who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

It was a mermaid lusting for you, Emazz.

2. EMazzSpicoli

EMazzSpicoli Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Bro. It was creepy. And there's no way it got caught on a rock underneath because there weren't any. Plus, when I felt the first pull I was basically static in the non-turbulent water in between sets.

Who else has had a run in with nature of this sorte?

3. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    the gnome works in mysterious ways, spicoli

4. EMazzSpicoli

EMazzSpicoli Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2015
    haha!!!! that bastard. Thought I saw a grey-haired snorkeler-huffer walking off the beach at sunset surrounded by twelve people...

5. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    That was just Wayne tugging on a another boy's "leash"

6. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Sunday I was surfing at mid-tide and I ran over... something... I had done properre sand reconne but thought maybe I hit a sand bar and I jumped off my board before I tore off a fin. I was in waist deep water. Could of been any type of fish but it had to have some size to it.

7. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Could've been a taco

8. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Coulda been a taco with a tattoo. Maybe a scary neck tattoo and ready to toss your shlt in the water.

9. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    Nothing says "get off my beach" louder than a fat SIDS tat on the belly tho. I see that - I'm out, fck it

10. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Man, I never thought of that! Maybe It was a tatted up SIDS taco with a Prince Albert. Sheesh... The Ocean is a scary mysterious place!

11. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    But...but...SharkHunter says Malibu is a reef with sand-covered rock!!! And we all know what an expert he is...

12. Speed Bump

Speed Bump Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Dang, it's been a great spring! After a bunch of winter maulings at **r**d, it's nice to have some south swells back. Been surfing 3-4 days a week for the past few weeks. Today it was onshore, and it's my first day dry in a while. The sand is back and **s* is lighting up!

13. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Where you at, HB?

14. Towelie

Nov 27, 2014
    google maps for **r**d and **s* ...results 0. wtf u liar... :cool:

15. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Dude you're starting to scare me and I think I like it.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  16. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    I got it gooood. Finally. Shoulder high barrells. Lots of neat stuff. To tired to regurgitate the details, but it was magic, erased the tragic, became the board, lost the board, got the board, surfed the board, and the wave, got barrelled, did some cutbacks, on the long board, the wrong board, it was glassy, my step is sassy, tequila de maya, be hurtin minyana.

17. Radderbsurfin

Radderbsurfin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I scored as well yesterday after work. Was reel fun down in south broward. Chest hi looooong fun lines!

18. Valhallalla

Jan 24, 2013
    Oh yeah, that was fun! Only caught the last hour or so before dark cuz I got hung up in I-95 traffic getting to the beach. Even with the high tide I got a dozen solid rides on some very clean liners. We don't often get it good down here but when we do it's wonderful.

19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    It's that North swell sneaking down there and completely missing us, for a change. Glad youse guys got some down there! Looking at mostly flatness here for a few.

20. Valhallalla

Jan 24, 2013
    Yep, it's all aboot the swell angle down here. Very narrow window. Sometimes it skips by us too and hits south beach instead.

And the flatness, ugh. Quite disappointed with what I see on the cam this am. Was hoping the swell would stick around for at least part of today.