Used Surfboards

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by PatSayJack, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Can you haggle on the price on this site? Rad, how is that Robert's still workin out for ya?

2. raddadbrad

raddadbrad Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Roberts is Friggin awesome for the heavy winter waves but a needed something for the spring and summer swells. And yes you can haggle.

3. PatSayJack

PatSayJack Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for taking the survey and not ragging on me too hard about posting something like this in here. Appreciate it so much, and all of the info will definitely help us to make a better used board buying process for all parties (surf shops and buyers). Again, thanks everyone!

4. PatSayJack

Aug 20, 2008
    Thanks man! We are going to be expanding quickly within the next six months. If you know of any surf shops in your area that would be down to throw their used board inventory onto Boardgrab, just PM me with some details and what not. Our main focus at the moment is to catalog as many surf shop used board inventories as possible.

5. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010

Didn't get burned- just seems to good to be true... So I gotta ask!

#thanksBrad

6. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenlight surf shop outta Manasquan NJ although they are usually new boards- but custome. so maybe get a few on their.

also inlet outlet in Manasquan. in the past I remember they had a basement full of used boards, but that was a few years ago.

maybe ask ihatelongboarders on here- they claim to work or have worked at eastern lines in BELMAR

7. hondatechcr

hondatechcr Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2014
    How do you value the borts? I got a couple I need to let go of but not sure on a fair price. Looked on the internets but have never found anything resembling a general value guide, I know what I paid for them but I have fixed all the previous owners neglects and feel they are worth more now. How do you value your boards when selling?

8. barreldodger69

barreldodger69 Active Member

Oct 21, 2012

I sold my Dwart on there which was pretty banged up for $250. Sold in 2-3 weeks last month

9. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    Yo yo bouys I hope you all enjoy the same as I yesterday, it was sick. Just an update on my motorboat purchase from Boardgrab . Smooth as butter the price was lowered to cover shipping and the board is in excellent condition as they claimed 20160205_165202.jpg 20160205_165202.jpg

10. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    'How about clueless for 100, alex'

11. hondatechcr

Nov 4, 2014
    I prefer le tits now for 100

12. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    To speak for my hard earned friend Yankee!! The board is value at what the value is to you, don't be a selfish D ick when sellING a board that no longer has value to you. Let it go for a generouse price to pass the stoke bro.... # keepitrealupinthefeild

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  13. hondatechcr

Nov 4, 2014
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks

14. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    ^^ words of wisdom, sparky, heed Brad's stoke

15. barreldodger69

barreldodger69 Active Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Hook me up with that 60's longboard D fin :cool: theres gotta be a customer rewards program somewhere in there haha

16. chicharronne

chicharronne Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2006
    fug dat. we want free schitt!!!

17. portagee123

portagee123 New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Hey everyone first post....so go easy on my por-ta-gee ass and no I am not affiliated with the other guy who posted about where to find waves. I wanted to let you guys know of my experience with boardgrab. I went on their website to check out some of their boards and found one that I wanted, it was a 5'6" Dreamcatcher by Roberts. I clicked "grab board" on their website and boom, I was contacted and I went back and forth with the main guy. Long story short, I paid the guy through venmo and received the board 4 days later. The board came in great shape (no fins) and I am happy with the purchase. I know someone said that you can haggle with the guy, but that didn't happen to me because it wasn't an option. Hope this was helpful.

Yours truly,

Chourico in the can

18. raddadbrad

Jan 10, 2015
    20160326_105526.jpg Check out how RAD the boyz at Boardgrab are!! It's been months since I purchased my motorboat and out of no where they fire off a sweet t-shirt and a hand full of sticker. #ilovefreesh!t #supportthecause #goshopandfindyournextsledz

19. PatSayJack

Aug 20, 2008
    Stoked you like the board! Thanks for the kind words and support!

20. PatSayJack

Aug 20, 2008
    Brad, you are the raddest. Thanks for the support!