Which board is best for me?

Discussion in 'Global Bodyboarding Talk' started by Johnny44, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Johnny44

Johnny44 Member

Aug 12, 2015
    So i've asked this question before but I just wanted another round of opinions and advice before I went out and got another board. I am 5ft 6in and weight around 190-195lbs give or take a few. I currently own the BODY GLOVE 45-inch Big Tuna Bodyboard http://www.surfshop.com/bodyglove-big-tuna-45-bodyboard-12592
    Is this board too big? Should I go buy the Morey Cruiser 42.5" Body Board? (http://www.amazon.com/Morey-Cruiser-42-5-Board-Colors/dp/B000A8BTW0. I am an intermediate rider. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  2. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morey cruiser is the Cadillac of boogs on budget. I'd sell u mine, but my dealer says they're only gonna go up in value, so I think I'm gonna hang on to it. Get it? Hang on to my boog?

3. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    What makes you an intermediary rider, to your mind?

4. Johnny44

Johnny44 Member

Aug 12, 2015
    I'm not new to bodyboarding and can catch waves and etc. but now since you asked I think i'm beginner rider lol

5. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
  6. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Are the 662 boards anygood?

7. JawnDoeski

Aug 11, 2014
    Idk Zdawg..never rode one

Hey they got an Eddie Solomon tribute...I mean if it's got his name on it..it must be totally *****in'

Dude did you find some desomorphine in the pee ppe and send it to Barry Fumunda Cudda cause I been noticing he's been kinda MIA

8. JawnDoeski

Aug 11, 2014
    Idk Zdawg..never rode one

Hey they got an Eddie Solomon tribute...I mean if it's got his name on it..it must be totally *****in'

Dude did you find some desomorphine in the pee ppe and send it to Barry Fumunda Cudda cause I been noticing he's been kinda MIA

9. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Riley was supposed to be in the 302 last weekend and he has been MIA as well.

10. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Riley's good man, I saw dat cracker on Monday

11. JawnDoeski

Aug 11, 2014
    Damn dawg maybe Fumunda Cudda Berry got weird on the desomorphine

Now he's tied up in some dingy basement in Noo Hampshire

12. JawnDoeski

Aug 11, 2014
    SS that was Monday dawg

It's Friday...go find Barry

Riles might be in danger

13. Speed Bump

Speed Bump Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Dude, you're like a sphere!

Get a 40-42" boog. Those boards you mentioned are craptastic. CustomX is a good company for beginners to intermediate. Get PE/DOW core with 1 or 2 stringers. Should run about $120. Try ebodyboarding.com

Most of the brands there are solid.

14. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    crap, that means.....my morey is craptastic... :( thanks a lot!

15. Speed Bump

Speed Bump Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
  16. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    a little bit yo... i payed top dorrar for my 42.5" cruiser...

17. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    i remember the first day i got it... went to the beach and behold - the beach was getting pounded by 3'+ all shore breaking... i held it in my both hands in front of me and charged for the water... it was so light and fragile compared to my surfboards...i held it lightly..the first wave that touched my boog, send it flying flat into my forehead and so a bond was born.. our bond.
    i've since twisted its corners vigorously with my wrists numerous times and upgraded the wrist leash to a bicep. even spent around 1/4 of a sticky bumps bar on marking the grip points for the elbows...

18. Johnny44

Johnny44 Member

Aug 12, 2015
    lmao

19. ell198679

ell198679 Member

Jan 14, 2017
    I am better than 90% of people who ride bodyboards IE the 909ners that go out and ride waves straight, the 7 year olds etc. But I guess when it comes to serious bodyboarders. I am a beginner. I would go with a custom x or a Science board.

20. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009