Mary Lee???

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Mr.Belmar, Jun 14, 2015.

1. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    On that note if u do see one in about waist high water do you run like crazy to shore walk slowly paddle on your board or stand still... As splashing tends to excite them I'm thinking walk calmly I know that be hard to do...

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    ^^I think I'd try to get as much of my body up onto my board as possible --this is the one time I'd prefer my longboard over my bodyboard, haha-- and just float there quietly until the shark was gone.

Trouble is, the water tends to be murky here and you probably wouldn't see it coming.

3. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    ACTUALLY- I have heard that sharks can smell fear like a dog. So apparently the best thing to do is gentle turn your board toward the shore and slowly paddle in, while humming 'dobey dobey do' to yourself... Just ask our man Gruvi

4. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Well toward the end of Friday's session while paddlin in I swear I was getting nowhere fast I had this guy throwin the football as a marker near shore and I never seemed to get close to him he kept lookin at me like how come ur not goin anywhere. Lol

5. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Gruvi had a run in with a shark? Wonder where he's been and if he's enjoying the board I sold him....

6. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    not sharks. It was actually sardines.

You sold him a board? Did he buy you pizza? Lol

7. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Well he did offer to buy one...he's a real dude I sold him View attachment 15903 I sold him that open seas board earlier this year said he was just learning though...hmm if he posted here back in 2011 he's been learning for 3 yrs??

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  8. Recycled Surfer

Recycled Surfer Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Couldn't agree more. Crack Pot Conservationists & Tree Huggers seem to be running the world lately. I saw an article that Great Whites are reproducing at an alarming rate and the numbers are believed to be far surpassing what was predicted.

9. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  10. crindlefish

crindlefish Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2015
    I say we hire people to go around and put condoms on all the great whites before mating season. That'll keep them in check for sure.

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Great solution!! Additionally, make it a government program and assign those duties to recipients of Welfare, Food stamps, and Unemployment checks. Sure fire way to reduce entitlement program costs!!
    Get free samples from Trojan company.....

12. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Bring snacks when you go surfing, sharks love snacks! If they come near you and they are angry, offer them some snacks and all is good!

13. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I heard they love Slim Jims and Twinkies.

14. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    whem does shark season end this year?

15. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

When the first school bell rings in Aug/Sept. They hear it and go away....

16. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  17. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    the gov't could also introduce crack into the great white communities too.

18. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Or AIDS. That would be even mo betta.

19. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    They are? I must live in a different world. Yeah, tree huggers have all that political clout and endless pockets.

Oh those poor big corporations they're losing all of their power, huh?

Do you guys know that there are only a few hundred whites cruising off of the Central/Northern California coast. That's it. They get a lot of respect for their small numbers, no? The big California shark scare is the result of only a few hundred of 'em.

And sharks should be reproducing quickly. Hell, its their ocean not ours. They belong there we don't.