Move to CA... Reasons not to?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by rippinNtearin, May 18, 2015.

1. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    I surfed alone Sunday & Monday. well not alone. Two dolphins and a seal were crowding my peak...

I didn't have to pay for parking, or sit in traffic. I had in-n-out for lunch. and I'm heading to Saint Archer for a beer after work today.

2. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    ...but he water south of the boarder smells like **** because raw sewage drains right into the ocean from pipes in the cliffs. Don't know how I never got hepatitis there.

3. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    yeah, I didn't mention that on purpose. But ya gotta admit, the smell of Mexican raw sewage pouring out into the lineup only a few KM away, mixed with the odor of burning Mexican trash, and maybe the scent of the local fish taco truck makes for some fantastic sessions.

WB, ever surf the Pemex jetty? Man, do I have some stories about that place. You can always surf it alone...but do you really want to?

4. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    So are you a pvssy or a liar?

5. waterbaby

Oct 1, 2012
    no, but I've surfed just about every other spot from Rosarito to Ensenada...good waves, but all disgusting.

6. Speed Bump

Speed Bump Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Just go. If you're thinking about it, go. I don't know of any CA surfers who are sitting around contemplating moving to the EC because it's crowded, expensive, whatever.

There are plenty of non-surfers who move away for those reasons, I'm sure, but I've never talked to one guy who was like "brah, that was a killer sesh, but my mortgage is killing me, so I'm dreaming of rocking a desk job in Maryland and driving for an hour to go chop hopping in onshore ankle biters. Dude, I can't wait to own a little house in the suburbs and only get good surf when I take a couple of trips to PR every year!"

7. waterbaby

Oct 1, 2012
    I moved to CA from the EC decades ago. Mostly because of the ridiculous surf consistency, but almost as much because my aunt already lived 5 min from the beach there and offered me a room until I got established...pretty much an "easy" button.

8. M.R.gnar28

M.R.gnar28 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Nail on head. Not a life I'm interested in living

9. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Nice...

Is your aunt single? j/k

10. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    If it were me i would go to Santa Cruz or somewhere slightly North or South of there.

11. wik

wik Active Member

Apr 26, 2007
    West is best. if your single, you have no excuse. leave now.

12. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    im neither you punk ass white boy come down here transplant yankee. ill whip ya.

13. ClemsonSurf

Dec 10, 2007
    You confuse me. I thought you were white too.

This isn't how it works though. I called you a troll then you said you'd surf with me any time. I offered Sunday and then you got all racist on me. I happen to know that your boy rcarter is white too. Does that change things for you? I know you two are yankee's lackies so you're not in a position to say much. Just hope this doesn't change anything in your triangle.

I know there are a couple other white folk on this forum so, ya know.... Ixnay on the ascistray.

14. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    ^^^^
    why you exist is anyone's guess, asspon clemmie - - it would appear that all you do is troll treads. You're not funny, nor clever, not factual, nor much of anything.

15. ClemsonSurf

Dec 10, 2007
    yankee, you got funds right? Come down to folly beach. Sandblasters decided he was scared so let's push it back to next weekend so the two of you can come.

yankee, meet me a my break

Ps sandblasters called me a yankee. Did that hurt your feelings? Is rcarter your #1 guy now? You know he wants to vacay with you right?

16. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    You're devolving, chrome dome.

You're a tread jacker; you post personal attacks, and then people like Blasters respond & you go all passive-aggro with your sheep-like bleeting; you're just a punk ass bored white male with no hair on your head & no clue in your mini-mind.

17. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Another topical tread, 'jacked by chrome dome clemmie aka the original douche canoe.

18. ClemsonSurf

Dec 10, 2007
    Still don't understand the white guy stuff. Is that bad?

19. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    tread jackin' narcissist pale chrome dome......of course you don't understand, missy

20. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Mike I meant rocking baggies out of the water, during the day in East Bay. Perf weather on the reg. Sun is strong in Feb.