7'6" Proctor Monsta Chief FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by 2FUN, May 31, 2016.

1. 2FUN

2FUN Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    SOLD!!!!:cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I did a 6'4 version of one, and it's awesome.

3. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
    1100 for a surfboard is idiotic

4. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    i only buy roy stuart boards spend about 100k everytime.

5. 2FUN

2FUN Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    Well lucky for you and for everyone else on this forum, this board is for $700!! QUALITY HAND SHAPED board with Proxy Epoxy which is 5 times stronger than off the rack crap and 10x better!! I hate idiots that chime in with worthless comments....

6. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Dude, no offense but nobody with a brain is going to pay $700 for a used board. You're the one who paid $1,100 so you're going to have to live with the loss unfortunately. My suggestion is drop that bad boy to $495 and you might have some luck.

7. ScobeyviIIe

Nov 3, 2015
    http://proctorsurfboards.net/modern-mechanics-board-making/

Excerpt from Proctors website:
    These days the question of machine-shaped boards not having as much “soul” as a handmade board is nearly a dead issue, as just about every top-name builder uses a machine in some capacity. “Using a machine isn’t as pure as hand-shaping a board,” says Lost’s Matt Biolos. “But it’s a lot more detail driven. It helps us see numbers and patterns that would otherwise go unnoticed. You couldn’t keep up with the technical demands of surfers nowadays doing all your boards by hand.”

8. 2FUN

2FUN Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    No offense taken but to be honest it is only 1 season old. I dont expect to get full price for it, I dont even expect to get close to it, BUT speaking from experience this board is perfect for the older bigger guy 200-260 who doesnt want to be doomed to a LONGBOARD or one of those crappy fun boards that are DOGS in the water either. Todd Proctor makes GREAT boards so for the BIGGER GUY who is looking to get back into surfing or that bored Long Boarder who wants to UP his performance but still wants something that will float him while performing, this board is PERFECT! But for the skinny weak, wafey, typical surfer dudes that are 5' nothing" 140 lbs you are right, noone is gonna pay that cause there are plenty of boards out there they can ride for a lot less. Specialized board for a specialized person.

I already have a shop that will give me $600 for it in Trade towards another board.They said the same thing I did, that it would be perfect for the bigger guy looking to get off his FART LOG... If I dont sell it here that is what I am gonna do, so $495 is definatley out for this kind of board used or not. Hell it is is such good condition I could strip the wax off of it and sell it as BRAND NEW if I want to be dishonest it is in that good of condition.

9. salt

salt Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    I am pretty sure I could use this as a performance type of SUP. Holy thickness, BRAHHH.

10. 2FUN

2FUN Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    LOL This one was HAND MADE, NO MACHINE....... I had a friend of mine stop in at different stages when he was working on it.... Dude whats your problem anyways? If you dont like the board then thats fine but why are you crapping all over the post?

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Sigh.... take the $600 in trade, best offer you're going to get most likely. Those who know can get a brand new board shaped by another shaper of equal skill or even better for $600 for the EXACT same thing, if not better quality.

12. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Agreed on the price... But Proctor is one of the best shaper's out there IMO

13. garbanzobean

garbanzobean Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Question: Is a CNC milled blank classified as a handshape now? If I am not mistaken Todd Proctor owns a milling machine and loves it but I was wondering if he actually did bust out the saw and planer just for you. Is a handshape more valuable than a computer numerically controlled shape?

14. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Those that like his boards, are they known as proctologists??

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I'm sure he is, but $1,100 is a rip off, I don't care how good he is. Sorry to break it to ya 2FUN, but he took you for a ride.

16. ScobeyviIIe

Nov 3, 2015
    I'm just busting your balls. But I am keeping your post at the top of the heap.
    No, "thank you" needed ;)

17. 2FUN

2FUN Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    Thank you! I'll tell ya what, just cause Im a good guy Ill let you have it for 750!

18. ScobeyviIIe

Nov 3, 2015
    Sold! Just kidding, I only buy machine shaped boards ;)

19. 2FUN

2FUN Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    Well I have that option, but also have it out on a few sites. People thought I was crazy to sell my JBLAIR board that was a very big boy at 7'10x24 1/2x 3 3/4 but it sold and I got really good money for it. The guy I sold it to loves it and still is riding it today over his long board.

I will keep you updated on the progress of it and give it a couple of weeks. If it doesnt sell then I will take the other option! I've got nothing to lose!!

20. 2FUN

2FUN Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    lol!