PR: Aggro

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by pickles, Mar 22, 2016.

1. pickles

pickles Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Just got back from a trip to Rincon and the tension was worse than ever. A tourista dropped in on one of the locals and then mouthed off to him. So the local paddled over and punched the tourist and told him to get out of the water and not come back. When the vacationer refused the local said he was going to come back out and he better not be in the water when he gets there. The local paddled in to the shore and went to his car and switched out his short board for a long board. Then he came paddling back out to the line up and pulled out a selfie stick with the end cracked off and a hook on it. He was swinging it and chasing the tourist out of the line up back to the shore yelling at him. Bad vibes down there in the water.

2. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

3. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
  4. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Bringing aggro to La Isla del Encanto is a no no.
    Touristo *** deserved it.
    I being a gringo woulda helped the local.

5. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    F A G is blocked on here? Fukin COCK!!!!!

6. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Rincon is a big place... where were you?

7. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Was the tourista at least sporting the latest in bortshort fashionne?

8. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Ah....home, sweet, home!!!
    This could be the start of something good!!
    It was only a matter of time.......

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

lol....good one.

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I'm surprise actually, never seen anything like this happen when I've been down there. Not saying it can't or doesn't happen, but i'm curious how serious this story is.

11. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Seen it recently before, on the beach. As you know, there are a lot of loose dogs around (they are called "satos" by locals). An American surfer exited the water, stepped on the tail of a sleeping dog. The dog turned and nipped him. The surfer picked the dog up and slammed the dog down on the shoreline reef; then he repeated the slam. All the locals (hispanics, not the "mericans living there) jumped the guy and beat the **** out of him, deservedly so. Sent him to the hospital with a few lacerations.

12. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    At Maria's? Tell me it wasn't the little dog owned by the people at Calypso.

13. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Right in front of the sea grape trees at Marias.
    BTW, most of the hispanics hate the Calypso; they see it as a gathering point for american surfing tourists.
    They call the place "La Mierda".......

14. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I usually see their dog down there trying to get all the male dogs to f*ck her lol Probably one of those other dogs, but yeah, that guy deserved it for doing all that. I'm sure the local hispanics don't like the tourist traps anymore than we do here, ya know? We always make friends with the locals wherever we go though, I guess it all depends how you carry yourself.

15. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

True, being polite to those who are leary of us is the right thing to do. I am lucky--because I grew up there, I learned spanish on the streets; it helps me a lot (even in Costa Rica, despite small difference in accent). The disposition changes in PR the minute I speak to them in their "speak". I wish I knew hawaiian, Malaysian, Indonesian, etc, etc.....

16. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
  17. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  18. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I know very little spanish, more like spanglish, my wife is nearly fluent and has more of a spanish look to her (she's Honduran, Native Indian, Black, & White) so I lean on her when I don't know what is being said. I get a little better each time down. Rusty day one but by the end of the stay i'm speaking it pretty good lol

19. pickles

pickles Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2014
    This is a 100% true story, I saw it happen about 50 feet away from me. It was very loud and everyone in the crowded lineup saw what happened. Even the other locals said they have never seen anything that bad happen in the water.

20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    That's crazy. So was this Maria's or Domes?