Flatness and Zones

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by terra-firma intolerant, Jun 8, 2009.

1. terra-firma intolerant

terra-firma intolerant Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Someone's making Neptune hate us. I bet it's all those tourists throwing their cigarrette butts in the sand and leaving their chips and beer :eek::eek::eek:.

Has anyone noticed the surfzone flags going up a little earlier this year :confused::eek:

2. wbsurfer

wbsurfer Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2008
    i agree with you leddy about the tourists. especially since i picked up some trash today walking back from surfing. but i havent noticed the zones. but maybe its all the kooks that are making neptune hate us. so i think we should do a board sacrifice to the gods.

3. Señor Surf

Señor Surf Well-Known Member

May 28, 2008
    Why waste a perfectly good board? Let's sacrifice a tourist instead. Maybe they will start staying in Ohio and New Jersey after that:D

4. conway

conway Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2008
    not to be that guy, but with times being as tough as they are, the summer influx of tourists is probably just what several of your favorite local estabishments need to stay afloat. yeah, crowds and general disrespect of the beach sucks, but the money they bring is pretty crucial.

5. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    it doesnt have to be a perfectly good board just a board. it can be a crappy board or even a foam top.

6. dnksmokr

dnksmokr New Member

Jun 9, 2009
    bad timing

are you aware that a woman from Ohio died this weekend at kure or cb? if not, just thought you might want to know.

7. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    The least they can do is not be so fricken ignorant. We don't go visit their state parks and leave grocery store -sized amount of trash everywhere.

8. conway

conway Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2008
    true that, its pretty obscene. and they clog up the roads with their yukon xl's and chevy avalanches while they take all the damn parking spots too. thats the worst, besides the metermaid nazi's who give out tickets even if your time hasnt expired yet.

9. Señor Surf

May 28, 2008
    That stinks. How did she die?

10. Señor Surf

May 28, 2008
    Let's do a soft top. All of that cheap foam should burn nicely.

11. Señor Surf

May 28, 2008
    They can visit and have a good time as long as they don't forget where 95 North is. Our housing prices are getting bad. I can't blame them though. If I could sell a $500,000 house that is OK up north and buy a mack daddy house down here for the same or less, I would do it.

12. respecttheocean

respecttheocean Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Woman

The woman died after being sucked out by a nasty rip in Kure Beach. Wouldn't wish that upon anybody.

As far as the tourists littering our beaches goes....Man, I am with you right on with that one. As far as tourists surfing-there definitely are some dangerous people in the water trying to learn to surf...sad thing is though, some of the times, at least in WB, it's aggro residents making it dangerous as well-dropping in on people who have wave priority because they think they rip harder than anyone. Also, the other day, I was out south of Crystal Pier and saw this longboarder lose his board. The board flew in tumbling and hit this guy in the head who was swimming. Granted the guy should be aware enough to see a board coming...There are alot of people who work HARD though to keep the beaches open to surfing in WB and these kind of situations do not help the cause...Where your leash so we can all continue to enjoy surfing our coast. Everyone just needs to show respect for everyone else in the water (and out for that matter).......In stead of hating non-stop-hope for waves.....

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  13. adowcett

adowcett Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Memorial day to labor day, same as every year.

14. NCsurfer

NCsurfer Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    I live in cb and I didnt hear about this. She probably dissed the rip current signs that are stuck into the ground everywhere there is a rip.

15. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    No, I mean like time-wise... they've seem to be putting them up half-an-hour earlier os so.

16. eclipse13

eclipse13 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Do a search on one of the local news sites. Basically her, her husband, and her son got sucked out. KB lifeguards pulled all of them in. Husband and wife went to the hospital. Husband got out and then wife died.

It's a sad story and has already happened 2 times this year (Last weekend a 19yo Hispanic guy drowned near Hamlet). I saw some guards pull in a few kids and put of a "no swimming, rip current" sign in the North End Saturday, yet the damned tourists swam out right in front of the sign. I really am saddened that this kind of stuff happens on what is supposed to be their vacation, but until they learn, it will continue to happen.

17. adowcett

adowcett Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2007
    The very first day they put 'em up, they did start us moving around 20 minutes before. I figured that because it was the first day, they thought they would need a lot of time to move people down the beach and get the message across. If they're doin' this consistently we might have to call them on it.

18. wbsurfer

Mar 30, 2008
    i heard last weekend while surfing that we as wb might not have surf zones next year. i thought no it wont happen as we are a tourist community and they dont want su surfers hitting tourists that basically pay for our beach renourisment.

19. conway

conway Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2008
    who gives a **** about surf zones, the wind comes up before 1030 every day. who cares where you can surf when its blowing south at 20 knots? just get on it earlier.

20. terra-firma intolerant

Jul 5, 2008
    I do, but say you get a day when the wind doesn't pick up (fronts, storms, etc) from the southeast, everyone will be crunched\d together in the surf zones... that is, the people who don't know any better....:rolleyes: