annoying surf

Discussion in 'USA Mainland Surf Forum' started by BradPitted, Aug 31, 2015.

1. JTS

JTS Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Jeez - Coming on SI and playing the victim, who did you whine to about this before the internet? If you are not on the peak you aren't in line, quit crying and paddle over to the peak where you can have a claim to the peak.
    BTW Why do you continually refer to yourself in the third person ?

2. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    This would also be an excellent opportunity to perform a propre sand reconne.

3. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
  4. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
  5. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    this is appropriate to the OP:

[video=youtube;tMGpv24oB2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMGpv24oB2U[/video]

6. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Exactly

7. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    I thought about posting that one too pump.

back in the day if someone shoulder hopped you twice there was gonna be altercation/fistacuffs. Out one time and this big dude kept burning this small dude talkin' smack like "what you gonna do about it." After the 3rd time a couple of the local enforcers paddle over to the big dude and told him to leave immediately or get his butt kicked. Never saw the guy again. I never saw anyone get hassled that was not deserving of it. If you could surf and worked your way in you got no beef and people had your back if someone was being a total d*ck.

8. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    yep. saw that all the time in the old days

9. BradPitted

BradPitted Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    I think this thread has run its course.

and anyone that thinks I was out of line by dropping in on this prick should stop pretending the scenario in your mind is anything like how it plays out in real life.

10. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    It's happened to most people on here. Guys who know what they are about will play the positioning game or if they cant, they know to move. People who don't know jack sh!t about surfing do what you did then whine about it. You got a wake up call, learn from it so that the next time isn't worse.

11. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    This^^^

12. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    ^^^^^^^^^

13. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Man Pitted, I just can't help but to review this with you. I just went back and re-read your OP as I did not originally get to the ending where he threw your gear into the ocean...I just read the beginning which was enough. But, In the end, you refuse to see scenario for what it really was.

1. you mentioned he was local and you refer to surfing "that place again", like it was a random pull off and surf here today mission. He probably surfs there every swell and obviously had the peak wired (which you did not).
    2. you mentioned he kept paddling outside of you to the peak. Here is the point (I think most folks who have been surfing for sometime would agree with this): If I go to the peak and catch a good one, out of basic instinct I am going to paddle back to the exact same spot hoping to get another and another and so on. You decided to hang on the shoulder and not challenge the peak.
    3. The guy sounds like a real piece of work but the reality is he did what most guys do when surfing...optimize there wave quality and quantity. Sorry he threw your stuff in the water...way over the top but his surfing was speaking for itself as was yours.

as AKA said learn from it and move on.

14. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010

k bro.

I bet if you took the peak while he rode his waves he would have let you have it for a bit. If your going to sit on the shoulder hes going to get his.

He still shouldnt have thrown your sh!t in the water........but you don't really understand the lineup.

15. BradPitted

BradPitted Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    hello earth to the retard squad - there is no one peak at a beach break like you see on long island. between him and me, the take off spot was a moving target within the area we were sitting in. Its just that most of the surfable waves that came in were lefts. it was obvious he was trying to always be on my left and I just wasnt getting suckered into his game. so he gets dropped in on. If I had him in arms reach on the beach I'd have ripped him in two. He pulled the ultimate coward baby move by tossing my gear into the water and taking off.
    if any of you guys tried to challenge me like that on an empty beach you'd get dropped in on too.

16. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Dude, ok, you were right, he was wrong.

Can everybody tell Brad he was right please?

jHC, bro

17. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Then I would throw your stuff in the water????????

JK

But wow you really don't get it. Lets see. Lefts are coming in......and you got mad at him for trying to be as far left as possible so you dropped in on him repeatedly?

Do you get mad in basketball when guys dribble around you to take an open shot?

18. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    your douchebaggery was totally exposed in your last post Bradley. You got schooled and exposed for the kook you are and are upset about it. Be thankfully this was at Long Island and now some 3rd world break.

19. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    PS--You called him a local so you know he is there a lot, why not go back and settle things with him??

20. wombat

wombat Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    my brain hurts...

waves are lefts, surfer is left (looking out to sea? wouldn't that be surfer's right?) and closer to the peak on every good wave but still 30 yards away, LI can have pretty stable peaks (where the other surfer was), paddling to the peak is "getting suckered into his game", LI has lots of surfers (ain't exactly Jeff Clark at Mavs) so claiming a wave (at the shoulder) is pretty unrealistic...

this makes as much sense as Trump on the oppressed white american male