but it cant happen on EC, right?

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI, May 19, 2015.

1. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Barry is like the old uncle at family reunions that everyone avoids like the plague.

"Oh man, your uncle Barry is going to be there? I HATE talking to him..."

"Look I know he's annoying and tedious but he's old and he's family so you'll just have to deal with it. Just do it for five minutes and then I'll come by with an excuse and you can get away."

"Ok but only five minutes, promise?"

"Promise. If we all just spend five minutes talking to him then we can keep him occupied and none of us will get stuck having to hear him drone on and on. Besides he's old and may not be around much longer, so we need to be nice."

"ok but you owe me for this..."

2. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    HAHAHAHAHA tlok!

You fockers have a great day!

3. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    I can't tell if Barry is a condescending prick or just socially retard........to each his own.<grin>

Riley dude,not trying to tell ya what to listen to but don't ya get sick of hearing the same 25 classic rock songs over and over and over...
    I'd be happy to never hear Zep, Boston, Journey(Hate so much I want to punch babies when I hear that D-Bag sing),Rush or any other band with a singer that sounds like a total P*uss. Not that these bands didn't have some talent just singers with prepubescence voices always annoyed me. Personally I like a variety of music punk to classical which is sorely missing from todays' airwaves.

spill baby spill

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  4. Tlokein

Oct 12, 2012
    Thanks bro you too!

5. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    My last trip into the circle was a Pennywise show at Sunfest in downtown West Palm Beach. Maybe 5 years ago. I decided I was getting too old to play with the kiddies anymore. I really did not want to hurt anyone or get hurt. That is a really bad attitude to have in a mosh pit. I did my tai chi stuff, sending people on their way with little force, just using their own momentum to send them flying. It was on grass so it was kind of lame. The end.

Oh, Zep and Black Sabbath still rule. Journey and all those bands with singers that sound like their junk got caught in their zippers suck. (Except Robert Plant, for some reason he doesn't sound all fem).

6. Tlokein

Oct 12, 2012
    Agreed on all counts, Nostradoggus. Esp. about Journey.

We hired a cab\van to take us to a Clutch show once. Dunno where the dude was from and he spoke barely any engrish (shocking, right?) but he was obsessed with Journey and sang it the whole way. It was funny at first. Later when he picked us up he pulls up with Journey blasting and singing his head off. We had to burst his bubble on the ride home though.

7. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    lol good to see u like the old rock/metal whatever u call it.i was never into punk music,i was brainwashed to be a metal head so I couldn't jump ship.i probably knew the lyrics to every ozzy song before I was 5.led zeppelin gets no play in my house lol,but they are good,just not that heavy.i been to every ozzfest since 98 to probably 03-04,when they moved from the garden state center to Camden,my family wasn't making the trip.

anyway,ozzy/Sabbath,judas priest,metallica,motorhead,megadeth,iron maiden was common in my household growing up.cant really think of anyone else.then I started mellowing out to alice in chains,stone temple pilots,soundgarden,pink Floyd,pearl jam,mostly all the 90s stuff,i know pink Floyd isn't from the 90s.

I remember the first time I went to the ozzfest,I was a young teen, and I got a free demo cd,dont remember who it was but they hand those things out like rubbers,some guy and his hot azz wife came up to me and the guys like my wife will show u her tits if u give us that cd.true story lol.it was awesome,good memories lol

8. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    thinking of the ozzfest just reminded me of this one time I borrowed my brothers bong the day after ozzfest where he bought it at,a nice little piece,nothing big or fancy,and we were partying in my boys car(back in the day u could do that).anyway next day my bros flipping out I don't have his bong and couldn't remember what we did,so we went to the car lol

true story,the passenger side door was still open,and on the seat was the bong sitting shotgun next to one of those 2 gallon cheesy puffs bag half eaten.the craziest part is nobody robbed the car with the door open.it was the funniest site u could ever witness,like wow stoners are really fukin stupid!!!

the bong made it home safely

9. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I can't speak for everybody but for me personally, I was interested in Punk Rock as a wee fella back in the 80's before I skate boarded or surfed. I didn't get interested in it for any other reason than the fact that I just loved the music.

I went through a phase where that's all I listened to. I was obsessed with it to the point where I was looking for every band that existed in that genre to find out if I liked them or not. Before you knew it I owned over a hundred CD's and attended over a hundred live shows.

