i am going to nyc (manhattan/midtown)

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by metard, Oct 27, 2015.

1. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    this won't be like my normal forays. i will have my wife and 10 yr old daughter. so doing a bunch of meth with a long haul trucker, murdering a hooker and dumping her body in the woods is out of the question.

here is the question though. anywhere we need to go? what should we avoid? tell me the deal or just a random story from your life, etc, whatever

2. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    the current plan is to see a play on Friday (wicked), hit the moma on Saturday, and fly back late sun

3. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Have you been before?

4. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Get a pastrami and rye why you are there.

5. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Midtown sucks, IMHO.

Add Guggenheim to your list.

9/11 memorial. Have to admit I got very emotional there. Previous to that visit the last time I was there I was at the restaurant at the top of the WTC having bloody marys and eating sushi. Was very surreal when I went back.

Go down to east village\greenwich\ area and walk, best part of NYC is walking around and exploring. Found some really cool stuff that way. Although a lot has changed since I was there last. From what I hear its much more cookie cutter these days.

Go to Lil Italy and get yelled at for mispronouncing Italian dishes by a crotchety old waiter. The food is worth it.

6. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    yes in 2004.

we stayed in the west village. we went on a double decker bus tour and crushed a six pack of tall boy budweiser's on the top deck. we eventually had to pee so we just randomly got off the bus and the tour guide was all pissy and wtf on us. when we went into a mcdonald's financial district to pee my sister got the wrong order and threw her cheeseburger at the girl behind the counter while cussing her.

it was fun

7. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    YO !! I'll be cruising thru mid-town on Friday.

Coming from Trenton to Penn Station and then have to walk to Grand Central.

8. HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI

HARDCORESHARTHUFFER-RI Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    smoked whitefish sandwich from one the Gods chosen peoples' deli

delish!

9. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Take the North Jersey Coast Line south. Get off at Belmar. Shred 23's

10. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I'd definitely say to to the Museum of Natural History...

11. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    I took a double decker tour through Harlem. Lots of black men mooned us...

12. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Grab a slice of pizza. Grab a hot pretzel.

The nice thing about NY is you can just walk around and soak it all in. Washington square park is right by there.

The intrepid is cool if youre into aviation.

Street proforms.

MCSORELYS

Keep your phone charged. Use the train icon in google maps to easily figure out the subway.

Hit a cheap show. Pretend to go to the bathroom and chug some beers.

13. boogitym

boogitym Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011

Surf jersey friday.

Avoid time square.

Go ice skating in time square... Just not at night cuz its a ****show.

Walking the village is whats up.

Hit up artichoke pizza on 14th

Eat hot dogs at greys papaya

Buy mets jerseys and give hi fives

Dont " see a show". Bad move unless its the south park mormon thing

Elmo in time square is not cute.. He is drunk and will fluffy hand fondle your daughter

Best bet is walk around ... Walk 5 miles til your feet hurt then find a funky local bar that isnt too bad for the kid and have a drink... Drink some six point resin or southern tier unearthly on tap

If u really have a death wish take the girl to the american doll store... Its everything u think it is

Side note... Stay in weehawkin nj at hotel overlooking nyc skyline then take water taxi to nyc

Oh yeah also go to mario batale eataly

I got a delivery guys # if all else fails... Edibles green u name it

14. Riley Martin

Riley Martin Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Yo Retard, meet me up at the Blarney Stone Pub. It's on 8th Ave near 31st

Near Penn Station.....

I'll be there around 1:00 pm.

Bring some pills.

If I was a moron, I'd ax you to bring fireworks.

But I'm not a moron so I won't ax you to bring fireworks.

My pal Harris went to South Carolina the other week for some dude's wedding that used to live in our old NJ hood. Summerville or Summer something....

Of course being a moron, he bought fireworks on the way home.

He's 43 and is going to light firecrackers and bottle rockets.

Wow. Some people are just easily amused.

15. garbanzobean

garbanzobean Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Gotta say thanks for the tips. My ole lady loves NYC as do all women I reckon. Southern women in particular for some reason. Wanted to get her up there as a B-day gift soon and this helped. Only thing I could come up with that I wanted to do was pose on Rockaway like Johnny Ramone with my old single fin and then hit a sesh in memoriam. OK to spit Beechnut up there without a cup? Cool to carry my old .45?

16. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Don't carry, and be very careful where you puff

17. JawnDoeski

JawnDoeski Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Man all youz got responses like you never leave the Joisey Town you reside...afeared of big city...bet

Bubz is over here recommending locales like a tourista organizer...Bubz how often do you leave Point dawg

18. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I am happy to hear you are "family oriented" in your travels. Hopefully, you will have a great time. Make it an awesome trip for your daughter--she will honor you forever if you do!!!
    Have fun, man....and don't do anything Riley suggests....fraught with danger.

19. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014

o barry

20. Aaronious

Aaronious New Member

Nov 12, 2012
    If it is nice out, take a walk down the high line. They've converted an abandoned raised train rail into a pretty dope walking path down the west side of Manhattan... If it is too nice out it can get crazy crowded. Also, I always tell people who aren't very familiar with New York to do one of the circle line boat tours, it's touristy and seems cheesy, but it's a good, easy, and chill way to take in the whole city.

Oh, if you are here this weekend, there are a couple events to be aware of that you might want to check out or avoid: Saturday evening is the Halloween parade, it gets insanely crowded. And on Sunday there is the nyc marathon, which can also make it tricky to get places. Enjoy the big chitty!