best wetsuite repair

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Sandblasters, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    i bought a 200$ 3/2 last year got 100% off. but behold to big holes in it because i left in my car, cant just throw away a bran new so whats the best wetsuite repair that has worked for yall. oh btw i dont look up old threads because im a doosh and idgaf. its the absolute worse when a new suiteee gets wreaked.

2. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Maybe take a different older suit, cut out some patches and glue them in.

3. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
  4. HoStevie

HoStevie Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    This works for small holes, but if you use too much it can irritate your skin because it's not soft/smooth when it cures.
    [video=youtube;2QKQIkgyZhk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QKQIkgyZhk[/video]

5. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
  6. crindlefish

crindlefish Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2015
  7. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    ^^^^
    This. If you actually read and follow the directions on the jar it works surprisingly well

8. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
  9. Agabinet

Agabinet Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    Dental floss and neoprene cement if you gotta sew. Made a bunch of water tight repairs that way.

10. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Did you do that around the neck hole, or somewhere else that gets a ton of stretch action getting in and out? I got a 1/2 tear on the neck of my mutant that I'm deciding wether her nor not to take needle and floss to

11. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Did this in two spots on my xcel 5 mil. Couldn't tell a difference!

12. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Plain old contact cement from the hardware store with a little black pigment added to the jar. Its the exact same stuff you'd pay $20 a jar for at a surf shop.

13. G-Wood117

G-Wood117 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2014
    here's a tip from your uncle GWood, if you use that aqua seal "M" wetsuit cement stuff put it right in the freezer when you are done and it won't harden up, wasting the rest of the tube.
    Oh and deos anybdyo kwon if tht tolene kemichal in aquaseal damages ur brian?

14. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Tolene is a carcinogen be carefule

15. Agabinet

Agabinet Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    Did it on the leg, just above the knee . . .

16. Mr.Belmar

Aug 19, 2010
    Before you try the needle and floss method- try the neoprene contact cement (the stuff shown on here in the metal jar) it's works wonders for a clean cut or tear- when you glue it as the directions specify it's seems Stronger then the rest of the suit.

17. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    I just did this to my suit...bought it used...will glue really work? It tore on the collar where it was stitched and glued. It would be awesome if glue would just work. I would be concerned about chafing with the glue and durability.