annoying surf

Discussion in 'USA Mainland Surf Forum' started by BradPitted, Aug 31, 2015.

1. BradPitted

BradPitted Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Lessons.jpg

2. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    I think if this is a hoax, they are taking all the worst kooks ever and multiplying them time 5 to get this character. In that case, well played.

3. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    o barry the Trifling Troll...The guy who threw his sh%$ in the water is who...idiot.

#unwrittenrules

4. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
  5. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Ok, so let me see if I got this (all 23 pages) right.

Some guy (OP) goes out surfing. He's shoulder hopping. Another guy comes out, positions himself deeper\closer to the peak, thus getting priority and takes the next wave.

Op stays in the same spot. Doesn't consider the next wave important enough to move into position vacated while 2nd guy was surfing. 2nd guy comes back, gets in position, takes next wave. This goes on a few times.

Op doesn't consider catching the next wave important enough to get in position, paddle battle, or at least try to say "hey man mind if I catch the next one". Op DOES consider it important enough to not move down to a diff peak where he can shoulder hop at will. Op does consider it important enough to then drop in on the guy on the next wave, pulling what is commonly referred to as a "**** move".

2nd guy get pissed at this dangerous **** move. Tells the Op so. Op still does not consider it important enough to get in position, paddle battle, etc. or move on, but does think its important enough to pull the dangerous **** move again, and even tells him he will do this all day long.

2nd guy responds by pulling a **** move and throwing all the Ops stuff in the ocean.

Op then comes on a site that he later admits as having a rep for being nothing but a bunch of aholes, tells his story, and is shocked and upset when no one gives him any sympathy, and a few give him the business instead.

Op then tells everyone that disagrees with him to stop posting on the thread he started. Op also continually refers to himself in the third person.

Did I get this right? Am I missing something?

Ya know, I've been in situations where I was shoulder hopping b\c I wasn't comfortable going to the peak where there were better surfers than me. They were splitting peaks, throwing buckets, all knew each other, etc..I knew I was the low man on the scrotum pole. I sat on the outside and waited. After I sat patiently for a while then I asked one of the guys if they minded if I picked off a shoulder so I didn't get in their way or blow a good wave. I got told "sure man, go ahead, no sense fighting over these waves". Even got hooted in when I caught one. I then took my rightful place again on the scrotum pole, waited, and about every 5th or 6th wave I got told "next one's yours man". Even got some helpful tips.

Guess ****s have a gravity all their own.

6. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    im no fan of barry but he is right.
    there are no rules. rules mean you must or must not.

you can sit on the shoulder of a peak and proceed to drop in on people if you want. those same people can throw your gear in the drink because of it if they want. you can be surprised they did it. others can understand why they did.

you can learn from what others are saying but you don't have to.

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Evasive, inconsequential answer. There are NO rules. They are written nowhere, legislated nowhere, practiced nowhere, enforced nowhere.
    No rules.
    Everybody makes up their own rules as they see it.
    Mayhem.

8. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    This tread is like a train wreck I want to look away but it's just not possible.

Your turn Brad.

9. BradPitted

BradPitted Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    this was not a learning event. I am 100% certain that there was no way for this surf session to go without something happening. trying to convey that to you guys the most useless waste of energy. I hope one of you clown run into this guy or someone like him and see what happens when you puss out and start waiving the white flag and still get pushed over.

10. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Rerun - you are a wise man.

You had some sick dance moves on American Bandstand too...

rerun.JPG

11. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    #unwrittenrules

Call it what you like guys. When you break the rules there are consequences. You can rob a bank if you want.

Semantics. Paddle out to Pipe and shoulder hop someone dropping in and see if the rule is enforced.

"Everyone makes up their own rules" ...thought there were no rules Barry. Just because it is not an act of congress does not mean they don't exist. Even if it is in my own mind.

12. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014

13. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    YOU CAN'T SIT ON THE SHOULDER OF A PEAK AND PROCEED TO DROP IN ON SOMEONE...and not expect repercussions

there I fixed it for you.

14. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

You are confusing rules with courtesy. It is the same at Pipeline or Belmar or Cocoa Beach.
    There is, however, a law that clearly prohibits physical assault; it is a felony. Other than that, you are free to move about the wave......

Just the facts, Mam, just the facts...

15. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    the learning event is your thread. folks are telling you what's up. you aren't listening.

as for running into him. i bet i do. i surf there a bunch. probably already know him. bet it doesn't come down to your scenario. i bet the guy is cool with me. we'll laugh about you. trade waves. you know surf.

16. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008

Ok. ill play along...most of us HAVE run into people like at one time or another. WE LEARNED from it (damn Riley can you let me know where you at? the drugs there are impressive for you to invent this clown)

17. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Brad this seems like an exercise in futility, but what would you do if you were in the other guys shoes? Seriously. If you saw one person out, who was not at the peak, adn not in position to fully take advantage of the best waves. So you paddle out to the peak and start taking all the good/set waves. The timing is such that by the time you paddle back out another good set comes. the other guys starts to go for them but keeps backing off when he sees you up. For whatever reason, he won't take the peak. He just starts to drop in on you, because he wants some of the good ones too. Would you be pissed?

18. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    can you get his side of the story? Im sure it is radically different from what we have heard so far.

19. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    That would be awesome PJ. Would love to hear the other dudes side.

20. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    I'm thinking Brad Pitted is really Raddadbrad? Anybody?