what will you do if trump becomes president?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by cepriano, Dec 14, 2015.

1. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  2. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    NPA - no party affiliation

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

3. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    I'm her cabana boy, but I'm sure she'd like to trade up for a newer model.

4. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014

Ain' that the truth!

5. pinkstink

pinkstink Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    you're a good man charlie brown

6. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I think it is telling that Republican candidates are no longer talking about Obama's "failed economic policies", the economy has been ticking along quite nicely thank you. All they have left to grouse about are his failed Middle-East policies, which to be fair, everyone has failed at for the past 60 years.

7. pinkstink

pinkstink Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    I appreciate your consistency Barry

8. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

2% GDP is hardly "ticking along quite nicely". It is very poor performance. Consider where it should be with the cost of energy as low as it has been the last year. Should be 3-4 %. Reason--taxes; especially corporate. Way too high.

9. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    really thought low energy prices would have equated to more consumer spending but I think everyone is so straddled in debt or too scared to spend after coming out of corporate bailout times

10. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    o barry

o bagus

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Corporations, other than banks and a few very large insurance companies, were not "bailed out". Mostly banks-large ones. If they had not been bailed out, americans would have lost their deposits, as the FDIC did not have sufficient funds to reimburse savers. FDIC was almost broke for a short bit. It is good news to see the FED start raising prime rates; it was wayyyy overdue.

12. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    People believe what they hear in media outlets. It's sad. Same people who only took 5 second edit of a longer quote of Trump. It does go both ways and the media is really ****ing with all of us. People tend to believe the media when it's against the "evil party or person" they are against. Otherwise, it's all bs.

13. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    ioliam

voting records are good to look at too

14. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
    I do agree with you here. We have military bases all over the world. Bring them home and protect our country/borders, we are bankrupt.

15. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
    Definitely true but most people in this country are using a shoehorn to get into their fat pants and buy another big mac or check out the latest with the kardashians. The really dump people are people who just stand with their "party" because that is what they always do. They defend their party candidates even though they were bought/paid for a long time ago. I still can't believe that people just don't vote for who they think is best. They just vote for whatever dip**** is running for their party. It's sad.

I won't vote for Trump but I do like that issues he has talked about (illegal not legal immigration) are being discussed and politicians see a lot of people agreeing with a wall and deportations. This might actually make some politicians do something about the problem.

I did like that crazy cat Ron Paul especially in regards to ending our military presence/protecting our borders and he is spot on about the economy. The crazy thing is that I think anyone on this website would **** things up less than anyone who may become president.

16. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
    Oh ****. Watch out. It's coming. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkISZGzyJ_M

17. bennysgohome

Nov 13, 2009
    Are you saying the FDIC wouldn't reimburse account holders if a bank failed? That is the purpose of the FDIC. It's scary to think that they don't have sufficient funds because things we get pretty violent if the FDIC wasn't insuring people's life savings and they disappeared after a bank fail. Sounds like it's time to put it in the mattress. It's not like you are getting any profit with saving accounts.

18. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I have to agree with ole'barry here.

Also, Independent voters tend to vote more partisan than anyone. Everyone comes down on one side or the other on issues. Question is, who you going to vote for as an independent? All 7 independents may vote differently based on their beliefs (hence the label). This is why an independent party has not formed with any potency. Saying your Independent is almost cliche' these days b/c the two parties are such an embarrassment to their respective constituents. I don't know, I am not registered as a "republican" but if you added it all up I am right of center (but have voted for a dem before). I would suspect that each Independent would fall somewhere around center. Furthermore, Independent may mean I am not interested in voting or I vote for the person/issue. Such a broad and meaningless title in politics....whatever.

19. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

True. And yes, the FDIC was running OUT of funds 2008-9. Savers would have lost all their funds had the banks not been bailed. Frankly, that was the PRIME reason for the bailout, although it was kept quiet because the government did not want all of us to know how badly under-funded FDIC was. They still are under-funded today.

20. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Ford refused all bailouts. They survived on their own, and are doing fine without your help.