annoying surf

Discussion in 'USA Mainland Surf Forum' started by BradPitted, Aug 31, 2015.

1. BradPitted

BradPitted Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    kinda long....
    so saturday we had some workable surf. I paddled out, was by myself which is fine for mr.pitted. Had a couple waves when someone else paddles out near me. that's fine too but there is a ton of other beaches to paddle out on. Next thing I know we are about 30 yards apart from eachother and he keeps winding up closest to the peak so he gets the wave. Now I'm waiting for my wave. It was 10 second period swell so this guy manages to catch his wave and paddle out before the next good one comes. But he paddles to my left again. And now comes a wave and Im going for it its a great left but he is on the inside closest to the peak again and this jerk is going for it. so I back off. Now I'm waiting again.... and sure enough he paddles back out to my left and not 5 minutes later another pefect left comes. Mr.Pitted has had it now. I'm going, he's going. we both commit and sure enough he doesnt back off. I'm pefectly out on the shoulder and the entire time he's calling me a kook and riding the wave all the way to the shore line, knee deep water. I pick up my board and start going back out and he's next to me telling me I better not drop in on him again. Screaming it actually. People on the beach had to notice(it was early so no too many people). Anyways I paddle back out and I tell him I'll drop in on you all day chief. Now Im not from this area so I have no clue if his buddies will show up... but I mean come on he got like 3waves in a row, it was my turn.
    So.... same setup, hes about 10 to 15 yard to my left and a perfect left is coming in. He takes it even though I wanted to. Manages to paddle back out and sits on the inside of me again and here comes the next set. Again, Mr.Pitted has had it and Im going. Same exact thing. I get a nice left he's yelling at me the entire way in. But this time when I paddle back out he doesn't follow me and he walks out of the water red faced steaming. Whatever I paddle back out and am waiting for the next wave to take, when I casually glance back to the beach and I see this f-nut throwing my board bag and beach bag into the water!!! wallet, phone, keys a little bit of food all in the back pack. I couldn't f-ing believe it. I start paddling like crazy as Im more concerned about my belongings being lost then confronting him. I finally make it to the shore a grab my flooded back pack and some lady got my board bag. I look up at the boardwalk and this guy is flipping me off and takes off on his bike. I mean wtf.
    So not sure if I want to go back to that area... he had to be a local if he was on a bike. If I do see him do I confront him or get his info for damaged property for a police report.... I guess my cell phone was the only real casualty.
    Well no matter, brad pitted had some great rides and I will definitely be pitted again. I just can't help but feel the need to kick this guys ass in.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Where did this happen? New Jerseyian?

3. BradPitted

Jan 1, 2015
    I was out on Long Island this past weekend. area near lido.

4. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Did you try to outpaddle him to the peak? Did he have a longboard, kayak, or SUP and you a shortboard? I need to know in order to determine if your snake job was justified.

5. huuor

huuor Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Dude, that SUCKS. I wanted to slap this guy long before I even got to the part where he throws your stuff in the water. I say hunt him down and take some friends. Oh and never, EVER leave your purse on the beach.

6. BradPitted

Jan 1, 2015
    Im taller about 6'1". I was on a shortish board for me, 7'2". this guy was on what looked like egg shape. But not a short board length. Longer.

7. BradPitted

Jan 1, 2015
    good advice.

8. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Well. he doesn't owe you any waves. If he paddles back to the peak thats on you.

But he is a psycho if he threw your stuff in the water.

9. mrz1

mrz1 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Normally when there is only two people out there should be some respect on sharing the peak. But if your out there first and the guy keeps taking the peak you really shoud push back a bit before dropping in. give him the " hey I really don't want to have to hassle you for the peak but if your going to be a **** and not rotate than I will run you over" That way there is no guessing on the outcome

10. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    only two guys out and he's pulling that sh!t...what a brat

That's the one good thing I liked about the tuflite I used to have...it always came out on top when banging boards with the many a-holes out there.

11. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    damn that's some heavy unnecessary bs.that's the one thing I hate about surfing,is leaving my keys on the beach.I normally never bring my wallet when I go to the beach,just my liscense,and I leave that and the phone in the car.

but yea man u run into that fuker and recognize him as the right person,dont say anything,just walk up deck him til hes on the ground,then say hey remember me?then proceed wit the azzbeatin

12. Ronnie Mund

Ronnie Mund Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Dood, what a douche.

13. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Why speak of your lil buddy raddamoron in such terms, short eyes??

14. Radderbsurfin

Radderbsurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    1. Are you guys friggin kidding me?
    You walk up to the beach and see a nice peak. One dood on it and, maybe he isint getting a lot of waves or
    Scared to drop in.
    It's not your peak or his. The better dood is gonna catch more waves.
    Op, I feel like you should have watched the guy and maybe learned something.

2. Any dood that throws another dood's stuff in the drink over waves needs a beating.

15. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    That guy does sound like a **** especially for throwing your **** in the water, can't imagine a situation that would lead me to do that. That said 30 yards is pretty far. If he was sitting 30 feet up from you nearer the peak and kept doing that I'd be annoyed too but 90 feet is a fair distance. Unfortunately that's the rule of the water and this nut didn't do anything wrong just breached etiquette a bit. If your not up to, or into, staying on the peak and fighting it out your better off going somewhere else or waiting for him to leave. When the surf is mostly lefts I count on the good will of others to let waves pass. No way I'm gonna paddle battle for a left that I might blow. When it's mostly rights I get way more aggressive and will fight for the peak. All that said I do agree that with just two guys out he could have let a wave or two pass. Are you being completely honest that he didn't let any waves pass? Sometimes in the retelling of a story it's easy to clean it up by saying the bad guy dogged you every wave, makes for a simpler premise. If by some chance he did let a few pass but still got more waves than you thought was "fair" and you decided to drop in anyhow your stuff deserved to be dunked.

16. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
  17. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    find his bike and slice the tyres dude. if he notices you doing so, start yelling " see what happens, Larry? see what happens, when you fock a stranger in the ass, Larry? "

other than that he might've spotted your jersey plates on ny turf. the hell you doing here, bro? anyway...get some maryland plates or....delaware...south carolina... people will respect you more.

why not ny plates, you ask? simple... with ny plates every local will assume you're a hipster douche who drove down from cobble hill with his designer plank...that will render you wishing you was from jersey.

no hate brah, just saying how it is. jersey got them richardy state troopers and easier driving tests to thank for it.

sheeet. i say double the bridge and tunnel tolls for out of state plates... except maryland plates, and delaware..south carolina...those are cool...

[​IMG]

YEAH!

18. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    also dude, you gotta check your aggro levels based on what kinda phone it was... if it was like a flip out nokia - then maybe he did you a favor of pushing you in the general direction of upward mobility.
    if it was an iPhone 8+ PLUS plUS...then your hipster ass was asking for it via showboating your riches on an uncharted territory (to you)
    the kewl and even thing these days to do is to have an iPhone 5s... not too flashy, but not a telegraph either. you know I'm saying? just the RIGHT touch of retro without having to hammer on those keys, and return bell at line end. full stop.

19. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Today, guys were so hungry to the point that they couldn't let a crummy insider wave pass

20. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    your first mistake: he camped on you ........ and you let him

mistake 2: you didn't battle paddle. paddle farther out and sit in front of him by 10 ft. All he sees is your back. that bscly means "fvck off, you don't exist". hassle for everything.

mistake 1733miliion: you dropped in on him. if you don't work for position, you are just out there floating around