole jetty thing better all u have to do is go to the beach and drop a rock before the berm where the water washes up and recedes,and u can see how a rock affects everything.

13. Hawky

Hawky Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Why do people think jetties and sand dredging do anything? You can't stop the force of the ocean. if you try, you end up with giant ugly shore break that snaps a persons neck every week, or creates rip tides that drown and kill teenagers. How about stop building houses 10 feet away from the ocean, maybe that will solve your problem.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  14. juliaep

juliaep Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Awesome!

15. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    i do it bc I love the ocean and waves...I was out there today in 18mph south onshore winds...soupiest suckiest crap for waves.why i dunno... As another member told me here just go ....the more you go the better you get.. At something..I paddled into more waves today than I have all year....still on bodyboard but I got good timing down on some swells and was able to paddle into them and feel it lift and Push me...sure EC isn't much a lot of times but it has its days and they are fun... There's gotta be some reason everyone from PA. And NJ are moving here...

16. Hawky

Hawky Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    I bodyboarded, bodysurfed, and familiarized myself with waves and the ocean for about 10 years before I started surfing.

17. Bill O'Reilly

Bill O'Reilly Active Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Matrix is on tbs right now.

Great movie.

Anyone in ocean county want to surf tomorrow morning? It's going to be small.

18. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    lol WHAT did you just say Hawk???

19. Hawky

Hawky Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Hahaha! best typo in my whole life

20. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    If you have been surfing for less than ten years you should go every time you can. It doesn't matter what it is like as long as it is able to be ridden.

You should want to go every time you can.

Don't become jaded like, Spicoli.

Oh, Yankees aren't moving to Chucktown for the waves. They move there because this place is a heroin-infested, war zone whose glory days slipped away with the eradication of American Manufacturing.