Surf Wax

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by cleavland steamer, Feb 3, 2016.

1. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Sticky bumps only. Tropical until the water gets below 50. I used to do a base of tropical to get good bumps and put a little cold on top but when I lay on the board the cold warms up and gets all smeary.

Sex wax is absolute crap.

I was looking at some cork top mayhem shapes last time is was in CA. So cool but $700+ for a board is out of rach for me atm.

2. ioman2

ioman2 Active Member

Oct 28, 2013
    mrs. palmers cold, year round.

i was on the west coast and wax was $2.50 a bar on the oc so i ordered case and keep it in the van. my local surf shop doesn't make any money on wax so i figure i'm helping them out by not buying any from them.

3. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    Gave Palmers a try a few years ago and haven't looked back since. If I can't find any, sticky bumps is the next best. Famous is absolute garbage...got a few bars thrown in with my last custom board. First time I ever tried it, it was so soft (cool water wax on a 50 degree day) it just smeared on the board- ended up making a huge mess. I threw the remaining bars away. Oddly enough, I've never used sex wax and I've been surfing for a little over 20 years.

4. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    the local shop was going to give me like 10 bars all they had i had to reject free wax insane? but if everyone says its crap then its probably crap.

5. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Famous does suck, confirmed. Started out ok and then like he said, it turned into a sloppy mess

6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

And that is why it is famous!!

7. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Or should we say Infamous?

8. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Not according to Frankie...

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    HA! You love you some Frankie huh? Never really checked him out, kinda scares me lol

10. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I think your fettish over "Frankie" is somewhat pathological. Very strange.
    Is it that you are just a fan of his, or something more "profound"?

o seldom