FB shark attack

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by LazyE, Jun 8, 2016.

1. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    u do know great whites prefer cold water right?seriously,not making that up lol.end of the day they live there.if a burglar broke into ur house and u killed them,sshould u be at fault?

#sharklivesmatter

2. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    wrong!

3. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Whites pass through here constantly on their way to Nova Scotia you kook..they get bizz and lay eggs in the St. John estuary.....it's only a matter of time until the seal population migrates north in the gulf and the grey wetsuites follow...it's also only a matter of time until the seals figure out that they don't have to shyte all over a national seashore - they can do it anywhere because they are protected from the worst systematic apex predator...only thing is the North Atlantic Gulf Stream makes a hard right at the cape (which is really why all the wlidlife is there in the first place...abundance of food flowing north)

There are also blues and lemons and sand tigers

If you have anything to rejoice about its that there hasn't been a documents bull or tiger...those fokers are diks

I swear, sometimes it's as if some people are stuck in 1991 with dial up connections with no google

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  4. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    its not a question of IF a New Englander is gonna die but more of a When! A white knocked those chicas off their kayak last year in Plymouth! that's 60 miles north of Chatham! that shark was spotted north near Marshfield also! I posted last year that photo of that white having breakfast on a seal at Coast guard beach, I was 200 feet away and the paddle in was frightening! x-tra cleaning of my suite that day! went back 2 weeks later to get back on the horse, wasn't easy! fugg em! you have a better chance of dying in your car during the hour and half ride! fact.

5. your pier

Dec 2, 2013
    Word

When that spidey sense get tingling though it's hard to turn it off

Went out the other night until sunset (mistake one)

It was oddly warm, partially due to the heavy rain we had the night before

The water was dark brown

The feeder fish were jumping on the inside

Felt uncomfortable the whole session, but I thought, hey, at least I'm not in new Smyrna!

6. Moon dog

Moon dog Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    That Facebook shark attack looked faked. Old de-laminated board no bite Marks! But if it keeps any wannabe out of the water more for us!

7. frost

frost Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Less than a month ago I was floating on my bodyboard waiting /looking for the next wave and less than 3 feet in front of my eyes at water level a grey shark fin emerged it was within arm distance have no idea what kind it was but didn't stick around to find out was only one sup out and 2 kids on boogie boards I told the sup guy he just continued on told the kids as I was coming out they looked at me like I was crazy so I went to their parents said there's about a 5ft shark where I was a few minutes ago You might want to tell your kids to take a break for a few they looked at me and said they don't look like they want to take a break.
    There are more sharks and will continue to be more sharks in s Carolina due to our DNR ancient limitations on fishing them one per vessel per day is pretty slim imo

8. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    White sharks give live birth. They do not lay eggs in the St. John estuary.

I don't think Lemon's get that far north. They stay in warm water

Tigers are absolutely in New England. They are caught in tournaments every year... A few years ago a gut (famously) caught a giant tiger , during a tourney, but got in too late so he didn't win.

9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I miss those days when my daughter was young. But she is expecting now, so I will get to do the same with my grand-daughter (we know it is a girl we are all expecting).
    Life is good right now. Hope it continues as such for all of us.

10. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    A Frost Sighting! These are becoming more rare than shark attacks!
    Glad you made an appearance. Although you sometimes get your sh!t thrown metaphorically into the water, everyone misses your grom-like stoke!

11. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    frost lives!!!!!

12. your pier

Dec 2, 2013
    U r harshening my interwebs researche

13. your pier

Dec 2, 2013
    Fixed it for you

14. your pier

Dec 2, 2013
  15. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Hear! Hear! Don't be such a stranger frost. Your legendary status at SI is secure.

16. nynj

nynj Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Exactly... If anyone gets bit its actually their fault. Especially now that the Medina Samsung Interweb Boart is available

17. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    That's pretty wild that the shark was in 2' of water, Frostini - - cause you still don't paddle out over your head, being unable to swim, correcto...? :rolleyes:

18. 2FUN

2FUN Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    Farq that... you are all talking about incidents that happen DOWN THE CAPE! Whites are not here, at least if they are they are not close enough to worry about it. Also, 95 percent of shark ATTACKS not kills are from Bulls and Tigers which again ARE NOT here in NH ON THE SHORE. If they are here they are further out not at the beaches. How many times last year were there attacks(bites) near New Smyrna in FLA? Its the shark bite capital of the WORLD, Oh and also is infested with BULL SHARKS. which love to hang out in 1-2ft of murky churned up water, biting anything within their senses... Our water may be cold, but its very safe from shark attacks... documented attacks in Nh, RI, or Maine in the last 20 years>>> 0.... even in Massachusetts, NOT INCLUDING the CAPE. Anyone will tell you North shore/South Shore might as well be two different states in MASS.

19. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
  20. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Is that you, shart snoofer part deux...?