annoying surf

Discussion in 'USA Mainland Surf Forum' started by BradPitted, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    This was Long Island? Long beach? what street?

2. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009

3. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
  4. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I think the point is you dropped in. In over thirty years of surfing I have only dropped in on someone 10 times or less. Each time it was my fault for not seeing them or misjudging the peak and thinking they were going left when they back door'd. Point is I never blamed them, always blamed myself, apologized if I got the chance and watched myself closely to avoid it happening again. Your only legitimate options were to fight for the peak, let him tire himself out, or move. The answer is never to drop in out of frustration, ever.

5. BradPitted

BradPitted Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    I was in a area called lido, I don't think that's part of long beach.

anyways, I don't exactly remember asking for any expert advice on lineups, I was just sharing an odd experience. But it sounds like a lot of you guys are reading from textbooks on surfing behavior and not really speaking from experience. Just my 2c.

6. BradPitted

Jan 1, 2015
    that's a lot of times to drop in on someone. I would have tossed your stuff in the water if you did that to me!

7. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Brad, where's home?

8. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    Hey fella you may not think its part of LB but it its sure as hell is. and it aint got no boardwalk to bike away from I'll tell you that.

you think we aren't speaking from experience?

9. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    You shared we responded. If you didnt want responses dont post a thread on an online message board dumdum.

Ya you think we arent speaking from experience?

10. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008

ah to be young and stupid

11. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Brad,

Where are you from and how long have you been surfing?

Do you surf year round? Lets hear where your at. Seriously.

12. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Also sorry your stuff got thrown in the drink that guy is still kinda nutzo. No one is disputing that. Just trying to help you prevent it from happening again and inform you so you can surf better and learn.

13. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Is it possible to leave all that stuff in the car next time? Stick your key in yoru pocket and go!

14. BradPitted

Jan 1, 2015
    Oh thanks.... Im suppose to take advice from a big fat black guy eating a gigantic hamburger??? I'll pass.

as far as the board walk, it was not a typical looking boardwalk, it was a very matted pathway to the beach from a parking lot. there is no way I can remember the name of the parking lot.

Look you guys can go on with etiquette all you want, the guy was being a ****. you don't have to be a lifelong surfer to know that. I guess you guys never really have encountered any bad blood in the water.

15. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Its an avatar. You're not very bright are you?

16. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Most of us did you moron. we LEARNED how do deal with it correctly. I guess its going to take a much harder lesson for you apparently.

17. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Wow...I am pretty sure PeaJay and Zippy have been at it as long or longer than me (32 years). Not sure about some of the other folks on here. It's not just etiquette....the best word to describe your episode is Naiveté. Meaning clueless. Note sure about the text book theory...anyone, anyone?

There are a few flaws in your perspective (dude being a di&K not withstanding). You don't even know where you were surfing. I can promise you one thing...you continue to act like that in the line up and next time it may end different.

I have had words with guys, and I have also know my place in a line up. I have seen idiots do some stupid things and get a lot worse than you did. Hell I saw Johnny Boy drop in on some dude at Makaha and he almost ruined that guys day for it (ran him out of the water for sure).

I think there is a general consensus on here about your perspective. I still can't believe the dude threw your stuff in the water...that is a first for me.

Also, you did not ask for advice on how to not line up on the shoulder of a peak but you did ask what you should do. I would not go back there looking for trouble....suck it up and move on dude.

18. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    Just wanted to bold out the ridiculous parts. There are so many.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  19. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Wait a friggin minute, that's not really you ,Bub? DAMMIT!!

20. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    the more I think about this thread, the more I am wondering if this is RM? can't be real right?