Dumbest thing you've every heard in the water...

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by 2FUN, Aug 5, 2016.

1. 2FUN

2FUN Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    OK so surfing Jenness yesterday and as always its a beautiful overcrowded day with all the usual suspects that time of year. Grab the 9'6" and hit the water. Get some beautiful rides early and all is good. Then as the day goes on it gets more crowded EVERYWHERE inside the flags outside the flags, like I said normal summer day. So I see a wave, grab it turn right and start gliding down the line when all of a sudden a guy jumps up on the wave to my right... ok summer time and to be expected especially at Jenness.... then he turns LEFT.... ah ok.... I turn my board straight and try to avoid him but alas we knock boards..... R U kidding me? I turn to him and say " are you ok'?

and he says to me...... " yea don't worry its a rental board"

Oh its a rental board? Oh thank heavens I thought for a second I was gonna ruin that beautiful waterlogged dinged and chiped BIC POS you were riding and your day would be done!!! WTF!! I was speechless which doesnt happen that often. Thank GOD the glass job on my board is very thick! Not a scratch on the board.. but still... too funny(but not 2 fun...lol)

2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    A dude with a thick NY accent talking to his buddy about going to see a double header the day before...

"I said... gimme two beahs, two dogs, and to pro-gramms. I'll be hea owll day."

3. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    "I can't swim."

4. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    You saw Frost in the water?

5. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    :)

6. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I saw 2 or 3 frat guys pick a fight with an old guy fishing on crystal pier last fall. He was up there just minding his business and they insisted on being right under the pier and messing with his line. Usually I side with the surfer in this situation, and i'm talking 99.9% of the time, but it was tiny out, they were on foamies, and they were being obnoxious as sh*t. He looked like he lived a pretty hard life, and certainly earned the right to a little space to fish.

They end up getting in a yelling match, cursing up a storm at each other, and the poor old man finally got fed up and left. The frat assholes went in like 10 minutes later after they were sure he was gone. The acted like they had won some kind of battle or something.

I was disgusted. As hard as I tried to not let it bother me all that negativity def brought down my session.

7. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    HAHAHAHA got me crackin up on that one!

8. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I love watching people get stocked off the ocean in between waves...kids all happy, adults acting like kids, everyone getting smashed(by waves not alcohol) huge smiles even though they're kookin' the fock out...

well, one day last year I saw a similar frat boy type, boston accent, cursing up a storm in the water and how do I say, like, fighting waves kinda...kept cursing really loud. I mean, I have a vile mouth at times, and I know it's not a family restaurant, but this guy was really obnoxious. I wanted to take his scalp, like, bad. But I just paddled away.

Not the dumbest thing I've heard in da wata, but HH made me think of it. I fkn hate frat boys.

9. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Guy: Dude, something just hit my leg, I think it was a dolphin! Me: If a dolphin hit your leg, you would know it. It was probably a bluefish or small striper.

10. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Last winter This guy o paddled out right in front of me and asked " Is this a good wave spot?"

11. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    This is just on my mind because i heard it a few weeks ago:

guy and girl both take off near the peak at the same time and get cross up as soon as they get to their feet her heading left, him heading right.

Her:

"GOING LEFT! IM GOING LEFT! IM GOING LEFT!" at the top of her (ample) lungs.

Him: (inaudible)

They collide and paddle back out

Her (so loud at least 30 nearby surfers nearby are subjected):

"YOU'VE GOT A SMALL PEN!S! SMALL PEN!S! MISOGENIST with a SMALL PEN!S YOU CALLED ME A B!TCH! IT"S NOT MY FAULT I SURF BETTER THAN YOU DO" This went on and on.....

12. 2FUN

2FUN Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    [video=youtube;qNzlMIpN7Jw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNzlMIpN7Jw[/video]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  13. Banned for being awesome

Banned for being awesome Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    A kid asking me if I surf in contests. Ummm kid I am not sure what contests you watch but they ain't letting me in.

14. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Go to an ESA event this summer. If you have a credit card, your in. Into a conteste wiht 2 foot onshore conditions, that is.

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    After almost getting my head taken off by an 18-20 something year old SUP'er, I told him to "move it on down the beach and away from me, he said "I was here first". I replied, "Actually, no you weren't dipsh*t, I was the first one on the beach this morning, first one in the water, and first one to notice your dumb ass struggling to stand on that thing. Now move it down the beach before "someone" get's hurt.

This is one of many occasions where i find a peak all by myself and have it dialed in for hours only to have some f*cknut with codependency issues come strolling down the beach of open peaks to park it right on top of me, the only guy around. This aggression will not stand...

16. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    The ol' pack mentality. I always want to say "Just becasue I'm getting some 50 ft. away from where you're sitting doesn't mean the waves are better where I am, it means you don't surf enough!". But, I don't really talk to people while I'm surfing so if they paddle over I casually catch every decent wave that comes through, leaving them with nothing.

17. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah, depends on my mood, sometimes I'll make sure they don't get any waves or at least make it a hassle, other times it's not worth the energy and I just paddle as far down the beach as I can till they are out of range. Sometimes it's just not worth ruining the good vibe after a couple solid hours of surfing.

18. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Kid on the inside getting a beating and it looked like he wasn't even trying to get back out. I got a wave and paddled back out by him and he asked me if I had seen his Iphone. He had it in some waterproof case and was tucking it inside the leg on his shorty. Not sure how it ended up for him, but I was rooting for the ocean to eat the phone.

19. ScobeyviIIe

ScobeyviIIe Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2015
    "Party Wave", as they drop in on me

20. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    wow. that is really dumb.