Hands up lets loot!!!!

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by White Castle drop knee, Apr 27, 2015.

1. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    why not?
    u conveniently avoided mine..

because capitulation = complicity.
    allowing the 1 pct's "flavor of the month" to do as they please and reward them for it in the form of
    salary/pensions/privilege is what in all actuality is disgusting and ignorant.

2. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011

3. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    gret work, yea, they serve and protect the sheet out of you

surprise, the oldest 'man' here, sucking the status quo c0ck

4. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    on point

5. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    The author is a pretty highly regarded public intellectual who has, among other things, taught writing at MIT.

6. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013

no Sledon, if the community is majority peaceful, they will deal with it themselves, no one protected or hassled that woman who took her boy off the streets

7. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    I have not avoided you. You are making this into a rich versus poor issue. Yet the people rioting are only punishing their fellow poor. Please show historical data to prove where rioting in poor neighborhoods lead to a positive change. Actually, just show where rioting in general has changed anything in this country in the last 20-30 years. Is this going to happen every time some idiot with a badge makes a mistake? Innocent people get punished and robbed, while the offending party goes through the same motions.

Making excuses for rioting does nothing to prevent this from happening again. Instead, a lot of young black men are going to spend time in jail, many small business owners are going to throw in the towel, and whole city is going to have more than just a black eye.

8. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
  9. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    i would be hard pressed to find a company willing to invest in Baltimore after this week...looking like 'Detroit East' is in the future.

10. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    Smart people sometimes say dumb emotional things. I question any intellectual that excuses violence against the innocent as a means to change things in government. It would be a little different if these people were tearing down city hall and the police station. I would also have a little more sympathy for them. Even that would seem premature, as the damn investigation into this case hasn't even been completed. Wait to see what comes of it before crying foul.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  11. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
  12. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013

yep, often times intellectuals are used to excuse really bad, downright evil ideas (eugenics, etc)

but sbx is an apologist of violence he thinks is ok

13. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I think if you were to read the article, it doesn't say that rioting is good or useful or anything like that, but that sometimes it is inevitable, and that it is disingenuous for representatives of the state, which has been engaged in violence in the community continuously, to suddenly draw a line and say "too far."

I think morality plays and hand wringing on a surfing message board aren't all that important.

14. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    tough call. to a certain extend there has been a cycle of violence and payback. The problem is that the author TRIES to paint a picture of innocent people minding their own business to be victimized by police. Unfortunately in these communities it usually half a dozen of one and 6 of the other.

15. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

While you are biased against another humans age, one thing is inescapable as well from your comment--you come from the bottom of the social or educational barrel, as did, apparently, those that brought you up.
    Good day!

16. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    O Barry

17. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    sorry couldnt hear you with old flaccid junk in your mouth

18. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

My, my...you stoop even lower!!

19. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    There are guilty parties on both sides of the fence. Unfortunately, there are also a lot of innocent bystanders. Something the author doesn't even touch on. It is convenient for someone to claim they don't condone violence, while making excuses for violence that has occurred.

20. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    by convenient, you mean hypocritical?