The Moaning Chair

Discussion in 'Global Surf Talk' started by Roy Stuart, Jun 26, 2015.

1. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    THIS is HOF Plat, right here.

2. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Aw, jeez, picking more fights is your gig....such a squabbling, irritable little child is Miss Thing. Throw in judgmental, too; when is the last time you posted anything that wasn't sniping at another Swellie?

And stop trying to hijack yet another tread, good lawd, doesn't it ever get really old & really boring being you?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015

3. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I love my anger issues Riley. They keep me warm at night :eek: Careful with that Colombina Tan man, get you soem Red Lebanese or Black Nepalese.

4. White Sea Ape

White Sea Ape Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2013
    The Rocker chat was nice. Your hound is nice. you're blue eyes are nice. seeing some video footage of the whole big wave chat will be nice too.

5. Morher Snaker

Morher Snaker Member

May 6, 2010
    Man I saw the title and was hoping this would be about some good ol fashioned xxx! Boy was I let down...

6. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    honestly boys, face it, out of EVERYONE on the forum, Roy is the most famous, most developed and has contributed the most to the surf world. the rest of us just take and latch on and hope for a good ride.

despite his misanthropy, arrogance, and narcissism, he brings the most to the table. it pains me to admit it, but its the truth.

now don't get a big head Roy, you are still a raging khunt, but I can appreciate what you do even if it isnt my style. Once I get constipated and need a helmet, then we will be more copacetic

and yank, you are still a bitter pissant with nothing...NOTHING I SAY!*

*brought to you by makers mark

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  7. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    circle jerk retards slurping each others goo. totally fkn ghey

8. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Speaking of homoerotic fantastical wackadoodle posts, as you always accuse others of making, what you wrote here sounds like you're sitting in one big wet pile right about now, sparky. ugh

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

This, I agree with, mostly. You can eliminate the ad hominem attacks, but, seeing as that is your engrained behavior..........

10. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    I think you are really downplaying a lot of the smaller shapers who are also members here. They don't post much, but there have been some good threads in the past. However, you are correct about the fame aspect. Roy has made a lot of enemies (and a couple friends) on multiple forums, and his name is well known online. I think that is about as far as his fame goes, at least in the USA. If I asked any of the regulars at my local surf shop who Roy Stuart was, they would have no clue.

11. Roy Stuart

Roy Stuart Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Try them and see, it's certainly not the case on the West Coast.

12. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

Roy, prease? I'd be highly honored if you hit any of these points.

13. Roy Stuart

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm all for prone riding of any sort.

Yep it must be, just not the most versatile.

I'll watch it this week and report back.

Most of us in the civilised world are a passive part of American culture, whether we like it or not, especially when it comes to surfing, and I'm fine with that, with a few exceptions. So, there's really too much which is good to actually list.

Short replies sorry, I'm going to try and resurrect myself for the first surf in months... 9ft @17 seconds please wish me luck.

14. brewengineer

brewengineer Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2011
    I have. No one has heard of your name. Now, if I ask if anyone has heard of some crazy guy asking over $1mil for a surfboard, a few people have heard about that. Ask people in a surf shop in NZ who Will Allison or Ricky Carroll is. I am guessing they would have no clue. However, in our region, almost every surfer knows about them and their contributions to East Coast shaping/surfing.

15. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    Are you saying America is not civilized?

16. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    Damn straight. Will is the man. Roy is a douche.

17. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Good luck Roy. Are you about to score Raglan? Thank you for your replies, maybe a video reaction to Lebowski? Dude, you're gonna love it.

18. The Lonesome Tractor

The Lonesome Tractor Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Roy, I would like to look further into the idea that a fulcrum would be required to generate flex. I believe that the flex of a surfboard is real. Obviously it is not as profound as the flex of a snowboard but I truly believe it does exist.

With any surfboard, buoyancy is an important topic. This force can be shown as en equally distributed load. With an equally distributed load under the board and two point loads in the opposite direction (both of your feet), you are creating a difference in force. this difference in force will cause the deck of the surfboard to flex.

Think about the same example using something other than a surfboard. How about standing in the middle of a boogie board. the board will flex around the point loads because of the difference in the forces being applied.

Even though you don't have any sort of pin or fixed connection at either end of the board, there is still a force there. This force is equal and opposite to the force you apply to the top of the board in a downward direction. Newtons third law baybaaayyyy.

19. Roy Stuart

Jan 27, 2013
    Not my intention.

20. Roy Stuart

Jan 27, 2013
    Yes I agree that the buoyant force is equally distributed, but the planing forces are not. Some flex must occur but In don't think that it's quite in the way that we are being told.