nantucket = kooksville

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by veriluxxx, Aug 1, 2016.

1. veriluxxx

veriluxxx Active Member

Aug 8, 2013
    went to cisco beach over the weekend, loaded full of kooks on soft tops and locals wearing zinc all their faces thinking they're native americans or something. am I missing something here? does it mean the more zinc you wear the more you rip? even heard one white faced local talk about barneys and stuff, he must be really good

face10.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  2. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009

3. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Never been, but are you surprised? In my imagination the place is an island resort....

Which brings me to my point....I would think the more concentrated affluence you have in a place, the more tourons with $$$$$$ to burn on weekly foam & wetty rentals.....also, generally speaking, the more sense of entitlement (and less etiquette) there would be

Who's the kook?

4. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    You'll find all types in Nantucket... except poor people. The exception to that rule would be the poor people hired to clean your room at your B&B, wash dishes in the restaurants you go to... you get the idea.

There are kooks, kids, local legends, talented travelers, underground soul surfers, and everything in between. Jump on a local fishing charter boat and you'll see the same thing.

Just like everywhere... my suggestion would be, if you're not a local yourself, don't judge. Enjoy what's there and be thankful you're fortunate enough to go spend some time there.

5. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I read some stories about Nantucket in the 70's and it still sounded pretty fkn righteous.

I just can't wait for Labour Day at this point. I feel so much more like a liberated animal .

6. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    RU an Nantucket local? Do you RIP?
    How was the fairy ride?

7. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    lol

Do you even zinc bro?

8. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    My favorites are the red faces and blue faces, it's like putting a bunch of stickers on your board, only different...

9. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I always try not to ride fairies. I did do it once, though, just for the experience. Turned out to be, "just not my thing." I'll say I've become quite fond of the Grey Lady over the years.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  10. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    There's a dude I see every so often, another booger so it makes me cringe, but he always has that god damn blue sh!t on his face, could see it from 100 yds away.

[​IMG]

11. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
  12. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Creepy lol

13. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    i have 3 soft tops on the top of my truck every day.

14. red dog

red dog Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    always somewhere that's offshore!

15. eppeldaa

eppeldaa Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I dunno
    everybody is nice until they are not

16. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Very astute! Do you zinc?

17. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    These guys bang pvc pipes harder than shred hindus. Great show too.

18. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
    We got guys from Seattle smearing white zinc all over their faces, and the sun's not even out.

They look like they're starring in a silent movie.

19. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    You have Mimes in the lineup?

20. littlerhody

littlerhody Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009

I have been there to surf a few times it's generally ****ty close outs. Similar to the cape. I'll stay home better here.