First surf trip

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by harrydog, Jun 22, 2016.

1. harrydog

harrydog Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Hi guys it's Harry from jersey. I want to go on my first surf trip. Trying to decide between Costa Rica, Puerto Escondido, Florida, or teaupoo? Anyone have any advice. Maybe personal experience.

2. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

If you cannot distinguish between the different skill level required to surf each of those spots you listed, I would say you stay in jersey. You just are not ready yet........

3. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Do not come to florida.. we are full of idiots and we don't need anymore! Man I'm from Florida so that doesn't sound so good but keep out anyway.

4. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

You sound as if you are a.....a....a.....surfer??

5. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Def teaupoo, man....it's very similar to jersey, not as big though. Jerz is epic, brah!

6. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Herro Harry how's it hangin'?

7. harrydog

harrydog Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Just watched a video on surfline for puerto escondido. Definetly going there. I heard the summer is a good time of year to go. Anyone have any tips about puerto escondido. Probably booking a ticket today for mid july trip.

8. harrydog

harrydog Member

Jun 22, 2016
    also, does anyone know what the bottom is like there sand or reef?

9. JohnnyCornstarch

JohnnyCornstarch Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2015
    There's a swell this weekend you should really try and catch man. Gonna be nice and clean, plenty of makeable barrels. I'm sure the guys down there will hook you up. Other than that I'd say your best bet is Florida mid-July. We usually have at least 3 overhead days a week that time of year.

10. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    +1 Clearwater Beach dude, best break in all of FL, ooops, I spot named! :rolleyes:

11. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    I have a couple friends who have houses there. Lot of good surf there without surfing the death defying beach break its most known for.

12. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Sand. And good luck--you will need it!!

13. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Then why bother going?? It is a beach break; when small no different than jersey, new hampshire, florida.
    10ft faces or bigger or save your money (just opinion)

14. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  15. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    He say's ( I have friends there) I say Ask your efing friends!!!! Now put on your A$$hat and go sit in the corner

16. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  17. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

18. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Congratulations. You just won the internet.

19. surfroosters

surfroosters New Member

Sep 19, 2016
    Look, the places you've listed are quiet tuff for your first trip!
    Check out this page that organize super cheap packages in the Punta de Mita area in Mexico which is a top destination for all level surfers:
    www.surfroosters.com

20. frothy cheese

frothy cheese Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    harry, have you experienced the belmar? most say they need no further exploration in surfing once they have experienced the real deal