6th attack today at KOA in Rodanthe - wtf??

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Wahoowa, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Wahoowa

Wahoowa Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
  2. HARDCOREBOOGIEBOARDER-NJ

HARDCOREBOOGIEBOARDER-NJ Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2015
    My blood is boiling at this ****.

North Carolina = new reunion island?

Shaking my head. Really disgusting.

1)Ban chumming waters/throwing fish guts in near shore waters(PIERS!) The scent travels for miles and brings sharks in. COMMON SENSE.

2) Start increasing fishing for bull sharks and some tigers too, but mostly bull. That's who's responsible for all these attacks. THEY ARE NOT ENDANGERED. They've NEVER been endangered and their numbers are exploding.

HOLY GOD....Enough of this "it's their environment crap". It's also the tuna's environment. And your house is on the rat's environment. Only humans make rats out to be less important than sharks.

"With the recent shark attacks on the minds of beach goers, business owners said their shops and motels have not been affected."

YET.....If this keeps up, it will devastate the beach economy just like in renunion island. A few shark tourism boats with cages(which probably increase chance of attacks since it associates humans with food) won't make up for millions in visitors to the beach.

Ok I'm done posting now...this place is like crack everyime I come for the forecast.

3. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    it's from all the boogers on their period

4. The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII

The Incorrigible Steel Burrito VII Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Im actually with the hardcore boogie dude, whose hello thread i do not recall.

I don't know ****e about sharks. I respect the ocean. But sharks and spiders.... Im willing to roll the dice and see how the ecosystem plays out without them. We are already rolling the dice to see how the ecosystem will play out without humans...

Kidding aside, shark nets anyone?

5. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
  6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Shark is attacking youth only!!
    Pedophile shark??

7. GODSxMOONBEAN

GODSxMOONBEAN Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2014
    Obvious shark hunter is obvious. Hey I do agree with you on the banning chumming part, but I'm not really a cull guy.

8. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    But it's their environment.

<grin>

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I don't think shark nets are a possibility here, because of nesting sea turtles that need to come ashore in the summer.

I'd love to see fishing and chumming, etc. banned but that will never happen either, I'm sure.

I was a bit nervous about paddling out since the attacks, to be honest. But there was some 4' windswell this morning, and I got over the fear fast.

The attacks haven't kept people away from the beaches here, unfortunately. It seems to be keeping most of them out of the water, but they're still here.

10. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Losing spiders would probably have a bigger negative impact.

11. GODSxMOONBEAN

GODSxMOONBEAN Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2014
    When you go into the water you're entering their home *grins maliciously*

12. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Just out of curiosity how's the water clarity up there? I know the crystal coast can have it's days but for the most part it's pretty brown right?

13. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    ^^The water is almost always murky here.

14. whiskey

whiskey Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2011
    We need to start eating some sharks. Not just the fins, maybe pet food. We reduce their food supply so they are hungry. If you soak out the ammonia with milk, shark (besides mako) is supposed to be ok.

15. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

And if you then leave a bit of the milk in it---kitties will love it!!
    Quick!! Start a business!!

16. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Fishertools chumming off a pier while hundreds of bathers, swimmers & surfers are in the ocean nearby.

Round up the usual suspects.

17. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    not going to lie ive surfed 5 time the past 3 days and its felt really sharks at times.. this is going to be the worst summer on record. i can feel it. be xtra careful yall. i saw the shadow of either a huge school of fish today or a shark and it didnt look like fish.

18. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Agree with Blasters. Sharky as hell out there. Last wknd had to endure a good-sized dorsal cruising between me & the beach at AI.

Today, I was getting back on my board after a ride & I inadvertently kicked something big & fishy in the mid-section - - da fukkk! It gave way, writhed & hit me with a tail as it swam away. But dang, that thing whatever it was, was immediately below my board, maybe 3' under my board, in 6 feet of water. What was it doing there, underneath my board?

I have no answers. It's def sketchy as hades out there & we're pulling legs & hands up as 'the feeling' passes by.

19. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    after surfing south carolina for a couple years (folly, iop and pawleys), I now get pretty freaked out every time I surf in muddy water...for some reason, sharks love cruising around in that sh!t. Just swimming in muddy water would be 100X worse.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  20. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    my fins have been getting that bump if you know what i mean and its happened 3 times and only happens when there cannonball jelly fish and there as been none around lately. i dnt think its mullet either because i haven't seen any in the shallows but there are a **** tone of small bait fish in the water right now they're coming into feed. there was two attack on the island next to mine this month there will be one here...hope its not me. AI when ive surfed out there never seemed sharky but i think it has hella potential. didnt those dumb ass fishermen get attacked last year fkn with a shark happen like twice in a week.