AeroMexico Board Fees

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by Kyle, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    "If you purchase over the phone, it's $40. At the airport is $50. Fee is per case; up to 3 boards per case. Max length on a narrow-body cabin is 80 in. Max length on a wide-body cabin is 115 in. Max wight is 100 lbs."

That is what is states on the AerMexico website; however, when I call to verify this, the woman is telling me it is $15 for every 2lbs over 50lbs...

Also, I can't get them to confirm if the 80inch max and 115inch max depending on the plane size, see repeatedly says the max is 115inches, mentions nothing about the 80inch limit.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience using AeroMexico? If you could help shed some light on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated. I am mostly worried about my connection out of Mexico City on a smaller plane.

2. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Bring dinero for la mordida.

3. garbage_water

garbage_water New Member

Jun 26, 2015
    I'm flying on one of the planes on the small list pretty soon, but the guy over the phone says there is no size limit on this flight, he see's people taking all length boards on this flight every day. That all means nothing if you arrive to the airport and they deny your longboard.

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Ask what plane. If it is a B737, or A320, all boards fit. If it is an Embraer of any size, there are size limits and they are small. Embraer are regional jets, made in Brazil--all airlines use them.

5. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    That's freaking cheap regardless, JetBlue and Delta wanted $200 each way for oversized bags, reason i didn't take my board to cabo. With quick math - that's like 4 bills aka a new board ..tf?

When I was finding out - regulations were up to 115inches (oversized stuff) on delta and jB and that was a 737/a320 type of aircraft

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Last time I traveled with jetblu (12/2014) it was $50 for a surfboard. Did that change in 2015??

7. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    I was checking 03/2015

8. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    You ain't going to Mexico are you?

Are you insane?

That country is all crime and raping. Mexicans rape Americans. It's what they do. Check the 9/12 thread for proof positive,

Wow, you are a brave man. I suggest wearing a sign on you stating(in Spanish, of course), " I got the Virus - HIV"

But that probably won't even stop them as raping is in their blood.

Good luck. And bring back some pills. You can get the good ones for cheap down there. Just walk into any pharmacy and ax. You might have to suffer a bit o' raping but you should score.

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Why do you think he is going there?? He wants to be raped. And I don't blame him!! Who doesn't??
    You have got to get off of that Zyprexa. It is making you fat and diabetic.

10. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    o barry

11. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Rape is over rated in a victimization kind of way.

Zyprexa? Nah, dude.

I like Opanas, Barry. Though they F'd up that one, too.

Barry tell your phram pals to stop ruining these pills. We need to get around the time release function without becoming Brewengineer. Ah, there's always a way around it but you need to have a Junior's First Chemistry Set.

Man, people always have to ruin everything. Oxys were fantastic, but they ruined them.

12. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Focus gentlemen....I am looking for some real advice.

I know it's hard to believe, but there are some people on these forums that still like to discuss surfing related topics. I am looking for those people.

Please, no references to King Trump going forward. That is all.

13. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    Fock u think this is, msw?

14. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Oh jeez, sorry, Kyle.

First of all, these dudes on here don't really do Mexico. If you had a Carribean question you would have had forty responses, serious responses. No really everybody likes to look knowledgeable on here. So if these dudes knew the answer to your questions they'd jump at the opportunity.

What you want from us? Complete verification? I don't travel on planes with boards, but aren't board fees one of them grey areas? It always differs? It depends on who is at the counter on a particular day?

If you have a quote from their website then go to the aeropuerto and tell the people at the baggage desk that their website says this. Don't take "NO." Be polite but firm. Give them some McDonald's gift certificates.

Call up and ax the name of the person you are speaking with and just ax a non-related question.

Then get to the aeropuerto and tell them that you talked to, "Rosarita" last week and she stated that boards were $10 a bag(make up your price).....be adamant and politely push your case. People eventually just want to get rid of you.....Give it a try.

And your perils of travel, concerning board fees, might be an issue for you, but it's not for Actionpants or JAY D. They don't care. Liam hates Mexicans, so don't ax him. So chill, Kyle. We aren't here for your needs. And we'll talk aboot raping all we want. And I consider that not a surf-related topic but a travel-related question. Go on a travel website. Talk to a travel agent.

15. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

What Kyle doesn't recognize, Riley, is that I actually answered his questions...in full. I even went to airline sites because I wuz curious. Ain't I just a great guy....??
    Maybe he needs "special attention". So it is your turn to step up to "the plate".

16. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Sorry Blue Barry, I missed your response.

So Kyle, Blue Barry's info no bueno for tu?

Wow, I threw in some Spanish terms there. That was awesome.

17. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    From Jetblue's site.

Surfing Equipment

What is accepted:

One surfboard per case; size and weight restrictions do not apply, except items weighing more than one hundred pounds (100 pounds) will not be accepted as checked baggage. We recommend that surfboards travel in a hard-sided (rather than soft-sided) case to prevent damage.

Domestic Flights:

Surfboards are accepted on domestic flights for a fee of $50 per board each way and will count as a checked bag. Excess baggage fees may apply.

International Flights:

Surfboards are also accepted on international flights for a fee of $50 per board each way and will count as a checked bag. Excess baggage fees may apply.

Surfboards are accepted to all destinations EXCEPT to/from Bermuda, Haiti, Peru, Port of Spain, *Santo Domingo and Santiago.

18. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    I fold corrected. Had it been the case when I spoke to them - I might have taken me board along... I guess I had bad info?

19. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Barry, have you traveled via AeroMexico lately? I read your response, it somewhat contradicts what the website says (B737 considered a narrow body plane); but, if you flew with them recently I would assume you are correct.

I'm not looking for special attention, just someone to say, "hey I flew Aeromexico a month and brought "x amount" boards and paid "$x"." Didn't think that was asking a lot...my apologies.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  20. Riley Martin

Jan 13, 2015
    Kyle, tell Barry to F-off. Tell me the same.

Never apologize on here. It shows weakness and Rad Brad and Yankee and R-Carted will get at ya.

And it's ok to look for special attention. That's what the internet is for.

Good luck Kyle. If you have any Jersey questions I'll answer them. Don't listen to Liam he's from the ghetto.

Stay safe in Mexico and bring back drugs. Bring an extra board you can saw in half and fill with perricho(sp) and montega and mota. And Piedras.........