Mary Lee???

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Mr.Belmar, Jun 14, 2015.

1. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Why do you think it is odd that people want to save an apex predator that helps keep the delicate food chain working? People fight to save bees and all sorts of other non mammals. Every time I hear a surfer say they think it's stupid that people want to save sharks I can't help but think they are just afraid of them. Would you care that people want to save sharks if they did not attack humans?

2. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    They are needed as part of the food chain I agree it's the saving part that is in question I mean just look at the recent sightings catches etc they just don't seem really endangered to me... Anytime you mess with Mother Nature it messes back with a vengeance imo the limits put on sharks catches have allowed some of the species to thrive and even possibly overpopulate this the scrambling for food and daring shallow water entries that didn't occur much in the past(based on my experiences only) endangered is like an3 toed sloth in Malaysia or something where's there like 17 not when I toss out a cut fish and reel in many types of whatever shark u want... I just can't keep it and have to throw it back..... Am I scared of them I dunno I am a bit more cautious in the water than I was before but the probing question deals with kids and what do you tell them or decide if they should enter the water and how deep and when or if ? I mean think of the guilt if something were to happen and you said it was ok? I've always left it as its a chance and so is most everything in life you look at the odds , try to increase them and then do it..
    Survey the beach
    Look for fishermen
    Look for park boats who may be chumming
    Steer clear of piers with lots of fishermen
    Avoid baitfish schools if seagulls bring notice to one around
    Time your ride to dropping low tide or just turning .. Avoid mid high or full high if possible
    Avoid dawn and dusk
    No jewelry
    Don't go alone
    That's about all u can do
    Honestly I haven't followed these .....in past I've go out near the pier by myself with jewelry(necklace) at full high tide in the evening at full moon even...if ur number up its up and not much you can do imo

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015

3. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    No one is saying kill all sharks. Even if man tried to exterminate all sharks we couldn't. But thinning out the numbers near shore is a smart move with out doing any damage at all to the food chain.

4. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
  5. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    So by that logic I have seen a lot of homeless guys and gals at the exit ramp by my office lately. Is it cool if we just go start shooting them dead in the streets? It won't hurt the food chain none plus it will improve the scenery.

6. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Omg I can hear it now on next presidential election debate on TV " prospective idiot candidate" if you are elected president what exactly will you do about Americas shark problem along our coasts...manned dhs guards preventing entry into water???? View attachment 15920

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  7. MFitz73

Aug 21, 2010
    Giuliani did it.

8. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    i am pretty disappointed that no one on this forum has mentioned how hot that paramedic was in the pink bikini.

9. MFitz73

Aug 21, 2010
    Link.

10. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

There it is--my laugh for the day!!
    Good one, liam!!

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

The "scientists" that reported that, if they were scientist even, misunderstand evolution.

12. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Yup. That's not really how it works.

13. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Maybe evolve was the wrong word, idk, don't care, but I think you get the point. Adapt maybe?

14. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Could just be a result of random mutation, combined with a lack of natural selection, which would be evolution. But that is not likely. Without natural selection, you are just left with an abundance of random mutations. That means some of the jellies would still have stingers, while others would not.

15. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    Okay you got me there :D

16. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

What DawnPSUP presented was Lamarckian in nature. You know, if the giraffe stretch, his neck would elongate and then pass those "acquired characteristics" on to progeny. Evolution is a story of "reproductive success" more than anything else. Yes, perhaps a mutation occurred deleting stingers, but for some reason that isolated species reproduced more successfully into a more favorable environment as compared to stingered jellies, etc. Chance and contingency play greatly in the story.

17. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

well done cep.

18. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Definitely not afraid of them. I think attacks happen because they think we are something else. I just think it's crazy that people start going crazy to defend sharks after attacks. People don't even bother to show compassion for the kids who get bitten. I know we are entering there territory but humans are a weird bunch these days. I especially love they wack jobs who act like their dogs are their kids. They dress them up like humans. Send cards and have their dog sign it. These people are retarded especially when they compare taking care of a dog to kids. That is funny ****.

19. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    So lets get to the real root of this problem.

Liam, were you neglected as a child while you watched your ma and pa coddle a fur retriever? You seem to have a thing against animals - a jealousy.

Like, " Why do people like these animals and no one hugs me?"

Who is going "crazy" aboot protecting sharks? No one on here. I haven't seen any examples of the insane going all ku koo bananas over the sharks.

Some people will go, they'll be all, " We must protect these sharks" after an attack because humans tend to go on a mission to kill the shark perpetrator. Haven't you seen jaws?

But you seem to be very jealous of sharks and the love they get from other humans.

And of course there's no comparison between dogs and people. Dogs are much better than kids. No, really they are. They don't care aboot money or materials and they'd always throw you a joint if they could. People, however, are mean, selfish and nasty. They ax you to put money on their books and then when they get out you ax them a simple favor and you get denied. I always look out for people but they always look the other way. Dogs always look.

Most people who dress-up their pups just do it for some special occasion. I don't know of any people who daily dress their dogs in Armani.

Taking care of dogs is harder than kids. Yeah dogs don't walk upright and don't have arms, but they can't speak. Like, kids can tell you what they just swallowed. With dogs they can't tell you and you have to go, you have to be all, " hey, commere, gotta open your mouth and stick my fingers in there and get whatever foreign object is in the mouth."

And the dog don't want no one in their mouths. So yeah it gets hectic.

Liam you have always been a nice boy on here to me and PJB, and I am worried aboot your self-esteem regarding your jealousy over animals.

I'm here if you need to talk.