Hands up lets loot!!!!

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by White Castle drop knee, Apr 27, 2015.

1. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    He lost me. Also, I don't know much about AC, other than the fact that it is full of guidos and needs cleaned up, but in my area most cops don't attend any church. Baddy sounds like he has some personal issues with his local cops. I guess we are fortunate, as things aren't so bad around this area.

2. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    There is no verdict. No one knows all the facts yet, nor do they know if/how the officers involved will be charged.
    And it applies to you how? You are complaining about police, as if all cops are the same. Sorry man, they aren't all bad. I drink with a couple retired cops from time to time on the islands here. Dudes are good people, and would never harass anyone just because of race/sex/sexual orientation. The real issue is that there are some bad cops out there, and they make the rest look bad. Body cams are the best way to sort the good from the bad, IMO.

3. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    bodycams are a good start but largely symbolic if they aren't backed up with strong policies on misuse.

4. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    at the same time, the inner city communities need to be reformed as well.

5. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    Tru dat. These kids really need to stop killing each other.

6. sailquik

sailquik Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Bwahahaha!!!! Just because you lived in PR many moons ago means nothing about knowing what the hell is going on down here.

Trying to fix that problem??? Hahaha.

I was trying to stay out of this clusterf*k, but now, really, have to say something.

The PR government is the most ineffective crowd of useless political croneys that have ever been in power and there is nothing AT ALL being done to solve the crime or the financial crises.

We have had four police superintendents in four years. Corruption is rampant and the economy is in shambles. The governor and his own party (which holds the majority in the legislature) can't agree on a budget for this year. Every government bond has been reduced to junk status. Sales taxes are proposed to be raised from 7% to 16%

Why aren't we rioting? Easy:
    1) Puerto Ricans are a homogeneous bunch. We cannot blame blacks or whites because we are all a mix of races. We will, once in a while, blame Dominicans for taking our jobs - proving that people just need to find a scapegoat when things turn south.
    2) Racism (The US version) is nonexistent in PR.
    3) Cops here don't kill people. I cannot remember the last time - Cerro Maravilla in the 70's maybe? And that was politically (not racially) motivated and the cops involved went to jail after a much publicized trial.
    4) Puerto Ricans are not two generations removed from segregation.
    5) Puerto Rican income inequality is narrower than it has become in the US, the society is smaller, everybody knows everybody else and if not, the degrees of separation are many less. You are less likely to loot the business of someone you know, than a stranger's.
    6) We've been through a lot of sh1t throughout history, but we've been through it together as a society. While there are always the haves and have nots, it is such a small place that when the poor people suffer, the rich and middle class suffer as well. The pain is usually shared.
    7) We have that "Ay Bendito" mentality, always hoping thing will get better, so 1400 murders per year are excused away as people who were involved in the drug trade. I assure you, however if people started to die at the hands of the authorities, sh1t would turn south real quick.

As for Baltimore -

A) The Baltimore police is 100% guilty of having someone under their custody DIE. There is no argument about that. Last time I checked, dealing drugs, petty larceny, smoking weed, doing cocaine or having a switchblade did not result in the death penalty.

B) The looters in Baltimore are opportunists that just want to take advantage of the situation to steal stuff. They should be arrested and charged (not shot and killed like someone said).

The problem is that if your police force is not PROFESSIONAL and doesn't behave in a respectable manner, the general populace will not back them and they become impotent. They react to their impotence by buying bigger guns and Kevlar and eventually resort to violence against their own citizenry.

The solution is neither rioting nor sitting back and taking it - the solution is demanding (peacefully) a professionally trained POLICE that is capable not just of protecting the populace, but also outreaching to the community and making them feel invested in their communities and their police force.

Civil police forces need to be police forces, not armies. Just as you couldn't expect our military to maintain the peace in the middle east (the job of a police force), civil police in the US is failing their citizenry by behaving more like an army.

