Canadian takeover :(((((.....

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by White Castle drop knee, Jun 3, 2015.

1. White Castle drop knee

White Castle drop knee Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    I'm all set

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    woah woah woah... Whats so wrong about White Oakleys????????

3. punkaboy

punkaboy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Been Going On For Years...

[video=youtube;44bT3S3Rx5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44bT3S3Rx5I[/video]

4. The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII

The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Francois and the gang back at Rye, eh?

Those dudes are broing down on Waldens and snagging everything by the ****e pipe. Its a weekend thing.

They're actually not bad guys compared to the cocks like me that surf there.

5. White Castle drop knee

White Castle drop knee Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    You are right uncle 2 balls they are nice humans but terrible surfers . Stick to hockey or tournament snowball fights .

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

All this is true.
    But guys.....you should have seen the blond that was with a small group of them this past weekend. Stunning!!! So.....come on down!!! Welcome to America!!

7. HomesteadSurf

HomesteadSurf Member

Nov 3, 2011

This is incredible insight. Francois is the man and his friends are pretty cool as well.

As for the takeover, yeah it sucks. I find it's the younger generation out of the north that is the basis of most complaints. They somehow know all the spots and free parking spaces.

Whatever happened to the unwritten rule about surfing the reefs and points? I thought there was some agreement between the northern elders and locals about how they're free to surf the beaches but had to be invited out to the reefs and points by a local.

8. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    fthat. they're dix with bics

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

There are no rules in surfing. The "etiquette" is long gone. It is now a "free-for-all". The "enforcers" are all pushing walkers, if their drug habits did not kill them first. Just paddle up to the peak and yell "My wave!!". It is "the new way", perfectly acceptable. Canadians are not the problem the source of the problem is the company that makes the wetsuit you are wearing, those "cool" shades, ,i.e., the marketing of the sport. Money talks, bull**** walks philosophy. Your beachside towns advertise using surfing pictures to attract all comers.
    A slow disintegration of a once worthy activity.

10. HomesteadSurf

HomesteadSurf Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Very noteworthy

11. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Make them unwelcomme.

New England solidarity.

12. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I have the opposite approach- I welcome them. One cannot fight the tide. We can still find quiet mornings by ourselves. I have always been an early riser; it has been my lifelong advantage in both surfing and career. Works for me.

13. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    The early barry gets the wourm!

14. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    The strip clubs in Montreal are ok. I don't mind Canucks.

15. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    The Canuck you speak of is actually a referred to as Quebecois, or French speaking Canadian. More commonly know as "Frenchie" or the plural form "Frenchies",almost always from Montreal or Quebec city.. They love surfing, travel in packs, and are more on it than you would think. There is also a big re-birth of the separatist movement here in Canada, so although they love the Canadian passport and all that goes with it, most when questioned would like to break up our fair country..Especially those heralding from the Quebec city and eastern townships. Quebec'er would be more appropriate than Canuck.. The accent is kinda classic though.. So enforce and educate or be taken over.... Eh..

16. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    God bless you up there. I've experienced French Canadians here in the summer but not to that extent. The few I've encountered make me want to shoot my brains out. They are rude. They can't drive and they think they own the place. I drop in on them even when they are at the peak. If they drop in on me, I just go around them or push the down off their NSP. It's actually fun.

I love the French but despise French Canadians.

17. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Yes I.. To the power of 10..

18. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    On one of my trips a couple years ago in Nova Scotia I met a Canuk and his girlfriend. We were staying in the same guest house. He kinda sucked, but loved surfing, and they were good people. We went out one night in Halifax bar hopped up and down Argyle Street, listening to great traditional Celtic music and drinking local beers. He got pretty tight and decided to pick up one of those huge, old wooden keg barrels and put it on his shoulder and walked down the street with it. It must have weighed 500lbs... the dude was jacked.

Anyway... on the day he left town, I watched him but his 9'+ NSP into the back of his little Subaru, slam the hatch down, and drive the nose of his board straight through his windshield.

Good times... good times.

19. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    That made me laugh. I've always wanted to surf up there. How is Novia Scotia by the way? The nightlife sounds fun. Is the surfing really good?

20. salzsurf

salzsurf Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I just wish we treated our friends from the north with the same level of hostility as our friends from the south, if not more so.