Humans...Planet Earth's Virus

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by yankee, Jul 24, 2015.

1. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
  2. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    There should be no surprise when one day mom decides to wash all of us away, wholesale.

3. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Met a girl from there in Copenhagen, she said that it was a tradition that they do and it feeds all the residence for the whole year. Im not saying I agree (dont eat meat) but if they use the animal to survive, is it any better than you going to mcdonalds and getting a big mac?

4. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    A very similar, and annual "traditional", thing is done in Japan with dolphins. No doubt elsewhere as well.
    [video=youtube;HW49qV6PhWk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW49qV6PhWk[/video]

5. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    total depravity. the heart is wicked. a heinous sin.

something about whales and dolphins, just ain't right. they're going to hell

6. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    Is that why there were still bodies in the water when the sun was setting? A sack of lies, dude.

As for Japanese... When I was growing up I was fascinated by the rationale and self control of Shinto, samurai bushido code and so on, then I learned about how they slaughtered the Chinese, how they slaughtered their own, how they kill whales and dolphins in mass quantities for "tradition"

I'm sorry, but there be nothing holy in these people, I don't care how ancient these traditions may be.

Of course I eat meat, too. I eat fish and plants, and shellfish, and fungi as well, like the omnivore that I am by design, but that's out of hunger and never for sport, and always with respect. There's no real parallel between killing a dolphin and eating a hamburger, if you really think about it.

I grew up around animals... My parents had dogs, all my relatives for the most part too, so I think a distinct sense of need to coexist and humans not being the only ones here has been more or less cultured since young age. I have animals in my house now, and when I'll have a bigger one - more of them shall come.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

"All in all, its just another break in the Wall"

8. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

The decision to do so was made eons ago. It is only the timing that is unknown.
    The Earth did not anticipate our coming, it doesn't know we are here, and it does not care if we get wiped out. It will survive no matter what we do until the Sun expands into a giant red star prior to exploding.

9. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    You're probably right, but something tells earth is an intelligent, self aware organism. We know for sure, that we are, and we are children of this planet. We know for sure other species to be intelligent, however our communication barriers prevent us from confirming their self-awareness. But it's easy to speculate that they are, just because they are capable of play. Think about it. Engaging in a harmless activity for pure joy and thrill of it? Dolphins surf, man. Orcas play. Whales chase they little one around because those like it, belugas take shallow water scrub baths, just to name a few examples (from marine life).
    All species play, which is an direct indication that their existence goes beyond necessity and survival (arguably for a human it's necessary to play to keep their wits about them)
    Thusly, who am I to assume that earth isn't self aware, conscious organism just because I don't speak her language?

10. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Very well put Towelie.

And I'm sick of culture and tradition being used as an excuse for abhorrent behavior. Honor rapes are a tradition and part of culture in some places for chrissakes.

Where humans go, filth and destruction follows.

No one goes to the Mediterranean to game fish. They're all fished out. Go snorkeling and there's nothing left.

Check out places like Bangalore India. Rotting filth and garbage piled in the streets everywhere and raw sewage flowing through open pipes and no one cares.

Go to places like Huzhou China. You think LA has a pollution and smog problems?

Just going to stop now, the examples are too numerous to mention.

A complete lack of respect for our one and only home. They people that are ok with it, do they sh*t in their own bed and lie in it? Do they just let their garbage and filth pile up in their living room?

Ok as long as it's NIMBY.

As George Carlin said (paraphrasing)..."The planet will be fine, the people, are focked."

Primates barely out of the trees, playing with loaded guns.

11. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    I grew up hunting and fishing and such and was always taught a healthy respect for the land and for what I took from it. If I ever killed something and didn't eat it I would have gotten smacked upside the head and the guns and fishing poles would have been taken away. And god forbid I littered. Go dove hunting and I'd better clean up all the spent shotgun shell casings when I was done. And one time I spent an hour looking in a thorn bush for one I shot.

Years ago these a$$hats posted a video. Bunch of fat stupid rednecks blasting away with semi-autos they had converted to full auto at migrating birds. Hundreds of dead birds all over the place, and just as many wounded. Of course they didn't even bother with putting the wounded ones out of their misery. Just walked around laughing and whooping it up. No food or sport there, just wanton mass destruction and cruelty.

Feds had the last laugh, they busted them for it and for having full auto. Small consolation to the birds though.

12. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    hunting and fishing for trophys or photos or whatever is like the worst thing u can do.if ur not going to eat it,do not kill it!!I don't hunt,but I do fish and anything that's not eatable like sharks and blues always get tossed back in after the first minute.and I go out to my waist to toss the sharks back because a lot of times they come right back in the shorebreak,and its a lot easier throwing them back the first time instead of trying to pick them up out of the shorebreak.I get a nice big smile when I see the little sharks swimming away.sucks I havnt caught anything eatable yet,going out tonight very far from my normal spot in hopes to catch some fluke.

has anyone in nj caught anything this summer that wasn't a shark?ever since sandy passed,i never seen a shark,know the only things out there are sharks

13. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    *now the only things out there are sharks..................

14. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Humans are more of a cancer than a virus, IMO. Malignant, metastasized. Stage 4.

15. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Fock them. In the afterlife I will slaughter all these focks.