Buying First Car

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Zman9398, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Zman9398

Zman9398 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    Hey guys, I am 16 years old and I am buying my first car this week and would like some input.

Budget: 10k with a bit of wiggle.

-I need to be able to drive down the shore almost every other weekend.
    -I have to drive it to school everyday (less than a mile from my house)
    -I want something with a bit of power and looks kind of sporty
    -AWD for the beach

right now, im looking at golfs, impreza hatchbacks, volvo hatchbacks and wagons right now but open to anything really.

2. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    If you were Mason Lesser, you would've titled the thread "Best First Car"...ijs

3. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    impreza or volvo (although i wouldnt take either on the beach)

4. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Sounds like Sheldonné

5. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Around 10k - get a reliable Japanese anything.

That means no euros - you're not buying new / won't have warranty - sh1t is gonna break down on you and you won't know where to fix it and gonna drain your wallet like a mutha. Idgaf what it looks like.
    Get a corolla - it's your first car anyway, chances are you'll destroy it anyway. Don't even think about getting an old Land Rover. Unless you like hemorrhoidal bleeds.

I drive Japanese because I enjoy only paying for gas and oil changes. Truth, son.

Less than a mile to school? You gonna drive? Boy, get a skateboard.

6. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
  7. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    get a f250 then get it lifted make sure u got 4wd and a gun rack

8. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    My car is smaller than yours!

9. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
  10. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
  11. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Man, thanks dawg, always looking out.
    Yeah, but mine cooks better than yours. Yeah I said it

12. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Found a great whip for you and all your buddies!

white_van11.jpg

13. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

What has happened to our "youts"??
    There was a time, young men bought cars with great back seats to get laid in. But now, what do I hear?? "I wanna go with my bros to the beach."
    How gay is that??

14. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    lol I never in my life had a 10k budget for anything,let alone a ride.my first whip was a 91 geo prizm.blew the tranny twice,first time I fixed it in school,2nd time I left it on 1&9 in linden and walked back to Sayreville at 1 in the morning.that's about a 30mile walk or so,didnt see not 1 cop,wouldve been great because I needed a ride.

good cars are not reserved for young kids.learn how to drive first,seriously,not being a d1ck u need to seriously learn how to drive because theres a billion people that cant.my 1 buddy,his first car was a new Camaro,went to school,showed up infront of his boys doing donuts and bam smacked into the 1 little island in the parking lot totaled his car.only had it for about 32 hours.

and its not about you on the road.u slam on ur brakes u might have the guy riding the shyt out of u smash into ur rear bumper totaling the back end of ur car.sometimes they will stop,sometimes they will drive away and u are left with the bill.but considering u have 10g'z,it shouldn't be a problem getting a new car.

so id recommend a Honda civic.they last forever,they are easy to fix,if u crash it no big deal its only a civic.then u learn about cars,drop a b18c1 motor in ,some custom headers,a nice blower,a computer chip,new fuel rail and injectors,and boom ur going down the highway doing 180mph.do not get a pick up.u need to learn how to drive a car before u can handle a truck

15. dbiz135

dbiz135 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Toyota 4Runner or Tacoma. Bone stock no modifications low miles. At 16 I would lean towards a 4Runner. Much more versatile.

Best advice ever!!!
    Trust me!!!

You can drive it into the ocean host a party down in baja with some mermaids and the craken and drive it back home before curfew!!

16. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    My Prius fits two longboards along with gear and a passenger, 53 mpg and never breaks.

17. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    I've been looking at these...I like not having a car payment tho

18. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    honda passport. as new as you can find. or a '95-'05 tacoma. either will be good regardless of miles. honda passport is everything good about all tyes of vehicle rolled into one. and its a HONDA!

19. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    My advice is skip the AWD/beach options, and avoid station wagons for your first car. These increase cost big time and do nothing at all for your beach trips/daily driver needs.

If you actually have $10,000 to spend on a car in 11th grade (seriously?), then spend no more than $6,000 on a reliable used hatchback (you already said your looking at a golf so obviously you don't need a lot of room) and save the rest for surf trips, travel and more important things than some sporty AWD that will just whet your appetite for a $20,000 ride.

One more thing....don't set a deadline of "this week" to buy car. Your playing RIGHT into the hands of the car seller if you have to buy something right now.

20. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Man, you are a boring poster.