Life, man

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by FUN, Apr 23, 2015.

1. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Galileo was imprisoned by the church for suggesting a heliocentic universe.
    I could dissect all these, but why bother, as I see you rely on BS instead of facts
    you are just making sh!t up kook

2. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Link did not work. Also a couple of ones you listed lived during a time when not believing would land you in jail or dead. Not saying there is or isn't a god but kind of pointless to debate something you can't prove and must take on faith. There is no scientific proof of God's existence.

3. Socco

Socco Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2014
    yeah i made that list up and then wikipedia let me post it on their site.....Im not talking about the church I am talking about faith in the bible.....big difference.....the church is made up of people and i don't put any faith in man....you asked for a list and we gave you one and i guess that ruffled your feathers so now your just going to try to insult me cuz u got nothing else......again I don't care what you believe but if your going to assault christians with your opinions and no facts of your own you better believe at least some of the believers are going to call you out on it......P.S... Jesus Christ literally died for your sins and whoever believes this shall not perish but have eternal life......that really bothers you doesn't it? Did you ever ask yourself why does Jesus offend me so much?????

4. Socco

Socco Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2014
    I didn't say there was but the original argument was "that any thinking person recognizes the bible for what it is....nonsense" And clearly by the examples given that was an untrue statement.

5. Socco

Socco Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2014
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_thinkers_in_science

6. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    That one worked. Also you do know that anyone can edit Wikipedia links or post them right? It is crowd sourced. You said that you made up the list and Wikipedia let you post it. Not saying you did but you could. Sometimes when I'm bored at work I mess with pages just for chits and giggles.

Wayne it is not free. You ask for surfboards, most churches ask for donations. Nothing in life is free including your afterlife. Oh and more BS from Wayne, christianity is not a minority, 78.4% of all religious americans are christians.

Oh and I do think living the way Jesus did is good. Build stuff well (since he was a carpenter) and drink wine (since he turned water to wine). Everything else can be tossed.

7. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    the idea of the Christ is unreal, loving everyone as your brother is the highest ideal of mankind. Good thing, for sure

however spreading lies via a collection of goatherder myths that celebrates a
    shallow
    incestuous
    racist
    pogrom-directing demon/diety is for fools

You drank the kool-aid. there is a cure. its called thinking for yourself. if you arrived at the same conclusion as others, where you believe something you cant see, you are participating in a mass hallucination. exact opposite of thinking for yourself.

this has no bearing on my feelings/thoughts, this is just a logical assertion.

if Christ loved me so much, and you know him, you would take the hint and shush, as the grownups are giving life advice

for the record, I am such a ****, I cant even stand myself sometimes.

8. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    MIS...dude, can you help a brother out? One thing that has been getting to me for years and you seem like just the guy to answer these two questions: Why are we here and what happens after we die...like what is the meaning of life? Surely you have "thought" this through, right? ;)

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I don't have any faith in mankind, either. The main reason why people believe in "God" is because other people tell them to, and then approve of them when they do.

That's just not a good enough reason for me.

10. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    Knowledge and logic all in one solid post. Good job Scarecrow!

11. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    My point is you told MIS to bring "facts" to back up his argument yet there is not one single "fact" you can produce to prove God is real or that Jesus was his son and his dying on a cross will wash away our sins.

And what of those sins huh? Here are two places in the bible where it says that blasphemy will not be forgiven. So Cheebus died for all sins but talking smack about the holy ghost and god?

Luke 12:10
    And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

[h=3]Matthew Chapter 12[/h][SUP]31[/SUP] Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
    [SUP]32[/SUP] And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the [world] to come.

12. FUN

FUN Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    religion is a waste of time. i'll enjoy my time on this earth living in the present. i don't see the point of owing allegiance to a spaghetti monster in the sky just to ensure i'm going somewhere that MAYBE exists after i die. i'll worry about heaven or hell when i get there... IF i get there, IF, IF, IF i get there. IF it exists.

if i'm not thinking logically about this, please fill me in

13. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013

why are we here? hard to say? meaning of life? hard to say. it sure isnt to be subservient to organizations that spread lies via an ancient book that collected goatherder myths. if one needs a religion for morality because one cant determine right from wrong, one lacks EMPATHY not region.

14. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Never

15. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    YOu re oon point. Bro its like this: region is nonsense, having a deeper spiritual side is fine, just dont press your beliefs (that have no data/facts) on others.

if you are a ****, you will be upset with yourself, if you are cool, you will be cool with yourself.
    if you want to know if youve been a **** and you have 0 self reflection ability, eat a few hits of acid and ask yourself these questions

16. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    "Why are we here?"
    "What is the meaning of life?"

Who says that there needs to be some type of meaning for either of these questions?

Why is it so difficult for radical Christians to believe that there is possibly *zero* reason why humans inhabit the Earth?

Why do radical Christians feel the need to believe that "life" needs some kind of "meaning"?

Why isn't it fathomable in your realm of "thinking" that humans are just another species of animal that somehow evolved over millions of years, and are just "here"...without any rhyme or reason?

Think about it. Or, don't think about it. Just quit thinking about it on this board, PLEASE. Nobody cares.

17. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  18. Moon dog

Moon dog Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Another good thread ruined by our want to be Savior.
    Live for today tomorrow never gets here.

19. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    ^+1

20. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him.

Booker T. Washington