Lunada Bay

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by seldom seen, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Wow, Am I living in Bizzaro World! So using a concealed video camera and running to the police is now how you act llke a man? Meanwhile the guys who are disrespecting you to your face are the ones being ridiculed!?!

What in the hell is going on here, even my man Riles isn't up in arms with this thread.

Where am I anymore? Where have all the real men in tight rubber suites with big ballz gone?

2. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    WcoastSpicoli was the 3rd guy in the video. He's the only person to ever show up at a new break and instantly become the Alpha.

3. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I am confused about going to cops part of that video. So some guys told you to go away, are the cops now supposed to call in the SWAT team or something? And yeah the facebook comment was awful.

4. Speed Bump

Speed Bump Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    ^^^ This.

Everybody in LA and SD know where Lunada Bay is--it sticks out like a sore thumb, which is why it has to be regulated. It's not like **tt** **m* or *r**** that are difficult to find/access and/or hard to time to the right conditions.

Just being a spoiled rotten trust fund baby does not make you wrong in all things.

5. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Barry, I hope I don't offend ya, but I am going to wear a pair of gold speedos for this event!

6. live4truth

live4truth Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2007
    I think there are a few issues to consider--regulating a break does not include entitlement. It is just providing good social/etiquette boundaries. Every break should have some form of "regulating"--either passively (better surfers getting more waves) or actively (through conversation, encouragement--a hoot, etc.). Localism is a form of entitlement in my opinion...and in this case is a bit over the top. Seems like the guys are just sitting on the beach--and getting harassed--no one knows their ability--they're ostracized regardless. If they paddled out...back paddled, snaked, dropped in on people, missed waves, I get "regulating" the break and encouraging them to go in...however, without even an opportunity to jump in...pretty lame in my opinion.

Further, how would you respond to this analogy...

Hey Sniffer you kook...I see you joined in 2010...you haven't been here nearly as long as I have and you should stop posting on this forum. We have enough internet tough guys on this forum as is...you are one too many. But if you are going to post...stay off my threads or in the non-surf related area until you have been here for a certain amount of time (or garner a following with other tough guys).

How would you respond? Serious question...

7. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    L4T, listening to some of the guys comments on the video, I seriously think I would have started laughing. Escpecially the one guy who says something about having a good day now the dude is leaving. Don't think I would have immedialetly gone verbal with them, but if they kept on, I would fire some comments back. I woudl still go surf

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  8. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Also, L4T...to add to your words on regulation...I believe in cleaning up a break, even one piece of trash per visit, and shaming people who leave their detritus behind...that's another form or propre regulation imho.

9. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    This localism stuff cracks me up, I just dare someone to try and prevent me from paddling out

10. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    WWF?

Hahaha ... thanks for the laugh Manisses. Everybody knows that when Spicoli shows up, it's time to bow down to the new pack leader. Otherwise there might be some Alpha-bro beatdowns.

I was gonna say, I would like to watch DPSUP roll up at Lunada. FL haymakers vs. Cali richboys... would definitely be interesting. When you go, you should bring Yankee and Shred. You guys would take that place over in no time.

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Nah man, I'm not interested in taking anything over. I just don't put up with sh*t from anybody. I'm a peaceful dude, who doesn't go out looking for trouble, but if someone starts something I'm more than happy to finish it. That's all i'm saying. Bullies deserve beat downs. Feel me?

12. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So a couple of douche bags secretly videoed another couple a douche bags being douche bags and the original douche bags went to the cops who also happen to be douche bags and the douche bag cops said" What are you gonna do? Douche bags will be douche bags.".

who am i supposed to feel sorry for here?

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    ^ Boom!

14. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    I would say your are an idiot because you don't comprehend very well. I certainly wouldn't record your voice and go to the cops. I would probably give you one good shot, one good chance to prove what you are made of.

Then we would have a real reason to fight.

You are a fellow south jersian so we would probably end up being friends in the end. You see this is how real men take care of conflicts. Not running to the cops with your GoPro.

15. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    pj hit the nail on the head
    metard was on point

dsup, I get it, taking **** sucks. but showing up some where you arent welcome is akin to giving someone ****

if you rolled up to a random bonfire party in the woods and people told you to leave, would you insist on your right to be there?

if people were playing a game of basketball and you started playing HORSE on the same court, who's the @$$hole?

if I had a picnic table at a park with my family picnic and you came and started shmoozing around, Id tell you to fock off and only a bully/jerkoff would try and justify their presence.

surfing isnt a group hug as has been said many times. sometimes you dont get to sit at the big boy table. now take a seat at the ironing board for thanksgiving and eat/enjoy the dark meat scraps

16. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    This is a good thread. Live Aloha started it.

17. live aloha

live aloha Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Just to be clear, I would never go to the cops unless I felt my life was in danger. My worst localism experience happened in Central CA. This guy dropped in on me at a not-secret-at-all left point and got all bent out of shape because "I should have known he was higher in the pecking order." Yes, this idiot actually said that with a straight face after dropping in on me. He wasn't a good surfer either, maybe a little better than me at that point in time, but I had just started surfing, so that doesn't say much. Anyhow, I told him to "f*** off, and he paddled in all ego-hurt or whatever. The next time I paddled out at the same spot (I lived a few blocks away and could check the place with binoculars, so I surfed there every time it broke), I noticed some jackwagon rummaging through my truck. This kook stole EVERYTHING, down to the pennies from the change dish and my coveted wrestling t-shirt from when I competed at national's. I had no way of proving he was the guy, but I knew it from the way he looked at me the next time I saw him in the lineup. Smug little rich a**clown, but I couldn't do anything because I was in the Navy at the time and would have gotten in big trouble for making a scene in public. Anyhow, that's a little background on why I hate trust fund babies who never grew up. Give me real tough-guy locals at Makaha any day. At least they charge big waves and give credit where it's due. But I'd rather go back to the Mid-Atlantic that live in CA and put up with kook 'locals'.

18. live aloha

live aloha Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Haha, thanks. I'm enjoying it!

19. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Offend me?? Hell no!! What do you think I wear now??!!??

20. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Would be glad to give a respectable answer, but frankly, I do not understand the question.
    Please rephrase for an old guy.