Wild Horses Should Be Killed or Sold, Government Board Decides...

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by DawnPatrol321, Sep 14, 2016.

1. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    "The U.S. government is coming under fire from animal rights activists amid concerns that almost 45,000 wild horses could be euthanized in an attempt to control their numbers."

Full article here:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016...-killed-or-sold-government-board-decides.html

And the Human Virus continues to kill our planet and everything on it. These are the people in positions of power. This is why I say I don't trust large organizations of people, because this is what happens when you put a bunch of dip sh*ts together and give them the power to make decisions.

2. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Add wild horse to the list along with :
    Bison
    Wolves
    Coyotes
    Bobcats
    Mountain lions
    Bears
    and a whole host of other species,

killed by your government, paid for with tax dollars, at the behest of special interests, namely ranching, logging, and mining industries and the cronies of the 'sagebrush rebellion' that's going on.

Nothing new, just a few more people to add to the list that need a bullet in their head.

3. kidde rocque

kidde rocque Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2016
  4. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah, these people should be the ones who are euthanized, I agree with that SS. Thanks for posting that Kid. You know, it just takes a little imagination and creative thought process to come up with solutions. Why not get the Humane Society involved to help them come up with solutions along with any other animal rights activists that want to participate in saving these beautiful animals rather than the lazy approach of "just kill them".

5. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Humane Society very well could be involved, they were influential in getting wolves out of the crosshairs, albeit temporarily.

6. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Like I said in Yankee's thread, I know where I'll make my last stand when the time comes.

7. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Devil's advocate here... Population of the herd doubles every four years. No natural predators. Disease and starvation will be the sad results. This happens to deer populations when PETA and other non-informed animal rights activists try to limit deer hunting.

MAYBE... Introduce wolves into the area? Not kidding with this idea...

8. Masterjasson

Masterjasson Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    It's the spaniards fault they are on the east coast anyway. I say off to the glue factory so we can build more 7/11's, Chipotle's, and high rise condos. The last thing I want to read about in the paper is a heard of bison stampeding through a mid west Walmart trampling over a type 2 diabetic riding in an electric scooter.

9. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    having grown up in the sticks, ive seen what happens when herds get over populated. it aint petty boys. Id rather the cull the herd quickly than see that.

10. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    History of the Chincoteague Ponies

http://www.chincoteague.com/ponies.html

The Md part of the island uses sterilization, Va part has a yearly pony penning auction. Think chronic wasting disease with whitetail deer(without proper thinning) similar to a small farm bass pond- all fish suffer if left unchecked

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    It seems they are "involved" but it doesn't seem to matter what they think? Here's a couple of quotes from the Humane Society in the article I posted:

The recommendation prompted an angry response from The Humane Society of the United States. “The decision of the BLM advisory board to recommend the destruction of the 45,000 wild horses currently in holding facilities is a complete abdication of responsibility for their care,” said Humane Society Senior Vice President of Programs & Innovations Holly Hazard, in a statement.

However, the Humane Society has slammed the agency’s efforts. “Over the past 20 years, the BLM has maintained round-up and removal as a primary management strategy for wild horse and burro populations on America’s western rangelands – an effort which has led to a financially unsustainable Wild Horse and Burro Program,” it said, in its statement. “By focusing massive efforts on removing horses and burros from the range, without treating those horses remaining on the range with any form of fertility control to limit population growth, holding facilities throughout the United States have become overburdened.”

That's a creative solution. Not sure how successful that would be but I think it's better than just going and rounding them all up and killing them.

12. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    It seems that the Humane Society is involved at least in an opinion aspect. From the original article:

Like many problems in our modern world, this is not a simple problem with simple solutions. One should realize that these animals, unlike many of the critters that SS champions, are not native to the land they occupy. They were introduced by man. That right there throws the ecological balance off. As the article states, they have no natural predators. It is similar to so many introduced species here in Florida, for example Burmese Pythons in the Everglades.

We, as humans, have a responsibilty to these animals. As the Humane Society suggests, there should be efforts to control the population similar to what some folks do with feral cat colonies. Some form of population control of humans might also be beneficial.

The bottom line, however, is that whenever we (humans) mess around with nature things get f*cked up.

13. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    Give those fockers a vasectomy, and me too while we're at it.

14. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Word. We must of been posting at the same time. I addressed the Humane Society being involved as well, my point was that I don't think they are truly involved other than giving their opinion, but they aren't being heard it seems? My suggestion was let them make the decision or at least lead them to the right decision.

15. seldom seen

Aug 21, 2012
    I don't know the deets about this situation DP, but in all the legislation regarding wolves the HS did a lot in terms of litigation and funding.

16. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I don't either, I just learned of this myself. Just guessing based on the tone of the article that they aren't being heard. I hope they are and if it goes anything like the wolves thing, then they should be successful in finding a better solution.

17. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I want insects to take over the world!!

18. The Lonesome Tractor

The Lonesome Tractor Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    What does Black Lives Matter have to do with this?

19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    lol Everything!

20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I'd like to let them loose in the Palm Bay Walmart lmao