Help keep beach access public in New Jersey town

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by mongoloid, Oct 3, 2015.

1. stinkbug

stinkbug Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010

All public roads here. No private developments or HOA's.

2. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Okay, I was just wondering because my neighborhood made our streets private about 3 years after it was complete so that we could put up fancier poles for stop and other road signs but again our development is not private or gated. I thought maybe this group has done the same thing.

3. toofun

toofun Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Easy Barry your showing your age with that quote..... lol

4. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    battery op sawzall much quicker

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  5. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    I wondered the same thing myself

6. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    It makes total sense, to the rich folks on the beach. As was posted upthread - it's like Malibu - restriction is the goal so of course they don't want to expand access even for money. The state law mandates public access I think, not the town bylaws.

These people are ****s and should be stopped but how much do people here complain about spots being blown up and too many surfers at breaks, etc...? This is some rich kid with the same perspective and a weaselly way of getting what he wants.

7. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    Don't look like this is a new thing. Here is an article from 2011 talking about the same issue in Deal. I also found a Change.org page that Ruby started a couple of years ago when he petitioned the mayor for the same thing. Is it more apt to happen this time or something? I just spent the last hour reading all about how NJ charges for beach passes ($5-12 a day!!!), what the fuk is that about!?!? Here in NC there is a public access every 1/4 mile or less for the most part. Many of them are free even in the summer and no way in hell we would let someone charge us to walk on to the sand.

Like I have said before, Fuk NJ, The South rules all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. rcarter

Jul 26, 2009
    After reading the public access section of NJ's ordinance it says the town makes the law but it cannot interfere with the state law. In 20+ pages I only saw where the state law protects your right to walk on to the beach, it says nothing about a right to park close by. It even talks about how homeowners can have parking restricted on their streets in summer months. The ordinance dates back to 1982 and was written when NJ beach towns were passing laws banning non locals from their beaches. This was done away with during the 80's. Ironic that an ordinance passed during a time of trying to keep non residents from using the beach may now be used to keep locals from parking close to the break.

I hate to say it but it sounds like this kid has read up or been briefed and knows the law can allow him to have this passed. I hope you guys can show up in large enough numbers to convince the town not to allow it.

9. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

Sep 17, 2013
    I dont care if the parking ban is allowed....if Ruby the douche gets another set wave in NJ, THAT's a TRUE failure

this tool sersly runs a surf camp?

thats is a crime right there

10. jettyflea

jettyflea Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Even if it passes, this kids days surfing there are numbered. People will just cross the street and surf there. If he is there, any surfers will snake and drop in him. He has time to withdraw the ordinance. If he doesn't, it's pretty much a guarantee that he will not surf in Deal again. There are a lot of angry people out there and this can turn ugly. I'm not saying it should but I really don't see this kid surfing the area again if this passes. People will just enter the beach in LA and even walk up to these beaches. This kid is really ostracizing himself from the surf community he desperately wants to be a part of.

11. Whalerus2

Whalerus2 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    sriusly.....i gets teh ban an thoze K u n tz r aloud too kep posting? bs.

aslo i dont car aboot dis......pervent moar peepl frum cuming too try surfings. i wish all teh towns wud do it.

12. haolemc

haolemc Active Member

Dec 28, 2009
    you're right about whether the ordinance would be considered "legal."

the larger point is that the solution to this problem is not a legal solution, but a political one. show up on Friday morning, make noise (literal and figurative) show the mayor and the commissioners that there voices opposed to this ordinance than the few monied interests that are in favor of it. if that doesn't work, vote them out and demand those voted in repeal the ordinance.

it's not an easy political solution, but that's the way to block this action it or get it undone. if da hui was in deal, it would be a different story altogether, but this isn't the north shore.

13. Whalerus2

Whalerus2 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    ur rite...da hui wud b pushing dis in teh name of "native rites" or sum chit.

14. boogitym

boogitym Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
  15. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Sounds like PennsylJersey (AKA Duck/Corolla NC). North 12 no parking on streets South 12 beach accesses every couple of miles. This is an uphill battle against $$$$ (valiant effort though and I hope the local surfers prevail).

16. Ryan7

Ryan7 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2011
  17. NJ glide

NJ glide Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Carter, is your avatar a dude banging a sheep? I hope so....

18. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    BAMMMMM!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all my SI bruthas and sistas for steppin up and handling this crap. Ruby still gets no waves EVER!!!!! Yeeeeehhheeeehheeeehhhheewwwww!!!!!

19. jettyflea

jettyflea Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013