Greetings

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by Codfish, Aug 11, 2016.

1. archy 2.0

archy 2.0 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Greetings
    #jonathanlivingstonsh!ttingseagull

2. Toonces

Toonces Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Word.

Hey Codfish, I mean this with absolutely no disrespect whatsoever.

I'm a Rhode Island surfer, and my primary surf spot is Second Beach in Newport.

Question: Why are half the cars in the parking lots in and around Second Beach Massachussetts plates on any given day?

I surfed 2nd Beach yesterday, the first half decent day we've had in a while and I assure you that at least half the plates were Mass.

Granted, we're not all that far apart from one another, but still, between the vastness of Cape Cod and RI, I just am not seeing it. Besides, 2nd Beach is a $140/season or $15-$20/day commitment to surf....

Ok, done. Please help. Not pulling localism ****, but damn man, WTF.

3. Braap

Braap Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    How does cod have almost as many posts as I do already? he's only been on this site for like 3 weeks...

4. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Braap YOU are a inspiration to the south viva la swansboro fk this new guy.

5. rhode island sale

rhode island sale Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Yeah localism is total b.s., but I understand the frustration.

How many people were at 2nd beach on Wed? 100? That swell wasn't really making it into most of western ri the way it was making it to 2nd beach. Maybe thigh high with occasional waist. Much bigger at 2nd from what I heard. waist to chest, right?

It's all people from metro Boston you're seeing.

Cape cod is far better than 2nd beach. Southern Maine is also way better than 2nd beach. That is if you can actually surf and know how to deal with a barrel. 2nd beach almost never truly barrels. All of that taken into consideration, 2nd is the best beach break west of point judith. At least it doesn't close out instantly like many other beach breaks in ri. There's not a lot of good options in rhody with beach breaks on a normal windswell.

I'm guessing the shark danger keeps people off the cape if they live in Boston area. The cape was never crowded, but there's way more surfers nowadays

I mean really no comparison. Both videos show both breaks at their best.
    Cape cod
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8WOnlHSa-8
    Gonzalo swell at 2nd
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzEb-uvv8bs

6. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    For me this thread is past the point of annoying and is now interesting on a scientific level. Most of the loud mouths that roll in here run out of steam after a couple days but this guys is like the energizer bunny. Lets see how long we can keep him going, for science!

Hey fukfish, global warming is a lie!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  7. Toonces

Toonces Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Hey RIS.

There were at LEAST 100 surfers in the water. Truthfully, probably more. I was telling my wife that I got out eventually not because I was surfed out, but because my patience with dodging people had finally run out. I mean between the SUPs, longboards, and funboards, someone like me surfing a fish was just too far down on the food chain. Not to mention all of the guys that would catch a wave outside and then go the wrong way on a wave, blow it right after the wave was too far past to catch, and sit with the deer headlights look in the impact zone.

It was good, about waist-chest but definitely dropping through the afternoon.

Again, not pulling localism ****, but I'd surf Cape Cod every day over 2nd beach if I had a choice. What a mess. I never thought I'd be looking forward to winter.

8. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    No good beachies in RI. 2nd is aight.

9. Trump's Balls

Trump's Balls Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Holy sheep sh!t this new guy sucks major cockage!

10. Codfish

Codfish Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Was a SW windswell which left the Cape flat as a lake. I'll make the drive when there is a solid swell and North wind to find clean surf but too long in the car to scrap with the crowds on a smaller day. Guessing most of those were warm weather surfers.

Summer problems. Over soon.

11. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I've been an abandonerre as of late but now I'm back.
    Congrats Uncle 2B!
    Read half of these lame ass posts so I must add, "Do the Mud Shark! Rub it!"
    I give no props to the new guy...

12. Tlokein

Tlokein Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Pee in a butt, lol. I know a guy who did that to a chick. At the Kentucky Derby no less. They hooked up after one of the parties afterwards and he ended up banging her in the a$$. He said he was so drunk it just happened, was an accident. I think he's a lying bastard though and the freak did it on purpose.

13. yankee

yankee Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    That's the type of story we need more of here on Yee Olde Forume!

Tlo, Happy Friday bruddah & hope things are well. Will be checking in on you.

Knew a guy in high school who got totally wasted. Mark Ebner. Was making out with a girl, full on tongue waggin' tonsilectomy action & he puked hard, chunks, into her mouth. The image of her tearing away & desperately trying to get the chunks out of her mouf with her fingers will, alas, never go away.

Ebner said he felt it coming on & couldn't stop the heave but the lip lock was too strong so he just.....

:eek:

14. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    #eatmyfuk

15. your pier

your pier Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2013

Based on the # of spots you just dropped bombs on you need to do at least 72 intro treades with numerous pics of gf, wife, moms, etc

All well known places, but cmon, let's keep is classy

16. Towelie

Towelie Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Rhode Island sale:

Not even 5 seconds into 2nd (get it?) vid and there's shoulder hopping bradley. Is this the kinda kookery to be expected from your locale? wait was that you?

Also, localism is where it's at, keeps tourists away from from head trauma until morale and lineup ethics along with common (pronounced "come on!") sense is developed.

#eatcockfishtaco

17. archy 2.0

Jul 5, 2012
    If the '2nd' video was it on its best day, then there's no worries in overcrowding that overcrowded subpar shyt beach break.

18. rhode island sale

rhode island sale Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2014
    There's some days where you get longer rides, but as far as heaviness goes that's about as heavy as it gets at 2nd. Actually it's not even that crowded in the video compared to some days. It can get MUCH worse.

It is a concern because it's one of the best beach breaks in the area. It's better than narragansett town beach(close outs) or first beach. I meant it was the best beach break east of point judith in my earlier post. I said west, but meant east. There's a few other beach breaks in western ri, but it's fickle and there are only a few peaks so even 10 guys is a crowd when you have one peak.

19. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    a good way to stem crowds is to paddle out,get in the middle of everyone,and take a sh1t.works all the time.

20. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Wow....very creative. But up here it may not work because most of the line-up are massholes--they are shiiteaters.....