Then I hit my 20's and started to lose my desire to chase every show or buy every CD and began opening my mind to other music. Today i'm into all sorts of music. Reggae especially but old school rap and hip hop is right up there too. This new sh*t is terrible for the most part. I can't listen to the radio, it irritates me. I have to plug in Pandora or pop in one of my CD's to hear something worth a sh*t.

I guess you'd say I wore the uniform for a while, but that was in middle school / high school. As an adult I don't fit any stereo types honestly. I probably confuse the hell out of people. I consider myself well rounded now. I like Zeppelin, Sabbath, Pink Floyd, etc., just depends on my mood these days honestly.

I don't consider myself a Punk (anymore). I consider myself an individual, a very different and complex one at that. My 18 year old self would probably laugh at my 34 year old self. But i'd kick my 18 year old self's ass, well maybe, I was pretty scrappy back then, but i'm more wise and experienced these days. I'd love to go back in time and find out.

I told my Dad when I was a kid that I would only listen to Punk for the rest of my life. My Dad told me that my styles would change with time and to be open mind. I laughed at him. Years later he was right, as he was about a lot of things that I argued then. Funny how that works. Pops knew a few things, but I rarely let him know that, goes right to his head! HAHA

Anyways, good talk fellas.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  10. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    To its their own...

11. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

Who says one can't enjoy both? Not I:cool:

12. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Finally, a funny post!! Good one, tlok!
    I am glad you can dish it out as well as take it.
    As for Riley.......

13. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
  14. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I would sport that sticker on my ride.

right now my bumper sticker is 4 strategically placed pieces of black electrical tape.

Fu(k you Riley...

I am an Old Punk Rocker. That's not all I listen to but... I was in a mosh pit last year @ 50 years Old. Fuzz Fest in Greensboro, NC. It was Hilarious. A bunch of Noise Bands for the most part. Tons of Hipsters. A band started playing "Six Pack" and A hipster circle started moshing. I stage dove into them and they freaked out. Good Times.

Hey, Riley...

I was in a bunch of Punk bands in college... See? So I am an old Punk Rocker.
    No more Mohawk
    But I partied with a lot of punk and speed metal bands. Me and Joey Belladonna from Anthrax were pretty tight in the 80's

So Riley... Fu(k you...

The Crunge is the Only Good Zep Song, Riley... We've discussed this before...

Hey Riley, Yeah I LIKE Devo, too.

Riley told me I need to mess with somebody to get internet cred...

15. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Word Screwbs, I likey dat one.

As far as these oil spills, I say crucify the executives of the company at fault on the beaches that they've ruined, let the seagulls feed upon their still living flesh, and the hemit crabs nibble at their toes, whilst they contemplate their transgressions against our noble mother, and humanity at large. Leave the skeletons to serve as a reminder to future generations.

16. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    One last thought before I actually work...Oyster mushrooms can detoxify oil, and colonize oil soaked hair...look into the work of Paul Stamets, specifically what's discussed in Mycelium Running...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    I completely agree, I feel like we are behind the times here on the EC. But we are catching up though with Engineered Beaches, Sonar Testing with drilling to follow we are on our way!

I can't wait, in about 20 years there will be a skyline of Turbines and Rigs out front while standing on a giant fake dune with a desert of beach to run on to get to the shore-pound breaking surf!

I am proud to be a modern day human…keep it up Federal Govt!

18. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Lazy, Journey's has some classic stand the test of times tunes. Steve Perrry is adorable. Hey did you like "Oh Sherry"

Well, practically every Zep song is decent to fantastic so you just switch-up songs ever once in a while.

I actually don't listen to music much anymore since my road banning. Well, I do at work. The radio. You know the FM dials. And Cadburry has Howard Stern on in his ride 24-7

Crewsby on CBS, I will warn you that I can fight music. Some might find this strange, but when I was living in California in grade school - Maple Avenue Grammar School, with The Beav - we were segregated by musical preferences.

We had the Hessians(metal dudes), New Wavers(fems who thought they were tuff with gay haircuts and pink Izod shirts), and The punkers.

We almost had some suburban elementary school gang fight one day.

So I am trained to fight music.

And....

The Hessians rule.

Devo...Oh come on man a few dorks wearing flower pots on their heads, cracker please........

19. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    And Barry...

Again you aren't being Pacific.....

"And aboot Riley........."

Yeah, don't leave me hanging. What aboot me? I'm Curious George to know.

Cep, I applaud your musical selections. And thankfully Tolken Black knows what's up.

Hey bring on some Kanye fans. I'm testy and feisty today.

If you don't like what I like then your are inferior.

20. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    as a fellow dog, I have to say snoop is da shizzle