droppings in rocks

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by ooglyboogly, Oct 18, 2014.

1. ooglyboogly

ooglyboogly Member

Mar 2, 2014
    for the love of ****ing dogs man, surf ETT-I-QUATE you douchy mc. douchbags. rockaway wtf? i don't care how bad i want a wave, unless a guy is flopping around out there or blowing more than a wave or two I do my best not to drop in on ANYONE. where the fork do you conts get off taking off on every wave thinking you can actually gain enough speed not to fork the guy who has right of way…even if he does blow past you and you eat it? you suck not just at surfing, but also respecting THE CODE, duuude. seems all of that went out the window the past few years at rockaway….yeah, i actually do like surfing there when its on or even sloppy because its home enough to call home. 20 years I've been surfing between FL and NY (and i aint no old fart) and holy ****e, the past few years in rock have been comedic. do us a favor, not you guys who are registered to this site, but anyone passing through who reads this crap, learn how to assess the situation before taking off….that means look left, right, forward, backwards, whatever….just don't enter kooksville and break laws that should be instilled in anyone who considers themselves a surfer….dude.
    as a side note, I'm hammered and eagerly await the continuing swell tomorrow. dog willing i wake up in time to catch waves before work and head to rock instead of further east, don't step foot on a board if you think you might be dropping in on people you shouldn't, unless you wanna scrippity scrap.
    know when you are putting yourself and others in danger. know how to respect those who share the ocean with you. as a god damnnn captain of boats, i can tell you, its imperative you always exercise good judgment, put safety first, and know what the pho-k you are doing on the water.

2. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    you are posting this in vain. just returned home from a surf check and throngs of people 6 deep in one car just cuz the little dude is green with 5-6 bars next to him. they drove for over an hour and there goona go out no matter theyre skill level and cause mayhem. heard one guy on his cell telling his bud what parkway exit to take etc. you cant stop the kookdom. its the internet age and everyone with wheels and a board is goona show up to your spot. the days of listening to the weather radio and making your own predictions and waking up and checking it are over.

3. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013
    which is why in the 80's surfers were worried.....or even paranoid. (like, this CAN'T be happening; could it?)

4. MFitz73

MFitz73 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    lol wow did you just discover the ocean sh7it show known as rockaway beach? the best breaks in rockaway have been destroyed by these gdamn kooks and hipsters. any surf video that comes out of rockaway needs to have the benny hill music playing in the background in order to make any sense out of what is going on there.

5. jettyface

jettyface Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Apparently the concept of the paragraph has gone out of style.

6. superbust

superbust Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    True dis. I would read many more posts if they were worded/formed correctly. Granted he is drunk ^.

That aside, kooks are here to stay. Saw a dude getting to his knees and faceplanting every damn wave he went for yesterday in OC. Then he continued to tell me his new fins and new board feel great....

I don't mind beginners and new surfers at all but when you LEGITIMATELY CANNOT SURF and you're out during a hurricane swell, I mean c'mon...brah

7. travy

travy Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    the key to happiness is lowering your expectations

8. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    If he woke up this morning in times, Rockaway was pretty empty and garbage.

I hate the crowds, I would much rather surf alone in peace, but, in my experience, 90% of the people out on a given day in Rockaway can't surf at all, are deathly afraid of getting swept into the jetty, and if you sit deep won't be anywhere near you. It does happen that occasionally a beginner who doesn't know any better will go on a wave they shouldn't, but almost always they respond to being called off.

Some surfers, when they are out, I know I'm not getting any waves off of them, no matter what position I am in. I'm sure every spot in the world has those people, and for the most part they have earned that position. About all you can do about that is move down the beach, wait for scraps, or smile and make your face known enough that you'll get the occasional nod in.

The run of the mill, competent surfers in Rockaway I usually don't have much trouble with. If you're surfing around assholes, move down the beach. If you're always surfing around assholes, I don't know?

9. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    agreed. its the closest break to the capital city of the world. what do you expect. the world has finally discovered how cool and hip surfing is.

up until the round '99-'00 a group of us would pile into a Winnebego and go to Rockaway during nor'easters. we would surf 92nd all to ourselves with the occasional old salt local. many many houses were boarded up and laying to rot. one guy would usually hang out and take pics so the RV wouldnt end up on cinder blocks with the windows smashed. those were the days. ive since then written off Rockaway.

10. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Oh wow, part of this is true and part of it is goofy hyperbole mixed in with lack of local knowledge I guess, but the thought of a whole gang of outsiders showing up at the main break in a Winnebago really makes me laugh. I'm sure you had plenty of New Yorkers down your way today, and I'm sure it was plenty annoying, but I bet none of them had enough style to come down in a motorhome!

11. Slashdog

Slashdog Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    I have to agree with SBX here... I recognize the 'Alpha'-Shredder d*cks, & wavehogs too, and I move down the beach or give 'em their due, depending on the situation.

Don't get me wrong, I feel your pain Oogly. About once a month I have a session so frustrating that I think about bashing in someone's head. But that's not the majority of sessions. I check how many people there are and how competent they are. If I see three people on a wave, I just turn around and don't look back.

Here's to tomorrow guys- let's hope everyone shows up in the shorties and 3/2's, turns around, and goes home. If you see someone surfing an ancient Phoenix thruster, say what's up.

12. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    there were beyond many New Yorkers down my way today, and no none showed up in a Winnebago. They showed up 4-6 deep in SUV's or caravans of 2-3 cars with 2-4 in each car. they weren't privy or hip enough to show up in a Winnebago and certainly had zero style when a pack of 4 to 8 paddled out to an already overcrowded line-up.

and my memories of the Rockaway of old are true with no exaggeration bra. I don't know how old you are but the late 90's was pre internet and the surf industry in NJ/NY was in a real slump. there were no pros, no instagram, no super advanced ultra light wetsuit technology so that anyone with coin can surf in freezing temps ( if you read my prev post it was during Nor'Easters. dead of winter), no lame gopro selfie movies posted on a SwellInfo website, no media coverage. nothing to get throngs rushing to any particular spot.

so back then rolling up to a slum (that's what Rockaway was then) in a Winnebago was no big deal.

13. sbx

sbx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Yeah, I'm old enough, maybe too old. In 99 I lived in a real slum, and coming out here to surf was like vacation, even in winter.

If it makes you feel any better, the same people roll up here in their same SUVs. Sometimes in the summer, on weekends, there's a family camped out on my block or the nearby blocks in a Westy; when my kid was a sleepless newborn I would walk him in the stroller at 6 in the morning, and I would sometimes walk by their van, top popped up, and hear them shushing their toddler. Now that is style.

14. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  15. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    This is why I routinely sacrifice wave quality for less crowded!

16. grainofsand

grainofsand Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2014
    surfing sucks, Poke'mon Go is where it's at....

17. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I thought this thread was about dog schit.

18. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    bwhahahahahhaha

19. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I thought people were deuceing all over a jetty or something haha

20. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I thought this threade was like 2 years old... oh, it is! Good ol Sehldonne, got me again! HA HA