quick hit

Discussion in 'Weather and Surf Forecasting' started by JayD, Jan 15, 2016.

1. HD4

HD4 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Was a Really nice day at the end of my street. Waves set up nicely surprised at the SIZE of some sneakers that came through

2. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    Nice shot Ryan, certainly does it justice! Incredible January day. Simply orders of magnitude better than what I expected (West wind is usually sh*t for us).

HD4, you ain't kiddin about those sneakers. I got absolutely obliterated by one. Ripped my bootie half off. And right when I reached the surface, its big brother mowed me down before I got a full breath in.

3. HD4

HD4 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Ha yep was de- hooded couple times this old man ain't used to that .

4. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I wasn't too optimistic on this swell, but then I saw all your reports from down south, and bada-bing, a nice clean swell filled in to New England today.

5. donalddemon

donalddemon Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I got it around 1:00 in Deal, MoCo. Epic waves, as good as it gets here. Got absolutely decimated on a few of those sneaker sets too! Couldn't believe the size of some of those beasts

6. Ryan7

Ryan7 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2011
    More size to come, Euro/GFS in good agreement on this one:

gfs_pres_5e.jpg ecmwf_500p_6d.jpg

small peeler left over this morning:

P1360133.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  7. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    So many made barrels yesterday.

8. Clowns-r-Us

Clowns-r-Us Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    OC Md was pretty sick on sat. Very good size, great conditions. The ocean decided to make a clown out of me again (definitely got schlam-hammered by some growlers), but also had some great rides.

9. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    It really was...perfect wind, warm sun, enough size to keep you on your toes but not so big where OC gets truly punishing and it starts to hold you back. Here are two more pics from Saturday morning..showing off how a-framey it was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I'm digging the forecast....another quick hit

11. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Mitch... you guys seem to have favorable winds often. Your pics really show some solid swell with excellent conditions. The majority of the time we're usually dealing with either less than ideal wind direction or swell direction. Although it does come together, it doesn't seem to do so as frequently as down your way.

Oh... and the guy in the first pic should have gone right!

12. Clowns-r-Us

Clowns-r-Us Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    You said it Mitch. Drifted down the beach a couple times, actually got hot walking back up with that "blazing" sun. And the period made it manageable, on occasion I was able to paddle out without a single duck dive. Overall a really good day. True to form, there was a mini snow storm on sunday and much colder temps, with less cooperative winds. It was as if saturday was all a dream or illusion, but thankfully it was very real, and very fun. Great pics btw.