Help keep beach access public in New Jersey town

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by mongoloid, Oct 3, 2015.

1. NJ glide

NJ glide Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    I hope some kind of marine weather event creates undermining below Ruby's property and his yard and house collapse into the ocean. Hopefully when this happens all of the debris will form a perfect set up, A frames would be nice...

2. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Next fall I want to get tubed into his carport and kick out over his daddy's sports car

3. NJ glide

Jun 8, 2013
    this post is to keep it at the top. Whats with all the Monday night football live stream spam links???

4. NJ glide

Jun 8, 2013
    We could tomorrow. Right now we can park right in front of his house...you know so we can case the joint...wtf planet does this douche canoe live on!

5. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

You can insult people all you want. I do, remember?? But if you are trying to litigate something, a wise man keeps his mouth shut. That wins. " Loose lips sink ships" is a WW2 saying.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

You will first have to learn to kick out!! lol

7. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ss...tml?utm_source=change_org&utm_medium=petition

article that someone else posted too.

Interestingly this kids name does not appear- but it seems as if the town is the ones who are trying to pass this....

Btw- John Weber from surf rider is a great guy, surfed with him back in the day.

Another interesting point- this Rudy kid tried to start his own petition about a half year ago... Only 50 ppl signed!

8. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    WORD; beware! give it 10 more years and if you don't have $ don't even think about living by coast. Read the signs. "For their viewing pleasure only!" Tax rates on oceanfront properties are going through the proverbial roof so in return, they will have it all come hell or high water. Our needs mean jack sh1t.

9. Ryan7

Ryan7 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Hot off the film reel and potential 2016 Swellinfo Movie of the Year Nominee:

https://vimeo.com/141483498

Went down to the beach just to get some perspective on the walk one would have to take if this absurd ordinance were to pass:

P1320725.jpg

Enjoy the preview,

Ryan

10. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Pure awesomeness!!!!!

11. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Haha! Ruby getting eatin alive today...tough day for the poor guy.

12. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Haha that's awesome Ryan! Thanks for the swellinfo all time movie of the year!

Btw- was that Rudy out there getting pitted???

13. Mattyb

Mattyb Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    By pump house? Hate those chimps. Signed it

14. Mattyb

Mattyb Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    God I hate deal

15. 732surfer

732surfer Member

Apr 28, 2012
    This is ludicrous. I cant believe someone has the audacity to try and make it illegal for people to park on the streets that they don't own, due to bull$$$$ reasons. Surfers and fisherman rely on beaches for their hobby and deal is a hot spot for both alliances. This is going to cause a riot in the surfrider foundation because they fought in court for the public access to all beaches as long as your a fisherman/surfer, but now that people have access to the beaches, these Deal Fu&ks are going to attempt at sealing off the streets for people to park on. Not happening. I'll rip out the signs from the ground if they put them in, and if they cement them, i'll tie a chain to a truck and rip it out of the sidewalk.

16. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Okay so now I have figured out what the little dude is really trying to do I think. Brad's post made it sound like he was trying to block public beach accesses. Now that others treads were merged I see that they are trying to restrict parking on the road and thus making it a long walk.

My only question is are the streets they want to restrict public or private roads? I ask because the roads in my neighborhood are "private" even though they are open to anyone to drive on or cut through. They are private because our HOA dues go to maintaining them. If the streets in question are public and tax dollars fix them then screw the little douche. If they are "private" and maintained by the HOA then not really much you can do to stop them.

17. cheese

cheese Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    There are still a lot of unanswered questions. Why is he running a surf camp if he obviously doesn't need the money? Is it really a surf camp or is that just a cover up for something more sinister? For anyone who plans to attend the town hall meeting here are some arguments I hope will help the cause:
    1. Deal is the most family friendly surfing environment in Monmouth county. More than anywhere else in nj, Deal is where you see little kids being taught how to surf by their dad or brothers (not saying surf moms don't exist I just haven't seen it myself)
    2. If kids drive to deal and go surfing after school, they are less likely to commit crimes. Their energy is spent surfing. There are stats that show most crimes committed by teenagers are between 3pm-7pm.

18. okjay

okjay New Member

Oct 4, 2015
  19. daeggman

daeggman Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2014
    its a real shame what they've done to deal i use to love long boarding the place , i feel it was one of the few places in the state that stayed soft with size and i didn't feel out of place with a longboard in the line up because everyone had one. now that's all gone but it's back for short boards kind of. now with more limited areas to surf the crowds are ridiculous, there were a couple pits out there last week but had to wait forever and now this

F**K YOU DEAL

20. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Beach access without parking is useless. It's an end-around to keeping beaches exclusive and semi-private. Sea Bright is a perfect example. But even in SB there is some limited parking available for non-residents. In Long Branch they took people's homes away in the name of eminent domain. In Sea Bright, they will not leverage eminent domain to acquire that vacant strip of sand between the road and the sea wall because... well... I really don't know. If they did, they could open up the beaches as a resource to thousands of people visiting from out of town. But apparently that's exactly what they don't want. It should be parking and amenities for tourists to take some of the property tax burden off the residents who pay a disproportionate amount of taxes to the local school district. They should take that property, put in bathrooms, showers, and water... allocate space for vendors to sell food and drinks, make every other beach a surfing beach, put guards on swimming beaches, give residents free beach passes, and charge the tourists for parking and beach tags. Why mandate public access (which isn't even regulated in Deal) and restrict parking? Makes no sense.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015