Close Calls

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by EmassSpicoli, May 7, 2013.

1. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Emass:
    My 2 centavos.
    From your statement "...got a lot of catching up to do to you vets. Need to log those hours...", it sounds like you're on an urgent quest to make up for lost time and cram in as much surfing as quickly possible. I can sort of understand that, as I started learning to surf later in life. I'm 57 and have been only at it since August of last year. Sometimes I wish I had started sooner. Surfing is certainly addicting and consuming. I've often had to remind myself to be grateful for the experience (bad and good) and enjoy the journey. It's similar to learning martial arts, with which I've had some experience. Many beginners want to know right off how long it will take to earn a black belt. They're obsessed with getting a black belt in as short amount of time as possible. But in the process, they often miss the whole point, meaning, spirit, and the "art" of martial arts. There's more to it than just the mechanics. There's also a certain "seasoning" that comes with time. This is important too. I think surfing is somewhat similar in that regard.

2. biff22

biff22 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    yea... this guy can't be serious. i said before he's a hoax... now I'm convinced.

3. cackedinri

cackedinri Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012

u <3 dix and live in cambridge

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Great points you make, agree with it 100%, take your time and enjoy the journey

5. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Just resurrecting some epicness. Somehow, I always pictured Emass' event going down something like this:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  6. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
  7. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Y E S this awesome....the best part a where he just stood up, or didn't just bail the board and figure out how to swimme outta there, or when he passed up the chance to get on an nsp and float outta there

summer pros, man

8. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    i remember when he wrote this but i never commented on it to now i think i was just blown away by it.

9. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    that girl in the green bikini is saweet

10. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    heavy situation brah...

when ur getting pounded for 2 minutes before realizing ur in waist deep water...

11. your pier

Dec 2, 2013
    #frostlyfe

12. your pier

Dec 2, 2013
    Am I the only one internally chanting for the guy straddling the breaker to
    give himself a colonoscopy?

13. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    That guy in the video should probably give up surfing but I mean everyone gets in over their head once in a while but in the guyscase it's not even over his head.

14. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    [video=youtube;31MdhyCmp9s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31MdhyCmp9s[/video]

15. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    #undertoe
    #holdovers

I couldn't even quote the OP to italicize those funnies, Rereading entire thread now.

16. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I hereby nominate milkdilk as the most poignant minimal poster.

17. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I skimmed it to see wtf I posted. I was trolling hard. lol mmmmm cat urine...

18. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    That's funny, as i was skimming it to see what i posted back then, I was responding in my head. When I finally came up to my posts they said almost exactly what i was thinking today. At least im consistant.

19. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    revamp this thread its golden!!

and when ur heading towards the rocks,swim out to sea.the rocks will not save you

20. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Wow!

Check out page 4... Remember how he had those super long posts to answer spicific questions from everyone? He quoted everyone question!! This is crazy...