UFC 199 - Rockhold vs Bisping 2

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Jun 2, 2016.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Anybody watching this one? Who you got winning?

Champion Luke Rockhold vs. #4 Michael Bisping 2 for the Middleweight Title

Champion Dominic Cruz vs. #2 Urijah Faber for the Bantamweight Title

#4 Max Holloway vs. #5 Ricardo Lamas lightweight fight (winner may get title shot or next in line)

Legend and Future Hall of Famer #15 Dan Henderson (45 years old) vs. #14 Hector Lombard

And a Crowd Favorite, Clay Guida "The Carpenter" aka Caveman is fighting #12 Brian Ortega

There are other fights, but these are the main ones i'm interested in.

For the entire fight card, go to: http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC-199#/fight

2. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Any Santa Cruz surfers out there that knows Luke Rockhold personally or seen him in the water? Does he surf as good as he can fight?

3. Iggy

Iggy Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Luke Rockhold will knock out Bisping probably in the first or second round. Bisping is not the same fighter that he used to be.

Dominic Cruz will beat Faber but the fight will probably go the distance. This one will be a good fight to watch.

4. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    One of the greatest knockouts I've ever seen was when Hendo H Bombed him and finished him off with a diving bomb to the face for good measure. Dan said it was to "shut him up" HAHAHA. Man that was poetic. I use to dislike Bisping but he grew on me over time and I'm kinda routing for him in this one, although I see Luke kicking his head off his shoulders.

Cruz has had an amazing comeback from all his injuries, to fight at the level he is at this stage in his career is nothing short of amazing. I use to like Faber but his butt chin got on my nerves after a while and I'm not a big fan of his any longer, so i'm pulling for Cruz now, which a few years ago I never would have done. Funny how time changes things.

5. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Rockhold is going to SMASH Bisping. I don't think it will get out of the 1st round.

6. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    On paper that's the way it looks, but I just hope it's competitive to get my money's worth.

7. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I do too. I just see no chance of it being competitive. Rockhold is the real deal.

8. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Oh he's legit, I just hope he doesn't get popped for PED's though, he's built like a brick sh*t house, not an ounce of fat on his body. Bisping I feel is clean and has overachieved in his career.

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    LOL Nope, sorry, I buy the PPV's, i'm sure you can search around and fine one though

10. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Not sure what you mean, but hope you enjoy the fights

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Gotcha, yeah haven't seen too many of those lately, maybe ole Austin is doing his job?

12. CDsurf

CDsurf Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    His brother Matt, shreds. Im sure he is pretty decent growing up in santa cruz

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I saw this a while back leading up to one of his fights, pretty cool how he uses surfing / skating to help with his fighting, not many fighters can say that.

[video=youtube;Lb44A_x6joc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb44A_x6joc[/video]

14. CDsurf

CDsurf Well-Known Member

May 10, 2014
    cool. He has nice style on his backhand, especially for a bigger guy.

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yup, and he's definitely not the guy you want to beef with if he drops in on you or vice versus lol

16. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Yeah, I usually make it a habit to not give beef to guys that have cauliflower ears, flattened noses or numerous facial scars...kinda gives it away.

Luke looks to be a pretty darn good surfer...respect

17. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    LOL For sure, all of it

18. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Uh oh...

"Luke Rockhold fighting at UFC 199 with torn MCL, will whoop Michael Bisping's ass anyway"

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/6/3/11...199-torn-mcl-whoop-michael-bisping-anyway-mma

"I've been dealing with a knee injury. I'm not gonna lie. This whole camp, but I don't pull out of fights. I fight through injuries. I don't care what the circumstances are. I tore my MCL. I haven't grappled this whole camp. I just started kicking last week. I don't need a knee. I don't even need to walk. I'll crawl in that cage and I'll still whoop your ass. Watch."

19. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Seems pretty stupid to give up that info before the fight... He'll whoop his ass anyway, but still seems stupid

20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Was thinking the same thing. Bizzy's chances just went up, unless it's a lie to sell more PPV's because most think it's a lopsided matchup and may not be buying the PPV. We'll see soon enough how true it is.