Its too f%&^$ big

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Gnarly, Aug 17, 2009.

1. wang

wang Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2007
    agreed! besides, who listens to ****line anyway. some amateur sitting in a cubicle does the east coast forecast from LA based on how big his kid's crap is in the morning (and, you pay for it, ha). check all the sources, including NDBC, and make your own call- you know your own spot better than you think ;)

2. Bodezafa

Bodezafa Member

May 29, 2008
    yup

I'm anxious. Let's surf.

3. mofosurfer.com

mofosurfer.com Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009

Oh snap! :eek:

Oh no you didn't! :eek:

You did. :eek:

You went there. :D

Your gonna piss off Sean "Puffy" C. arn't ya. :mad:You know this will force his hand and he will send his goons to throw rocks at your office until you leave and he is able to declare your place is now for the true actual locals and then builds them an outdoor shower as a sign of goodwill.

:cool: Good job man. Good luck. :rolleyes:

4. NSsurfer

NSsurfer Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Nova Scotia: Magic seaweed is forecasting 38 ft @ 16 seconds sunday night, with a breaking wave estimate of 50 ft. are you F%^&* kidding me?!

5. wbluke

wbluke Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    i have a 6'2 merrick rob machado

http://www.cisurfboards.com/sb_machadomodel.asp

it was a older model i guess with a thumb tail on it... 8ft leash i have rode it in puerto rico it was maybe d-oh but i didnt take off on the sets lol will it work for this weekend?

i dont have the specs but i would say 18 inches wide and maybe 2 and 1/16 maybe a little more thicker im not sure but will it work? my fins of choice will be fcs g3000x or something like that lol

6. brek

brek Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Um...yeah, I learned Magic Seaweed was garbage when I went to Nova Scotia last year. Mind you, it was the middle of summer so I should have known better. All week leading up to my trip I was getting stoked cause they had it mostly at 5-7ft, and topping out at 12 ft for one of the afternoons I was there. Um, it actually ended up being 1-2ft. :(

7. NSsurfer

Jan 8, 2009
    haha yeah, all magic seaweed really does is tell you when waves are coming, not accuratae at all, all said though 38 feet is unheard of, even on ms

8. wang

wang Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2007
    If you are wondering if this board will work this weekend..... then you probably shouldn't be riding it. Doubt you could tell the difference if someone swapped out your fin set.

9. wang

wang Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NDBC is saying Slaughter Beach, DE will be 3-5ft on sat w/ a SW wind for those of you that think it might be to big elsewhere.

10. wang

wang Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Totally Right!!! I'm posting way too much :D

11. capesurfer

capesurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2007

no one except surfers and spongers with fins will be in my water for this entire swell. i can't keep people from dipping their legs in, and thats fine if they wanna get their feet wet, but not one tourist will be heading out past ankle deep. i've had too many people get sucked out in just waist deep water when sets come in and the rips start getting gnarly.

this is all pending on the call from the captain...if the beach is closed then we will be on duty in oc all day, but no one will be allowed in the water, no matter how much i want people to charge it >.<

but if you guys are allowed in, then we'll be watching ya from the shore, cept on breaks...then ill be out in the lineup with fins on, bodysurfing...the privilege of being a paid waterman. i live for conditions like these. and to all yall who have been beating on the ocbp, ill see ya out there friday/saturday/sunday

12. capesurfer

capesurfer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2007
    ya, i will be bodysurfing. bring it.

13. wbluke

wbluke Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009

thats funny lol you will be the kid paddeling out on a ****ing longboard at c street haha

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  14. daddy_nugg123

daddy_nugg123 Active Member

Mar 2, 2009
    i hope early friday morning is funn! get warmed upp for the. well um. you no

15. wang

wang Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2007
    6'3" Ultra Lite @ OC Shoals or D-Bay sat, my assateague spot on sunday w/ a handful of friends. No longboard for me, tough to drench kooks w/ buckets o spray on a big board. Not tryn to be a j@ck@ss, was just being honest- dimensions were way off on that board. I didn't start caring about what I rode until I could pull a full wraparound, cause I prob couldn't tell much of a dif on things like fins n stuff either.

16. fatoldguy

fatoldguy Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2007
    The forecast has backed off considerably.

17. NSsurfer

Jan 8, 2009
    yeah, and back ON for nova scotia

18. rlghdude

rlghdude Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Have a question for someone who can give some sort of useful answer and not a bunch of %#@$ talk. Been surfing in buxton, NC several times in OH conditions. Never been in DOH conditions. If this swell will actually pans out to be DOH do I have a realistic chance of being able to drop safely into a wave this size with a 6'1" board? I'm not worried about the paddle out. I'll find a place to paddle out and I'm confident that I can make it outside just not confident in my equipment when it comes to actually dropping into a wave this size. I'm 5'8" 160 lb. Thanks for the info

19. wang

wang Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I'm 6'1" 185 lbs and my biggest shortboard is a 6'3". I surf everything up to 12 ft and year round in a 5/4/3 f-bomb w/ no problems. You should be fine.

20. mofosurfer.com

mofosurfer.com Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Duuuuuuude... you surf 12 foot faces (double overhead) on a 6'3?

Why thefvk are you not on the asp tour?
    You were the inspiration for Kelly and his Wizard Sleeve, eh? ;):D

My only question is why are you surfing in a 5/4/3 during the summer? :confused:

Isn't that... um.. .unpleasant? :p