annoying surf

Discussion in 'USA Mainland Surf Forum' started by BradPitted, Aug 31, 2015.

1. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    it's too late bro.

give up now pls.

[​IMG]

2. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Ah yous guys...surfing isn't a sport

It's a lifestyle that revolves around being an outlaw..an artist..an outsider

Rock N Roll, Drugs and women....a real surfers ambition

The skilled will take waves from the less skilled...big shark eat little shark if you know what I be sayin'

Where is William?

3. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    You're William.

4. BradPitted

BradPitted Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Okay, fair enough Metard. You point is taken.
    so I guess the take away from is that if you pull this kind of stuff with me (and other self respecting people) in the water you will be "regulated" to some extent. next time my bags will be in the vehicle.

5. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Sounds like you were out, having fun on the inside (not on the peak). A more knowledgeable surfer paddles out to the peak, and starts taking the set waves. You get upset, and start dropping in on him -multiple times- (by your own admission), instead of paddling to the peak and trading waves. He retaliates by throwing your stuff in the water -which is screwed up, but whatever. Now you're mad and looking for validation for your actions? Try heading for the peak and working for your waves instead of taking someone else's.

6. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Only two guys on it and it gets to where it got to is just ridiculous. Over what? A 2 ft wave? If what your saying is true he came to the party in a foul mood, looking to rumble and let you know it right away when he stink eyed your good morning. You gave him what he was looking for by dropping in. Twice. You decided to take action and he responded. He gave you a warning first which you did not heed and so he escalated. Went from defcon 5 and skipped to defcon 2 if you ask me. If you're going to stand up and fight you're going to lose sometimes.

Will you surf that spot again?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  7. Radderbsurfin

Radderbsurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Op, this is going to be your 'coming out' party.
    Please, just tell everyone your a shoulder riding kook and move on with your life.
    Thx

8. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    the take away should be to work for waves and not expected to be handed to you! SMH

9. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Republican in and out of the water. Why turn surfing into work? lol

or, if it's an option, just paddle down to an empty peak . For f*cksakes there was only two of you and ya'll got in a beef?

10. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    the OP gets pissy cause he is sitting on the shoulder and gets a better surfer puts himself in better positions to get waves. Then the drops in on him. Not political, just douchbaggy.

11. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Ask Chuck-a-Boo-Boo how to handle this crap! He's a DP legend, 1-0 with 1 KO, unconquered! Two dudes in the ocean can't get out of each others way.... wow

12. BradPitted

Jan 1, 2015
    I disagree. I think if you don't start none, there won't be none type of philosophy is this situation. I was enjoying a peaceful morning surf session and miles and miles of beach break and he comes out by me??? Part of me also felt he was afraid to paddle out bye himself and that's why he paddle out where he did. But in hind sight he was just looking for a turf battle with someone.

13. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    ever stop and think that maybe this is his go to spot where he surfs every day???? Probably not since you cant see past yourself.

also, by your account, he was a better surfer than you so the 'afraid' rationale is only to make yourself feel better fro pulling a d!ck move.

14. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Wow- what a mess! The Tard is right- this thread really went down hill quick!

But this thread is exactly why I would rather surf alone.

1st -Surfing is not a sport- had you forgotten ... Unless your like 12yrs old. There is more to surfing then competition and physical activity. If that's why you surf, then you will probably quit in about 5 yrs...

2nd- I totally understand both side of the story here- but there is also a time and place for everything. 2 guys out is really not the situation where you would be jockeying to get into the better position. Specially since it was probably a waist hi summer day... Yet if your more then 10ft off the peak- then don't expect someone to let you catch a shoulder.

3rd- some people just don't have any class. It's the truth- just let them be. They probably have a lot of other problems causing them to act like children.

some people just don't get it. Just let them be...

15. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    k bro

16. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    It sounds to me that you just encountered a meth head in the line-up. There is no reasoning or logic behind the whole situation so forget about it and move on.

17. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Agreed dropping in was only gonna esculate the situation and totally uncalled for. Paddle battle or move to another peak. Still can't get over only 2 people out and a fight ensues. Just messing with ya pump with repub. comment. 2 men enter 1 man comes out. lol.

18. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    lol, im really just and old contrarian :) I think that where the sense of entitlement comes in. OP can't get the waves he wants because of the better surfer but because he feels entitled, he won't move and resorts to the drop ins which escalates everything.

19. BradPitted

Jan 1, 2015
    I did not think that this guy was any better than me at surfing. I could have engaged the guy in a paddle battle and it would not have solved a damn thing. that guy needed to be dropped in on for the disrespect of a peaceful morning surf. who knows, maybe the guy lost his job the day before. Maybe his girl left him or maybe he was just a miserable prick. I don't know. But I know the conflict was all of his doing.

20. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    still don't get it.......

if you were shoulder hopping and he was constantly in better positions, what does that say about skill and experience?