An army kills a foreign enemy, a police force protects it's own citizens. What's the motto of the LAPD? To Protect and Serve.

7. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    well said sir!

8. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    and your ignorance of what caused Ferguson means you have a right to purvey pithy attitudes?

all the cops here pray at the church that rapes children.
    the lawyers pray at the church that rapes bank accounts.
    together they get together and dole out available resources to those that attend their church; hatred
    to those who don't.

if i get hated on i would like to think i deserved it. when it comes with no cause; like in balt....it gets my
    back up.

the complaint - which you seem to be unaware of - is that salaries/pensions/bonuses/vacation/sick time etc.
    were DIRECTLY derived from traffic stops and resultant fines....so the money flowed to the
    connected from those that had none and you are OK w/this.

but you can't get blood from a stone so murder ensues cause the dirtbags want their money. again, OK w/this.

why did the guy in south carolina run? cause he had warrants for child support arrears and he knew he was
    going back to the can and was probably thinking if i can get away i can at least keep my job and eventually
    remove the warrant. cause thats how he lost his last job cause he got jailed for non-payment.

There is a verdict in and it IS.....the bodycount.

9. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    didn't a guy attacking a cop cause Ferguson?

10. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    ^ true

What good are cams if cops load relatively unscathed people into paddy wagons & unload them them with major injuries?

A theory being floated, & which is gaining traction, is that too many of the cops in their 20's & 30's have grown up on violent video games, violent tv, violent movies. That aspect, combined with the massive & constant over-medication of the USA genpop, esp that generation of kids coming up, has led to these guys becoming desensitized & dis-associative towards other humans, aka, you and me the taxpayers.

In other words: it's no big deal to many of them to point & shoot as well bash someone senseless for what society considers minor or no reasons.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  11. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    well here is another issue surfacing. It appears that Gray MAY have ad a pre-existing condition that caused his injury AND the arresting officer was black......

PS--still doesn't absolve them of withholding treatment though.

12. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  13. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Doesn't everybody have 'a pre-existing medical condition'....?
    Not knocking the post, just saying this sounds like official cover spin from the powers-that-be.

BTW, Balto mayor getting heavy flack for not heeding early BPD pleas for assistance. Result: dozens of buildings torched that could have been prevented with more manpower backing up BPD.

Ergo, once again, we don't elect leaders; it's not voting leaders into public office, it's a popularity contest. Most citizens don't even participate & what we end up with are posturing incompetent politicians. Case in point: Balto's mayor.

14. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    oh she's a winner but panders to the ghetto element.

Not saying its true since I don't always buy into what i 'heard on the internet' like some but Ill keep an eye on it.

15. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    I think its funny brew thinks AC is full of guidos, wonder what he doesn't know that he talks about

16. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
  17. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    Melodramatic much? You are speaking in half-truths and making things black and white. In reality, it isn't so cut and dry.

"the complaint - which you seem to be unaware of - is that salaries/pensions/bonuses/vacation/sick time etc.
    were DIRECTLY derived from traffic stops and resultant fines....so the money flowed to the
    connected from those that had none and you are OK w/this."

Please present data to prove this. Our local police are only partially funded by traffic tickets and fines. A large majority of their funding comes from tax dollars (specifically property tax for Charleston Co). Again, this isn't a black and white topic for the whole country. Every area is different.

18. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Baltimore Sun debunks this, says the pre-existing condition being cited is actually childhood lead poisoning.

19. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    well, proof that 'i heard it on the web' is rarely a good source.

20. brewengineer

Jun 22, 2011
    Half my family is from Blackwood and Cherry Hill. I used to visit AC every summer. Last time I was there was a couple years ago, and it was overrun by Jersey Shore wannabes. Granted, it was summer, and I am sure most of them weren't locals. They honestly didn't bother me as much as the "night life" on the board walk. It was really sad, because I can remember visiting AC as a kid, and the place was fairly safe and clean. Don't you live in Hawaii, MIS? How long has it been since you have been back to Jersey?