The snow low

Discussion in 'Weather and Surf Forecasting' started by JayD, Jan 20, 2016.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Gotcha, well it sounds like you've made up your mind dude, stay warm!

2. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Oh no still haven't made up my mind haha. Just debating on where to go. Feels good to have options on where to go to get waves for once

3. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Dude, getting to Jersey for this swell could be a logistical nightmare. I like your stoke but if there is 20" of snow between here and there...

Eastern Shore may be a good call depending on bridge tunnel....

4. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Worde... And I don't think this is going to be a good one for us in NJ... Swell will be dropping super quick by the time the wind is manageable.

I'm more psyched to get the boy out in the snow. He's never seen snow, so it should be funny. Got a little sled to strap him in and drag him around.

5. 252surfer

252surfer Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    yea tom's cove could be going off if it's not under water...

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

You, sir, are a good man!!
    Wish my girl was young again!! Was huge amount of fun and I miss those days.
    BTW, I guess those condoms you bought at the CVS 5 blocks away, had holes in them??

7. shaunfig

shaunfig Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    [video]HTTPS://youtu.be/8_t4QZiBtfk[/video]
    Massive waves he called it

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  8. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    #9/12

Think this one will be more about playing in the snow with Phin for me too. MAybe a nice snowshoe woods hike.

9. mrz1

mrz1 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    belmar will be pumping. It will be offshore Sat and Sunday, plus you can fly right into the Belmar Airport, it should be nice and clear

10. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Dunno, I like this set-up, we are north of the chaos, a lot of swell coming, and light offshores rather than the usual pellets in the face Nor-Easter that make you earn your stripes.

11. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Haha... They worked when they were needed. It was hard to tell if all them super models had STDs, so I always bagged it.

12. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Conansluts.jpg

13. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Use more lube. ;)

14. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    It now looks like mostly rain, maybe some mix, and some coastal flooding here (VB). We'll see.
    I tend not to put too much faith in some of these weather-casters.
    My Mom, on the other hand (she's 82), is glued to the Weather Channel (or Fox News) and like Chicken Little when it comes to the weather. Always worrying. Lives in fear. A snowflake, raindrop, or a random dark cloud is a harbinger of doom.

15. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
  16. EMazzSpicoli

EMazzSpicoli Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2015
    But no wahine on tap??? Bro, do you even hibernate?

Seriously though, you cats are really putting up with another winter? Please. Doesn't make you soft to leave, just smart. I got stoked today in Ventura in a 2/2 SS full suit.

btw seldomme, nice worke on the ten grande postes!

17. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Weathercasters' first job is to entertain. Attract more viewers.

Like Proximo in the movie Gladiator:

Maximus: Do you remember what it was to have trust, Proximo?
    Proximo: Trust? Who am I to trust?
    Maximus: I will kill Commodus.
    Proximo: Why do I want that. He makes me rich. Oh I…I know that you are a man of your word, General. I know that you would die for honor. You would die for Rome. You would die for the memory of your ancestors. But I on the other hand, I am an entertainer

18. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Are you a descendant of J. Edgar Hoover??

19. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    So says the guy who used to brag about picking up surfing in February and taking cold showers all winter....

As for the snowlow; Snowfall has waned somewhat- swell shouldn't be too crazy in the afternoon, but we'll see. Looking like it could be a repeat of last Saturday! Could be wildly good.

20. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Sunday is looking real good for you!